Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai servicing

Hi.

Guess I need to send my pam for 1st servicing. Date can't be changed. Stuck!!
    My watch still under warranty but card is under someone else's name.

What documents would I need to bring down to the service centre? Just the warranty card?

Regards and thanks!!!!

Guess just bring the wstch and warranty card will do.

Name on the card is not important.

Comment

Thanks for all replies!

Comment

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread as i do not have enough posts to start a thread..I had recently purchased a new panerai watch from a reputable second hand dealer. I was reading the guarantee card and it indicates that richmonte singapore will only honor the warranty if the watch is purchased from their authorized dealers. But the sales person at the shop told me that richmonte will honor the warranty as it is an international warranty for all panerai watches. Hope someone can enlightened me on this issue.. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Neo View Post
          Hi, sorry to hijack this thread as i do not have enough posts to start a thread..I had recently purchased a new panerai watch from a reputable second hand dealer. I was reading the guarantee card and it indicates that richmonte singapore will only honor the warranty if the watch is purchased from their authorized dealers. But the sales person at the shop told me that richmonte will honor the warranty as it is an international warranty for all panerai watches. Hope someone can enlightened me on this issue.. Thanks in advance!
          Look at your guarantee card any stamp or black sticker, if yes no issue, because that indicated authorized from AD. Local or oversea richmonte singapore will honor the warranty. That's why called international warranty..

Comment

Originally posted by Regnad View Post
            Hi.

Guess I need to send my pam for 1st servicing. Date can't be changed. Stuck!!
            Which Pam do you have? The date stuck as in it doesn't change when it suppose to change or the watch stop and you try quick setting it and it got stuck?

Happened to me once. Didn't wear my Pam and when I decided to wear it, the date was wrong and after a quick wind, instead of changing the time first and check whether its in the "safe zone" for a quick date change, I straight away change the date and the date wheel got busted...of course this only applies to the voljoux movt and not the in house thus the reason I asked which Pam are you facing this problem with...And also because if its your own mistake which causes the mechanism to be busted, I don't think Richemont would cover it though I am not too sure...

Originally posted by Regnad View Post
            My watch still under warranty but card is under someone else's name.

What documents would I need to bring down to the service centre? Just the warranty card?
            If its under warranty , yes...just bring along the warranty card (if its using eta) or warranty booklet (if its using in house movt) and it doesn't matter who's name is on it but make sure it's stamped by authorized dealer and dated...

'It ain't how hard you hit;
            it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
            How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
            That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Neo View Post
              Yes Richemont will honor the warranty as long as it dated and stamp/sign by their authorized dealer...

Authorized dealer in this instance means, dealers like Hour Glass , Sincere Watches , Cortina Watches and so on and so on like the ones listed in their site here...

http://www.panerai.com/en/network/au...PORE-SINGAPORE

As long as the AD stamp is any one of those listed in their site, be it locally or overseas , the International Warranty is valid and also regardless who's ever name is on it...

BUT if you are buying from a second hand dealer and the warranty is not stamped/signed and the second hand dealer stamp/sign it for you as you bought from their shop , the warranty is void as the second hand dealer is NOT the authorized dealer for Panerai...

So it doesn't matter where you got your pre-loved Panerai from (second hand dealer or Sgroc Panerai Garage) as long as the warranty is stamped/signed and dated by Panerai Authorized Dealer , you are good to go...

Strap on and enjoy...

Cheers.

Comment

"BUT if you are buying from a second hand dealer and the warranty is not stamped/signed and the second hand dealer stamp/sign it for you as you bought from their shop , the warranty is void as the second hand dealer is NOT the authorized dealer for Panerai..."

This is good info and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
                  This is good info and thanks for sharing.
                  No problem bro. Glad could share.

Cheers.

Comment

When it comes to pre loved set , a question comes to mind... Local set or Oversea set?

This question has been asked many many many countless times by buyers to the sellers....

There could be many reasons for asking the questions...

Maybe buying local set means the seller is actually paying more so buyer felt justified paying higher?
                    Maybe because buyer knows overseas set is slightly cheaper than local due to tax refund and maybe the right currency exchange thus pressing the seller to sell cheaper?
                    Maybe because if the set is from local dealer it should be and must be real while overseas set have a risk of it being not?
                    And some asked for the sake of asking and cause it seems like a norm that everyone asked.

Seller don't see a point why this question need to be asked as a warranty is a warranty regardless where the watch is purchased.

But for me...I asked because if it comes from local AD , I know who the local ADs are and for sure I know if my warranty (if still have) is valid or not...but if it comes from overseas...I might need to google the Dealer and check if they are the authorized dealer for Panerai...nothing wrong with that just extra research needed...

No which way is right or wrong...both works as long as you buy the seller first...

Cheers.
                    Last edited by Ryuden; 24-02-14, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Hahahahah, learnt something new today.

Ender
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

Thanks to all for the queries..Yup i had checked the watch where it was purchased and indeed the shop is an authorized dealer from the particular country. thank you very much!

Comment

If got AD stamp good lah, if sticker set lagi boom..

Comment

Anyone encountered with their Pam (no quick set date function) 's hour hand coming loose after keep winding the hour hand to to the correct date ? Was winding mine 24 × 15 times as my date was off by 15 days and guess what, it came loose (doesn'thave the click feel.when changing from 1 hr to the next).
                            Watch is 2yrs + ....I read in the warranty booklet, that manufacturing defect is covered for lifetime.
                            Do.you guys think I can use this clause to claim ?

Comment

Originally posted by Watchlover2 View Post
                              Anyone encountered with their Pam (no quick set date function) 's hour hand coming loose after keep winding the hour hand to to the correct date ? Was winding mine 24 × 15 times as my date was off by 15 days and guess what, it came loose (doesn'thave the click feel.when changing from 1 hr to the next).
                              Watch is 2yrs + ....I read in the warranty booklet, that manufacturing defect is covered for lifetime.
                              Do.you guys think I can use this clause to claim ?
                              Is it 312 k series??

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X