No announcement yet.

Omega or Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Omega or Rolex? Each has its history n merits.
    Omega... I love speedy. Try dressing up a speedy with a leather strap, it's like giving the lady a new makeover n fall over in love again....

Comment

Rolex again for me.

Comment

It's the eternal battle between Rolex and Omega Cant decide ? Well, then get both Rolexes and Omegas That's what I did ... hahaha !!!

On a more serious note, IMO because Rolex is so good at their marketing post 1970s it is more prestigious than Omega but Omega has a rich history prior to WW2 by itself. That's why you see the higher prices in both retail and resale for Rolex watches.

In terms of value for money for what Omega has to offer, leaving aside the resale value, my take is that it has more to offer on a dollar for dollar comparison.

Ultimately, you got to be happy with what you are buying cause comparisons here and there will get you nowhere.

Comment

If you have a DJ, try and see the Speedmaster moon watch, PO and Submariner. Three iconic watches to get anytime

Comment

I'm a Bond fan, so happened 'he' wore Rolex, Omega (Seiko etc).

Still deciding between Omega PO or Rolex DS / Sub no-date / Explorer II. Hmm..

Comment

Get both.....i think both brands have got iconic designs that are worth buying...Omega Speedmaster Pro, Seamaster Pro, Rolex Submariner, Explorer II, at least these are the 4 that I want..

Comment

Originally posted by Balzebub View Post
                Get both.....i think both brands have got iconic designs that are worth buying...Omega Speedmaster Pro, Seamaster Pro, Rolex Submariner, Explorer II, at least these are the 4 that I want..
                Nice list you got there mate

I'll probably start off with a pre-owned Seamaster Pro, now waiting for the right deal.

Comment

Then get the Speedmaster Pro next. Awesome watch!

Comment

Hi people, currently am looking out to buy my first 'luxury' watch and have narrowed it down to a used Omega or Rolex. However, since I don't have so much dough to dole out for a used Rolex, my budget is about $2.5k to $3k. I also want to own an Omega first before moving on to Rolex later on in life (am now 26). Now the problem with buying second hand is that to get a feel of the watch in hand, I have to meet up individual buyers, and apart from the inconvenience of non-obligatory viewing, some sellers may not be so free to meet u just to let you grope a feel. Spoke to some and they were just dealers..very unfriendly replies.

I don't really wear office wear often..mostly jeans. Which model should I go for?

1) Seamaster 2254 (most comfortable for budget)
                    2) SMP300 (the older version with white letters)
                    3) Speedmaster (This looks gorgeous in pics but lacked something when I tried it on at a boutique)
                    4) Aqua Terra (the 39mm one)

THanks..can't post new thread yet

Comment

I owned both Sub C and PO 8500. Sub is classy. PO is rugged.

Comment

Seamaster 2254. Solid build and suits casual.

Originally posted by adamsmith View Post
                        Hi people, currently am looking out to buy my first 'luxury' watch and have narrowed it down to a used Omega or Rolex. However, since I don't have so much dough to dole out for a used Rolex, my budget is about $2.5k to $3k. I also want to own an Omega first before moving on to Rolex later on in life (am now 26). Now the problem with buying second hand is that to get a feel of the watch in hand, I have to meet up individual buyers, and apart from the inconvenience of non-obligatory viewing, some sellers may not be so free to meet u just to let you grope a feel. Spoke to some and they were just dealers..very unfriendly replies.

I don't really wear office wear often..mostly jeans. Which model should I go for?

3) Speedmaster (This looks gorgeous in pics but lacked something when I tried it on at a boutique)

Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by adamsmith View Post

Aqua terra is a good choice .. Swee

Comment

Check out the Speedmaster HB-SIA Solar Implulse

Comment

What about the Speedmaster reissue Broad Arrow(321.10.42.50.02.001)? The watch was reissued to commemorate the original Speedmaster from 1957 and includes design features resembling those found on the first issued Speedmaster, such as the Broad Arrow hands, a silver colored tachymeter bezel and the year 1957 printed on the dial. Other than that it is pretty much the same as the Speedmaster Co-axial chronometer with an automatic 3313 movement.

Comment

This is really personal preference but I have to go with Rolex, also if time comes I would sell it, it tends to hold more value than the Omega.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X