Pam 590 THE 8 Giorni Brevettato...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
    Of late, there are instances whereby non Boutique , the ADs, received SEs which was a surprising but logical move by Panerai as the ADs themselves have certain pool of loyal customers who have been purchasing Panerais from them and demand Panerai to allocate small numbers of SEs to them.

The recent Panerai event that I attended, I spoke to Alban who is the GM of SEA, and he confirmed again that this is not a SE but a regular limited production piece. And this not being a SE, there is no word from Panerai if this is going to be released through their boutique only.

The only way we can tell for sure is to see for the next few months, from the sale of the North America, if owners have bought through the boutique only or their preferred ADs.

So far...most of the owners got them from the boutique...but I doubt Panerai will stop there. Current number is 1000 pcs from this first released, which is pretty a lot for one continent...my guess is, the ADs will get some of the lion's share.

But it's still far away to the second released for the rest of the world and the production numbers then will determine if the ADs gets some or not.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
    Thanks, will sound out my regular AD towards end of year. Pam 572 still priority for now

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
      I think I will wait for Mr Bonati to come up with a 44mm '372' with 1950 case + super-duper dome
      sounds great! And make that dome sapphire.
      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Bang, what's the retail price? Definitely the poor man's 203.

Is this piece going to be a regular production model, like the 372?

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
          Bang, what's the retail price? Definitely the poor man's 203.

Is this piece going to be a regular production model, like the 372?
          Current retail price in the US is usd $7700 but it will definitely change in price once the next batch hit the rest of the world,maybe price increase like how it usually is with Panerai or some currency exchange differences.

It is a regular production piece as confirmed by the GM of SEA and the new owners of the pieces in US confirm it's a regular limited pieces with the normal boxes.

Ironically,it doesn't come with a rubber strap. Instead two leather strap.

It's a good substitute to the unobtainable 203.

You getting one bro?

'It ain't how hard you hit;
          it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
          How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
          That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Current retail price in the US is usd $7700 but it will definitely change in price once the next batch hit the rest of the world,maybe price increase like how it usually is with Panerai or some currency exchange differences.

It is a regular production piece as confirmed by the GM of SEA and the new owners of the pieces in US confirm it's a regular limited pieces with the normal boxes.

Ironically,it doesn't come with a rubber strap. Instead two leather strap.

It's a good substitute to the unobtainable 203.

You getting one bro?
            I remembered the 372 was rumoured to be a one time production (not SE though) but it turned out to be a regular production model.

If it's a regular production model, then can wait for the right moment.

Not sure yet at the moment if I'll get it, but it's a gorgeous iconic piece.

Comment

Originally posted by PamDino View Post
              I remembered the 372 was rumoured to be a one time production (not SE though) but it turned out to be a regular production model.

If it's a regular production model, then can wait for the right moment.

Not sure yet at the moment if I'll get it, but it's a gorgeous iconic piece.

With Panerai we can't be so sure, you know them too well too bro.

They might say its a regular limited production but its up to them to make it a one time production or to continue with it.

The word from them...it is to be an ongoing production with the North America getting the first released before the rest of the world for the following batch. If its that well received, which looks like it, Bonati wouldn't want to miss out the chance to make more money. Rather than stopping the model after just one release and give the secondary market opportunity to earn above retail, why not give everyone who desire it and control/kill the secondary market where a substantial amount of the money are actually being made (especially for the more collectables models).

Guess we will have to see what's going to happen and take the risk of betting that this will be an ongoing limited production...if it is what they say it is, a regular model in their luminor line up, time is on our side and no need to rush and pay premiums (only concern is price increase which is very "popular" with Panerai).

However, if its the other way round...a test of how deep our pockets are and how deep the love for the 590 is.

I agree that this is a gorgeous piece but will only be able to really decide when I hold one in my hands, this or the 562.

Cheers.

Comment

WOW!!!

Apparently this piece has reached our shore! Through grey dealer...

Asking price....?

$12,000....!!!

That's quite a premium for those who need to be the first to own the first batch of this model.

Comment

Hmmm...quite ex leh...considered its a not a SE..

Comment

Yup.

But as first few owners in SG, surely someone is willing to pay for such.

I will gladly wait till the next year the R batch reach our shores to try on one and decide.

p.s. I thought either you or azriel will grab it. hehe.

Comment

Just pick up a 590 thru a mate's help.
                      It is actually lighter, thinner and smaller than 390.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant View Post

Just pick up a 590 thru a mate's help.
                        It is actually lighter, thinner and smaller than 390.

Wow! nice one bro. Major congrats!

Can help poison us with more pics? I am liking this one...

Comment

Sure.
                          Will do it over the weekend.
                          When i am back from Batam.

Comment

Comparison picture of the case back, picture credit to Ken

Comment

Beautiful...

Comment

Originally posted by Ant View Post
                                Comparison picture of the case back, picture credit to Ken

Thanks. Yup I remembered Alban said that the newer 8 days manual Luminors are slightly thinner than their previous Eta movement Luminors.

Great to be able to see it in picture rather than trying to visualized it. Awesome.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X