Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servicing/Repair Other Than Panerai Service Centre

Hi there,

I have a Pam 24 which requires servicing/repair to the bezel.

The black markings on the bezel have come off and there are also some slight scratches on the bezel too.

The word from Panerai Service Centre is that the only way out is to replace the entire bezel. I am surprised to learn that.

I have a few questions:

1) Is it true that in my case, the only way out is to replace the entire bezel?

2) If I were to allow Panerai Service Centre to go ahead with the bezel replacement, will they return me my previous bezel? (Personally, I am concerned about this because if the bezel would not be returned to me, this is effectively a one-to-one exchange and it is ridiculous that I have to pay for the bezel.)

3) How much will it cost me to replace the bezel at Panerai Service Centre?

4) If I decide not to go ahead at Panerai Service Centre, is there any watch shop which can resolve my problems?

Thanks lots to all for the help on my questions.

Q2: why would u want to keep the damaged bezel? U r paying a new bezel.
    Q3: the replacement for my 423 bezel cost $180 at richemont. I reckon 24 should be more costly since it is rotatable and with marking. U can drop them a email for enquiry
    Q4: i doubt who will stock up oem bezel other than the oem themselve?

Comment

A friend sent in the watch to the Centre and did not ask the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Spike123 View Post
        Q2: why would u want to keep the damaged bezel? U r paying a new bezel.
        just tot it wud be to keep the bezel after all i am paying for the new one so shld nt the old one be given back to me?
        Q3: the replacement for my 423 bezel cost $180 at richemont. I reckon 24 should be more costly since it is rotatable and with marking. U can drop them a email for enquiry
        the bezel costs $470. here is the bad news, they r unable to jus replace the bezel n wud need to do servicing too cos replacement of bezel has to come wif servicing. all in all, $1250. tis is a rip off.
        Q4: i doubt who will stock up oem bezel other than the oem themselve?
        if the black markings can be touched up n the scratches polished away then no replacement of bezel is necessary.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
        Working...
        X