• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pisonic
    started a topic Watch Authentication

Watch Authentication

Hi Guys,

quick question: if i was to buy a grey Panerai or pre-owned from direct sellers, when do i go to do a watch authentication or verification?

thanks in advance

• simpleisgood
    replied
    good info.
    Rolex is world-famous for its performance and reliability. Discover Rolex luxury watches on the Official Rolex Website.

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    I think several watch shops/companies provide this service. Off my mind, I can think of JW Watch at International Plaza and Top Hour at Lucky Plaza. You may also wish to enquire with Chuan Watch at Golden Landmark and Bronze Age at Chinatown area.

Good luck
    That's why I mentioned to check with them.

And why I thought they may be able to do it because I saw it personally that Henry (the boss) managed to identify a fake watch brought in by a watch dealer for cleaning/polishing, some years back, while I was inside the shop. He was very pro; experienced.
    Last edited by Oceanklassik; 09-05-18, 09:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    don't recall Chuan Watch provides authentication service

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    I think several watch shops/companies provide this service. Off my mind, I can think of JW Watch at International Plaza and Top Hour at Lucky Plaza. You may also wish to enquire with Chuan Watch at Golden Landmark and Bronze Age at Chinatown area.

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilb View Post
    Hi, just bought a PAM320, seems authentic to me and the power reserve indicator behind works - but still wish to send it for authentication. Anyone knows who does it?

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• Wilb
    replied
    Hi, just bought a PAM320, seems authentic to me and the power reserve indicator behind works - but still wish to send it for authentication. Anyone knows who does it?

Leave a comment:

• BigBlackClock
    replied
    Originally posted by digital View Post
    Sounds like a plan. Seems then the only thing left is to confirm with seller. Only issue is how long is the wait before they say need servicing, etc? a few days or can get back same day?
    hi did u get an answer as to how long they tell u? Planning to buy a watch that is still under warranty can i go in and act blur say my watch running abit slow can help to check ?

Leave a comment:

• digital
    replied
    Originally posted by fabiaN__ View Post
    yeah, send the watch for servicing / checks... then if it's genuine, they won't say anything and return the watch to you... and it's (usually) FOC...
    Sounds like a plan. Seems then the only thing left is to confirm with seller. Only issue is how long is the wait before they say need servicing, etc? a few days or can get back same day?

Leave a comment:

• fabiaN__
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetmoments View Post
    You can try to send the watch for servicing..
    yeah, send the watch for servicing / checks... then if it's genuine, they won't say anything and return the watch to you... and it's (usually) FOC...

Leave a comment:

• sweetmoments
    replied
    You can try to send the watch for servicing..

Leave a comment:

• zameenzahari
    replied
    Originally posted by gallardofever View Post
    Go ask people at ION. They still do authentication for a price.
    I guess they have changed their previous stance and make it a profitable business. a few years back if I recall correctly it was only $80....

Leave a comment:

• gallardofever
    replied
    Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
    Not sure where you get this information. OP/Richemnont stopped providing authentication services about 2 years ago. You could send in the piece for servicing and if its a fake, they will tell you.
    Go ask people at ION. They still do authentication for a price.

Leave a comment:

• zameenzahari
    replied
    Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
    Neither Richemont nor Panerai would do the watch authentication locally. They would send the watch back to factory for authentication, and it takes months for the watch to come back. It is expensive too .... around Euro 700 !
    Not sure where you get this information. OP/Richemnont stopped providing authentication services about 2 years ago. You could send in the piece for servicing and if its a fake, they will tell you.

Leave a comment:

• wjunkie
    replied
    Neither Richemont nor Panerai would do the watch authentication locally. They would send the watch back to factory for authentication, and it takes months for the watch to come back. It is expensive too .... around Euro 700 !

Leave a comment:

• digital
    replied
    Thanks for the reply. So how much is the usual fee? same as rolex - $107?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X