The lume brightness of Sandwich dial vs Painted dial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lume brightness of Sandwich dial vs Painted dial

Hi all bros, gurus, shifus, curious to know which dial has brighter lume ah?

Nv have the chance to compare the lume brightness on above 2 diff dial side by side. So, any bro can help? Thanks ya.

Sort of help answer your question with US Paneristi "Sebks" recent experiment where he compared 3 dials, left to right (210, 24 and 05).

After 4.5 hours:

Puts to rest myth of sandwich dial's inferior performance at night. Sandwich dials for me, they look good during the day and night

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
      Sort of help answer your question with US Paneristi "Sebks" recent experiment where he compared 3 dials, left to right (210, 24 and 05).

After 4.5 hours:

Puts to rest myth of sandwich dial's inferior performance at night. Sandwich dials for me, they look good during the day and night
      Thanks Gadgetguy bro for the info.

However, this only tell which one de lume last longer. Coz this guy used long exposure of 15secs, with such long exposure, all brightness should be ard the same, cant really the which one is brighter.

Comment

You're right, that's why I put "sort of help answer your question". I've only left with sandwich dials PAM, so can't compare for you.

Comment

read somewhere that the sausage dial actually is brighter ..because of the larger lume surfaces compared to the sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by terrenceterrence View Post
            read somewhere that the sausage dial actually is brighter ..because of the larger lume surfaces compared to the sandwich
            Agree on all account, painted dial specially on B series shine like torch. They happen to be inconsisent on the follow up series. My worst encounter is on those 112G . All the 12, 3, 6,9 index glow wif inbalance brightness!! Sane things happen to some Submersible wif T-dial. A mix of Luminova on index & tritium only applied to the dots marker. WTF !!!

Comment

The SE from Cortina told me otherwise... He said sandwich dial shine a lot more than painted dial...

Thats why I seek confirmation here... lots of hidden dragons.. Hee hee..

Any bro has both version can compare for me? Thanks ya!!

Originally posted by johnfish View Post
              Agree on all account, painted dial specially on B series shine like torch. They happen to be inconsisent on the follow up series. My worst encounter is on those 112G . All the 12, 3, 6,9 index glow wif inbalance brightness!! Sane things happen to some Submersible wif T-dial. A mix of Luminova on index & tritium only applied to the dots marker. WTF !!!
              Hahaha.. johnfish bro.. cool down cool down...

Comment

I personally think you should write-in to Panerai or go down to Richmont (agent) to vertify n get and answer your queries

Comment

Terrenceterrence, you know we shouldn't trust everything SE says. If he has a painted dial there to sell, he'll claim it's the best. If only sandwich left, he'll claim that one is the best

Johnfish, you have so many different type of PAM. Should take comparison photos for us to look-see and compare

Personally I'm a sandwich dial kind of guy, maybe should have kept 1 painted-dial PAM for variety. Especially don't mind a painted-dial in A/B/C-series

Comment

Terrenceterrence, you know we shouldn't trust everything SE says. If he has a painted dial there to sell, he'll claim it's the best. If only sandwich left, he'll claim that one is the best

Johnfish, you have so many different type of PAM. Should take comparison photos for us to look-see and compare

Personally I'm a sandwich dial kind of guy, maybe should have kept 1 painted-dial PAM for variety. Especially don't mind a painted-dial in A/B/C-series
                    Haha ..... I never become rich yet ! Those many Pams come & go . As for those wif default in luminous, I quickly part it off lah" Play safe is go visit any Preowned shop bring along a torch. Dun rely too much on me comment or photo post on forum hor"

Comment

Huh? think you got a case of mistaken identity

Comment

With my own eyes, sandwich is brighter.

At least for the first few minutes. Didn't test beyond that.
                        Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

I have 233, 183 n 24. My 233 183 r sandwich dials. 24 is painted. 233 n 183 seems to outshine 24.

Comment

Huh? think you got a case of mistaken identity
                            Oops, supposed to be bro shuseido

Comment

Originally posted by FullHouse View Post
                              I personally think you should write-in to Panerai or go down to Richmont (agent) to vertify n get and answer your queries
                              Hmm... Tot can share info here to all mah.. Hee hee...

Oops, supposed to be bro shuseido
                              Ya lah.. is me lah.. Hahaha...

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                              With my own eyes, sandwich is brighter.

At least for the first few minutes. Didn't test beyond that.

Originally posted by batamboy View Post
                              I have 233, 183 n 24. My 233 183 r sandwich dials. 24 is painted. 233 n 183 seems to outshine 24.
                              Thanks Watcha & batamboy bros... Think answer is quite clear now.

Sorry for all the troubles ya... I am a lume freak, prefer watch shine like torch. Hahaha...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X