Who has eyes for Omega too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
    A bit rare. in fact never see one before... prefer the sub date to seamaster though i read in some comparison review that seamaster has better statistics than sub date. if die die must choose omega, will choose a speedmaster instead. Don't really like the hands of the seamaster...

Bro, pls look here....

http://www.omegawatches.com/index.php?id=286
    Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

Tag Heuer F1 Chrono(Orange)

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

• Does any1 has any prob with the Omega RED box? The box red outer layer start to peel off after 3-4 years.
      Last edited by lsk005; 04-12-07, 09:29 PM.
      Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

• Originally posted by lsk005 View Post
        Ah...That's a much clearer picture

Still prefer the Speedmaster to Seamaster. But that's my preference only
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

• Originally posted by chows99 View Post
          hi guys, can u help me in this issue ?

I am all along thinking of buying a pre-owned omega seamaster chrnometer. Today in the afternoon, i went PPC to browse ard and there's 1 shop called GMT something... under Marc Brokerage, it is carrying the model.

I enquired abt it and they cant tell me the age of the watch. Do u think its unprofessional ? I looked at the watch and the design is the same with the current model, although i have to be sure by looking at the new model again.

Lastly, they quoted me $1800. Do u all think its a good price ? Can still bargain down ? The condition is not 100% but looks quite ok.
          Btw hw much is brand new after disc? $2700?
          Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

• Hi guys, managed to find a 2nd hand speed master triple day date at about 2k which was bought in 04, i was wondering if this is a good buy ? Any one can share the price for a brand new piece? Also the owner lost the box and papers, thinking of sending for validation/ servicing since i was told that for the last 3 yrs he never do. Any rough idea where to go and rough estimation of price?

Comment

• Originally posted by acertey View Post
              Hi guys, managed to find a 2nd hand speed master triple day date at about 2k which was bought in 04, i was wondering if this is a good buy ? Any one can share the price for a brand new piece? Also the owner lost the box and papers, thinking of sending for validation/ servicing since i was told that for the last 3 yrs he never do. Any rough idea where to go and rough estimation of price?
              Try to neg the price to 1.8k. 3years is abt time to send for svcing.
              Submariner 16610

Submariner 16610LV

SeaDweller 16600

Explorer II Black Dial

Breitling Colt Automatic

Tudor Hydronaut II

SeaMaster 2253.80.00

Comment

Hi guys, managed to find a 2nd hand speed master triple day date at about 2k which was bought in 04, i was wondering if this is a good buy ? Any one can share the price for a brand new piece? Also the owner lost the box and papers, thinking of sending for validation/ servicing since i was told that for the last 3 yrs he never do. Any rough idea where to go and rough estimation of price?
                Think I saw one for sale in Yahoo Auctions. Bro, very simple. Just call The Hour Glass and quote the model number. They will tell you what's the price of a new piece. 2K is a reasonable price. But make sure you get the watch authenticated since it does not come with box and papers

Comment

• Hi Isk005,

the pic u showed, i think is the current model of the seamaster. Y leh ? U got lobang to sell this watch ? I'm interested ! A brand new costs ard $3600 after discount.

Thanks for all the guys for the inputs. I think i will make a re-visit soon. I think its really beauty in the eyes of the beholder. Minusplus prefers speedmaster but i feel that seamaster can really smile back at me ! haha ...

btw, today i went to bencoolen street n saw this shop called Tootokei. THey carry a 2003 Seamaster blue Boy size. He quote me $2000. But it carried a scratch at the blue bezel and he told me the scratch cant be removed. Issit true that there can be scratches that cant be removed ? N also compared to the precious deal, which is better ?

Last question, if the condition is not that pristine, will sending it to servicing n polising, makes the watch look like new ?

Thanks for all u guys !

Comment

• Originally posted by chows99 View Post
                    Hi Isk005,

the pic u showed, i think is the current model of the seamaster. Y leh ? U got lobang to sell this watch ? I'm interested ! A brand new costs ard $3600 after discount.

Thanks for all the guys for the inputs. I think i will make a re-visit soon. I think its really beauty in the eyes of the beholder. Minusplus prefers speedmaster but i feel that seamaster can really smile back at me ! haha ...

btw, today i went to bencoolen street n saw this shop called Tootokei. THey carry a 2003 Seamaster blue Boy size. He quote me $2000. But it carried a scratch at the blue bezel and he told me the scratch cant be removed. Issit true that there can be scratches that cant be removed ? N also compared to the precious deal, which is better ?

Last question, if the condition is not that pristine, will sending it to servicing n polising, makes the watch look like new ?

Thanks for all u guys !
                    Agreed. Beauty lies in eye of beholder.

Bezel got permanent scratch? Depends on you man. But $2K to pay for a scratched watch? I mean if we scratched the watch ourselves, then ok lah. Because every mark we make to the watch, it's actually part of the watch journey, and you'll learnt to be more careful next time. For example, I learnt to pick pool balls using the hand that's not wearing watch

Again, the big qn goes back to you: How much do you like the watch???

Comment

• Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                      Think I saw one for sale in Yahoo Auctions. Bro, very simple. Just call The Hour Glass and quote the model number. They will tell you what's the price of a new piece. 2K is a reasonable price. But make sure you get the watch authenticated since it does not come with box and papers
                      Bro any idea how much it roughly costs to do servicing?

Comment

Bro, I think as a norm, for swiss watches, servicing starts from 10% of the watch retail price. Of course, it depends on whether any parts need to be changed.

Any senior forumer wants to confirm this?

Comment

• i was at Peninsula (Peng ****) last Sat. Saw a pre-owned blue Seamaster. I was quoted 2.3K .... I ask abt the trade in of my white speedmaster and was quote 1K !!!! Ridiculous

moreover there are scratches on th bezel ....

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=387&page=4 ( See post #37's pciture ). ... i send this omega for service, come bck with a new free red case, but cost me abt $450 service + parts.

Comment

• if u can tahan the scratch at the bezel, get the watch.

otherwise be patient, there'll surely be something that catches your fancy bcoz from the way i see it, the scratch does bother u.

if not u will not post in forum to ask.

Comment

• Looks to me that $450 is high as your watch look new. What is the problem with your watch & what did they change ?

Do they polished all the scratches away after servicing

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X