Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sig. Bonati Final Word And A Farewell Pam 911...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig. Bonati Final Word And A Farewell Pam 911...

A couple of weeks ago, the story circulating around a timepiece, a final release of a Risti watch as a farewell to the man behind the rising of this italian brand, was the talk among the circle of hardcore Ristis. We all knew Sig Bonati is retiring since his announcement during this year Sihh and at around the same period, a press release (that should have not been release yet) was "accidently" exposed and the mysterious new model, which was supposed to be a hush hush secret, came to light

But the official announcement was made yesterday by Paddy (current owner of Pcom) and below is the final interview by Paddy to Sig. Bonati.

Dear Paddy ,

As promised please find, attached here, my answers.

With my best regards.
    Angelo

Where were you on the day you first heard of Paneristi.com and how did you hear of us?

I was at the SIHH when a colleague of mine, the Panerai Brand Manager for US, told me about this website founded and managed by Mr Wer Bist.

What was your first impression? Be honest!

It was a real surprise because I found myself wondering how we could be so important as to be classified and talked about in a forum named Paneristi.com

How important was it to embrace us yet keep your distance?

I immediately felt that this bond was fundamental, however it was important to keep my distance because I saw it as a micro-universe in which the Panerai culture could develop. I did not want to upset the natural order of this universe as I believed it was right to let everything unfold as naturally as possible. Why did I believe that? Because it seemed to me that the comments contained cues and observations that at times were rather aggressive and at other times extremely correct. I treasured these latter ones.

Did you ever produce a watch, other than say the 360, that you created from reading the forums wish list posts such as the 232, 372, or were they planned to be released years in advance?

A new watch takes from 6 to 7 months for a simple renewal of the dial and product industrialization, up to 5/6 years for the realization of a movement. In this timeframe watches are made which are sometimes hyper-exclusive as they are in the public domain. I do not deny that sometimes, as I have already said, I did take the advice coming from the web. But often, especially in the years when we were growing, when we read things like "I would like to have", the watch was already being realized. I am not able to be clear on the launch period, but I remember that, in fact, the watch for Paneristi, the PAM360, was created at the request of the Paneristi themselves.

Could you name your favorite 3 Panerais created under your leadership?

The PAM127, the Luminor Marina and the Regatta which, in my opinion, is a watch that nobody had ever produced before and that perfectly fulfils the needs of a tactician aboard a yacht during a regatta.

Which Panerai in retirement will be your daily wearer?

It’s hard to say but I think that the Luminor Due is a good compromise that can be worn both day and night. It is also difficult to say if once I am retired I will spend my time sitting in an armchair reading a book or if I will find something to keep myself busy. Unfortunately I do not have green fingers so I’ll have to do something else!

What other brand will you wear?

Again, it’s hard to say. Panerai for sure though.

What was your best day for you as leader?

When I understood that the Panerai dream was becoming a reality.

Worst?

When you lose a friend.

Any regrets or did you accomplish everything you wanted to do?

I have already said that Panerai was a one-of-a-kind experience both from the viewpoint of relationships with people and from a technical-professional viewpoint. So if I had to do it all over again in the Panerai adventure, I would make the same mistakes and do the same good things. So no regrets.

With regards to this “Last watch for Paneristi”. What was your inspiration in the case back wording and colour scheme? The Irish green face was for me I’m sure!!

Inspiration comes from spontaneity. We have had several requests from Paneristi who were asking for a watch for Paneristi before I leave. Et voilà, creativity kicked in and we got to this result.

Will you miss us?

I started missing you from day one, even if it’s been an important human experience.

Will we see you again at another Pday in Florence?

Certainly, but you will have to invite me or else I won’t be able to attend.

Would we be more likely to bump into you on the street or the ocean?

Both, it all depends on what needs doing and on good health. If I stay in good shape, you will find me travelling the oceans. Otherwise I will have to stick to walking and you will meet me on the streets.

If you could say just one thing to say to us before your retirement, what would it be?

I would say thanks for supporting me in all these years. And long live Panerai!

With Passion!
    Angelo BONATI

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Last One for Paneristi...Pam 911...

Comment

Thanks for sharing.
      Green dial?
      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
      three times is enemy action and
      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
      ."

Comment

Originally posted by Ender View Post
        Thanks for sharing.
        Green dial?
        Yes. Green dial.

Look subtle in the metal.

Comment

I should highlight here that with everything Panerai, this is probably not the last one though many hope it will.

The notion of Last One for Paneristi is Bonati doing this piece for the final and the last time.

Comment

Long live Panerai
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Apparently OP might come out with one for every boutique - the difference is the case back.
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

Is it going to be as popular as the Pam 360 wheich every risti in the world, want to own it?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X