No announcement yet.

Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, going to get one pam within these few days. And i cant decide which one to go for. Would like to seek some advises here, is the steel casing better than titanium in term of resale value? Or Is it that paying extra more titanium is not worth it? Thanks.

Comment

• Hi, ur nick sounds scary le.. Ya, would like to knw tat too. For pams, I prefer te brushed steel.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by mokwai View Post
        Hi, going to get one pam within these few days. And i cant decide which one to go for. Would like to seek some advises here, is the steel casing better than titanium in term of resale value? Or Is it that paying extra more titanium is not worth it? Thanks.
        Hi Mokwai,

Your question is as good as asking: is daytona better than submariner in terms of resale value? Most might answer a big YES immediately, seeing how the value and magnitude of the daytona has risen of late (not saying Sub's are way off). But ask this question in 1970 and likely ppl will tell you NO, they'll stick with the sub. But if you ask, do you like Rolex, most here will answer a solid YES!

It's always a question of time and seasonality for most... Sometimes Titanium pieces are more desirable and sometimes steel pieces are more desirable, give it 10-20 years down the road and perceptions might change again, and hence might very well affect the resale value.

For Panerai, the difference is not that much as I've noticed. There are both fans of steel and fans of titanium that exist within the community, not a thing to worry really. But general rule of thumb is that Titanium pieces command a higher premium, just take a look at the AD prices, abt S$800 difference between PAM176 and PAM112 or PAM177 vs PAM111. But one interesting point to note is the special edition Radiomirs in the 2008 lineup featuring Minerva Movements. They're all housed in Titanium cases... make your own judgement whether they're worth the money or not.

For newbies, I'll suggest that you single out the PAMs that u like, and then go try it for yourself, the weight, the look and how it feels. Buy the one that sings to you most, not just because someone tells you the resale value is good. Imptly, enjoy the watch, if it escalates in value, consider yourself lucky. Else if u take a hit when u sell it... consider it as having paid for the joy of owning that watch for a while. The truth is, nobody can predict the future value of their watches.
        "Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
        --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Thanks for the advice and true enough, your second para scares me . I've a friend who used to own few pams many years back and recently when we chatted, he told me that he had sold all of them and one of the reasons was that one of the models was actually rusting! So he sold it off w/o informing the dealer, and he got off scot-free . Anyway, thanks again and I'll start prowling the ground for one BNIB !!
          Welcome... do take your time to search for the PAM u like. One thing u'd like to note is that if the movement gets rusty, the service center will always be able to service it for you, replacing the parts that have developed rust. Not a biggie for me
          --Groucho Marx--

*For faster response, pls direct all questions to my email: destro22bt@gmail.com thanks!

Comment

• Thanks !
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              I knw but te fear is how trustworthy r they? Sori I cant name my sources n shop/retailer but I'v heard tat at least one of those grey mkt dealers(mentioned) pass off old second/third/fourthhand pams as 'BNIB' ! I really dunno..
              most of the 'lnib' and 'bnib' offered by grey-mkt dealers were probably polished before (from my experiences with rolexes, sama sama).. if you consider the edition number you will know the likelihood of the watch being actually bnib? i personally nvr believed the 'lnib' or 'bnib' krap...
              "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
              three times is enemy action and
              over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
              ."

Comment

• Thanks for your advise.I prefer the tittanium look.have narrow my selection to either 177 or the 183. Thanks.
                Originally posted by Destro22BT View Post
                Hi Mokwai,

Your question is as good as asking: is daytona better than submariner in terms of resale value? Most might answer a big YES immediately, seeing how the value and magnitude of the daytona has risen of late (not saying Sub's are way off). But ask this question in 1970 and likely ppl will tell you NO, they'll stick with the sub. But if you ask, do you like Rolex, most here will answer a solid YES!

It's always a question of time and seasonality for most... Sometimes Titanium pieces are more desirable and sometimes steel pieces are more desirable, give it 10-20 years down the road and perceptions might change again, and hence might very well affect the resale value.

For Panerai, the difference is not that much as I've noticed. There are both fans of steel and fans of titanium that exist within the community, not a thing to worry really. But general rule of thumb is that Titanium pieces command a higher premium, just take a look at the AD prices, abt S$800 difference between PAM176 and PAM112 or PAM177 vs PAM111. But one interesting point to note is the special edition Radiomirs in the 2008 lineup featuring Minerva Movements. They're all housed in Titanium cases... make your own judgement whether they're worth the money or not.

For newbies, I'll suggest that you single out the PAMs that u like, and then go try it for yourself, the weight, the look and how it feels. Buy the one that sings to you most, not just because someone tells you the resale value is good. Imptly, enjoy the watch, if it escalates in value, consider yourself lucky. Else if u take a hit when u sell it... consider it as having paid for the joy of owning that watch for a while. The truth is, nobody can predict the future value of their watches.

Comment

• Originally posted by mokwai View Post
                  Thanks for your advise.I prefer the tittanium look.have narrow my selection to either 177 or the 183. Thanks.
                  Welcome always happy to welcome a new paneristi on board. However, 177 and 183 are very very different animals. Nevertheless, good choices!
                  --Groucho Marx--

Comment

Hi all,

There is an offer of pam 104K at just below $8000 from I think, a grey dealer.

Is this a good buy?

Please advise since this is my first buy. Thanks

Comment

• Price is alright, pretty good, but do make sure he's reputable.
                      --Groucho Marx--

Comment

• Thanks mate,

Anything special that I must consider before making the purchase?

Can I ask his particulars just in case something happen after the purchase?

Thanks.

Comment

• Np bro izee13...

Well, if it's a 104K, I reckon it's a BNIB set isn't it? If it's not BNIB, I'd really arrange to deal after verification it at the service center.

In regards to his particulars, u certainly have the right to request.

If u dun mind, pm me the name of the grey dealer and I'll tell u what I think.
                          --Groucho Marx--

Comment

• Thanks bro.

Is it OK to mention the person's ID here?

Comment

• Such things better to discuss over PM
                              --Groucho Marx--

Comment

• Just bought a PAM104K from Bucherer in Zurich. Paid SGD7595 for it. Love it!!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X