Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    No diff wif brands. Wif owners,yes. I mean dpends how u wear it,like how frequent,on wat occasions,how u take care of it,etc. Te owner is te best judge. Example if u wear a watch like once a mth n only to an air-con office,doing office job,say for few hrs,then u may need to only svc betwn 6-8yrs once. Comparing anothr who wears 5times a wk,for 8-10hrs each time,leave te watch untouchd,uncleand aftr each wear. Then te svc'g may b betwn 2-4yrs. Tatz IMO only. I may b inaccurate.

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by whiteangle74 View Post
    Actually hw long then need to send watch for servicing har?? Any difference between Omega & Rolex??
    actually mechanical watches around same interval as long as 10yrs, but some need attention after 5yrs.

my dad never service his watch for >30yrs, and my mom also never service >22yrs.

of course YMMV

Leave a comment:

• whiteangle74
    replied
    Actually hw long then need to send watch for servicing har?? Any difference between Omega & Rolex??

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Agreed ! Esp so when we r talking here abt watches tat cost hundreds and thousands of dollars.

Leave a comment:

• seiko.citizen
    replied
    Originally posted by Steffan View Post
    Recently sent my 5 years old speed master to AC @ wheellock place for calibration, servicing & polishing. The estimated cost without parts replacement abt $700!! Say if JW can deliver the same scope of work for your watch... why not for them to handle. Only difference is Omega AC extend another 2 years warrenty after that.
    anything happen within the two years, i think you have "made" your money back. once you go aftermarket service, the warranty stop once you have exchange money, but when you go thru authorised service centre, you are continually look after because they have to rectify any problem posed by their previous job.

because if they do not, you will complain and it will result in bad publicity

Leave a comment:

• Steffan
    replied
    Recently sent my 5 years old speed master to AC @ wheellock place for calibration, servicing & polishing. The estimated cost without parts replacement abt $700!! Say if JW can deliver the same scope of work for your watch... why not for them to handle. Only difference is Omega AC extend another 2 years warrenty after that.

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    well u can choose to sell the watch ...... if u wish to keep it, then u cant skim on servicing....... not 5 years but also 7-8 years......

Leave a comment:

• ongkmeng
    replied
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    $350 is ok lah. Think of it this way: you only service the watch once in 5yrs or so. So each yr averages out to be only $70/-. The fact that you're considering to service the watch means it has served you considerably well or it's worth the effort. Cannot save on this $ because the watch is not any ordinary accessory, but is also a tool to measure time...
    Dunno $350 is ok price. The watch is still working fine except that it is a bit faster ... heart-pain to part with considerable large sum for an omega. If Rolex I may consider .... Haha me stingy chap ...

Leave a comment:

• minusplus
    replied
    $350 is ok lah. Think of it this way: you only service the watch once in 5yrs or so. So each yr averages out to be only $70/-. The fact that you're considering to service the watch means it has served you considerably well or it's worth the effort. Cannot save on this $ because the watch is not any ordinary accessory, but is also a tool to measure time...

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    yeah why not....

Leave a comment:

• ongkmeng
    replied
    Originally posted by ohlins View Post
    sounds more than reasonable...... for a delicate job.....

but then u can always approach others...... i just believe that good is not cheap...
    U mean $350 is reasonable .... ?

Leave a comment:

• ohlins
    replied
    sounds more than reasonable...... for a delicate job.....

but then u can always approach others...... i just believe that good is not cheap...

Leave a comment:

• ongkmeng
    replied
    Check with JW, the servicing cost abt $350 which including dismanlting for cleaning, washing, waterproof testing (after assemble), polishing and 1 year warranty. Replacement part incuded (doubt they will be changing anything since they are service cntre for Omega). Is the price reasonable ? Have not sent in yet.

Personally feel that it is kinda high ...looking at abt $200 (achievable ?)

BTW, any other good service centre ?
    Last edited by ongkmeng; 28-12-07, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    no worries

Leave a comment:

• ongkmeng
    replied
    Originally posted by triton View Post
    try JW @ great eastern.
    Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    JW is good

THanks. Will go and check it out ...