Should i buy 3 panerai or 1 panerai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i buy 3 panerai or 1 panerai?

This thinking is tickling my mind for the past weeks...

Let's assume i have $20,000 now to buy a Panerai, I was hesitating shd i buy...
    (1) Pam 196.... $7500.........Chronograph
    (2) Pam 88...... $7500.........GMT
    (3) Pam90........$7500.........Power reserve

All 3 total around $22500 for above preowns

OR a Pam275......$20,000 preown, new $25,000?

Assuming i must have the 3 functions in, One side have 3 watches with each has its own function, can wear different watch at different time and occasions, owns 3 watches at same time can admire each, can play with many straps to match the watches.... gonna be fun

On the other side... just a Pam275 with all functions, looks great, new pam movement, 1950s case, nice see thru back, domed glass, needs only maintain and service one watch, one watch serve all purpose anytime anywhere, doubt any other watchmakers have these functions together in one watch and even if it does think the price is much more ex than $20k. Feel great when ppl stare at your rare expensive Panerai but then yet boring cos wearing same watch everyday

I'm sure many of you also face the problems of undeciding which watch to get at times, so wat will your choice be ?

in this case 3 vs 1.

buy ONE watch.
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by dogtalkcock View Post

Assuming i must have the 3 functions in, One side have 3 watches with each has its own function, can wear different watch at different time and occasions, owns 3 watches at same time can admire each, can play with many straps to match the watches.... gonna be fun

On the other side... just a Pam275 with all functions, looks great, new pam movement, 1950s case, nice see thru back, domed glass, needs only maintain and service one watch, one watch serve all purpose anytime anywhere, doubt any other watchmakers have these functions together in one watch and even if it does think the price is much more ex than $20k. Feel great when ppl stare at your rare expensive Panerai but then yet boring cos wearing same watch everyday

I'm sure many of you also face the problems of undeciding which watch to get at times, so wat will your choice be ?
      I rather U buy one which is the PAM 275.

Imagine another scenario,

1) Porsche Boxster
      2) Audi TTS
      3) BMW Ze S35i

or just one:-

Ferrari 458 Italia?

If me I get the Ferrari Italia, mai tu liaoz!

See the difference???
      Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Watchain this case 3 vs 1.

buy ONE watch
        tsetseQuote:
        Originally Posted by dogtalkcock

I rather U buy one which is the PAM 275.

Imagine another scenario,

1) Porsche Boxster
        2) Audi TTS
        3) BMW Ze S35i

or just one:-

Ferrari 458 Italia?

If me I get the Ferrari Italia, mai tu liaoz!

See the difference???
        same sentiments with the other 2 bros, I'll go for just one!

1) easy to maintain
        2) if got more than one PAM, the other might get jealous.
        3) more exclusive as not everyone has a PAM275

Cheers!

Comment

The answer for me is ONE!
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

3 watches VS 1 watch.....
            So far the score is 4 / 0 to the favour of Pam275

Yes Ferrari 458 italia is sweeeeeeee.....

Another comparison.... 3 so so deadfish GF or 1 super wonder women ???
            Hehehe.... latter is thumbs up

Comment

1 holy grail or 3 little pigs??

PAM 275 without a doubt. Gives you bragging rights, hands down

Comment

Another comparison.... 3 so so deadfish GF or 1 super wonder women ???
                Hehehe.... latter is thumbs up
                Wah....in this case i rather choose 4-some leh....wahaha.
                Paiseh OT abit.....i will choose PAM 275 for sure
                [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/208if89.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/2ljjkgi.jpg[/IMG]
                [COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="3"]"I like my watches like I like women, BIG AND BEAUTIFUL."[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

1 or 3

dun need power reserve(we all know the power reserve of an eta),dun need chrono(unless u take ippt with it ! servicing cost a bomb !)a pam with rotating bezel can solve the timing issue & protect the bezel better,gmt is useful but hands can get oxidised,hate the leather as smelly within a year

get a pam with a bezel as it less scratchable,get 1 with bracelet as u dun have to spent thousands on leather straps

even if u get a pam 88 with a seprate bracelet it dun cost u $20k

eg. pam 329 usd$6850 brand new !

just my 5 cents worth if getting a panerai is "totally unavoidable" !

like the flood !

i personally kept a pam 63c with bracelet(old type) !!!!! as the hands does not aged !

have fun hunting for the perfect watch bro !!!

Comment

buy 3 more fun lah...

1 watch send for servicing still have 2 more ard
                    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                    Audemars Piguet ROO
                    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                    Panerai 270
                    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                    Rolex 116610LV
                    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

I Will Go With 3....

No doubt the 275 is a grail. Who in their rightful mind would turn down having a timepiece like that when one have the capability and opportunity to own one.

But like what James mentioned, 3 is more fun. If you need to service one, the will be 2 more waiting and can take turn servicing each one at a time.

Another thing you might want to consider is resale value. Like most of us who very very seldom hold on to our watches more than one year or 2 years maybe, (some, life span is astonishingly much shorter than that,) is this one watch you wanna keep for a long time...?

From my personal point of view, the 3 Pammies you looking at, if you decided to sell, there would still be demand and your loss might be minimized by selling one individually compared to you trying to sell away the 275 which not most of us can afford it, I know I cant, and if you really in need to flip it, how much loss can you tahan in order to get a buyer for a $20k Pam..?

So I would go with having 3 Pammies with different function than 1 Pam with all.

P.S. opinions and views is strictly from my own perspective.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
                      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
                      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
                      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

1 grail over 3 more common pieces.

Comment

Also one more thing, I have gone thru a similiar dilemma, so I buy 104, then afterwhile I sell, I buy 320, then 320 wear awhile still cannot curb my itch for the 233. In the end i finally got my 233. If 275 is what U like, then go ahead to buy it.

Comment

Now result is 6/3 favour275.
                            Hv one repair n servicing is cheaper but left w no watch to wear like some bros mentioned. Not sure resale value but I buy at $20k and in future and current market around $19k plus loss of few hundreds sound ok. But in case will this model goes up in price?
                            For such complication watch thru observation seems to hold value pretty well.
                            For the 3 watch if each I lost 500 total loss will be 1500.
                            That why I m worried which wld be more safer to buy and keep for 2 years?
                            I m still indecisive.

Comment

Now result is 6/3 favour275.
                              Hv one repair n servicing is cheaper but left w no watch to wear like some bros mentioned. Not sure resale value but I buy at $20k and in future and current market around $19k plus loss of few hundreds sound ok. But in case will this model goes up in price?
                              For such complication watch thru observation seems to hold value pretty well.
                              For the 3 watch if each I lost 500 total loss will be 1500.
                              That why I m worried which wld be more safer to buy and keep for 2 years?
                              I m still indecisive.
                              Actually should be pretty alright for you to invest in a 275 if U intend to keep long. Its always better to be prepared that U will lose money instead of making money. Such things are difficult to say, U buy the watch bcos U like it and not bcos of making money ya. You will enjoy ur watch better this way

Regardless of your choice, remember to post some pics of your new PAM(s)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X