Getting reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting reference

Hi guys, this is my first time trying to sell a watch to an overseas buyer. I need some advices on getting references in paneristi.com.

I'm a genuine seller and have the watch in my possession. I'm about to close the deal with the buyer, only question now is that I do not have any references under my belt (1st time selling in paneristi.com).

I would like to know if there are ways where I can get references from paneristi.com so that the buyer have a piece of mind when dealing with me and I'm indeed a solid seller? For e.g., does it help if fellow SG ristis are able to vouch for me if I can show the SG ristis my watch that I'm selling in paneristi.com?

Any advices or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Get someone you know in this forum with strong and good positive itrader feedback to inspect the watch. Get the seller to come to this forum to read the person's feedback and let him vouch for your watch. This is all I can think of. Hope this helps..
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
      Get someone you know in this forum with strong and good positive itrader feedback to inspect the watch. Get the seller to come to this forum to read the person's feedback and let him vouch for your watch. This is all I can think of. Hope this helps..

Totally agreed

Comment

thanks bro seventh son and dark knight for the advice.

any pam gurus willing to do me this favour?

Comment

Firstly, it's gonna be a bit tricky since I know it's the Fiddy, so it ain't cheap. So not only the buyer needs reference , u need to have some ref for him too. There have been numerous times where the seller were cheated. So first advice- get ref for buyer.

Two, since u don't have ref, it can be a bit tricky. The only people with a lot of ref that I can think of are actually our grey dealers like Yeo Kim Choy , Kenneth Tan and Sam Cheng . So, if the buyer is insistent on P.com ref, I guess u need to workout something with these gentleman. How and how much it's gonna cost you I'm not sure but if it is necessary, I'd contact them.

Finally- whatever it is , make sure u ship with full value insurance . Do not under declare the trade value for even 10 cents. It'll help in case of non arrivals. As for payments, I'd insist on wire and wait a day or so before shipping out. Paypal can be a lot of hassle.

Now, buy me kopi

Comment

Basically, reference has to be build up. You can't buy it anywhere. For overseas selling of big ticket item (like your fiddy), this gets even more tricky. If you ask me, P.com only recognise a few Singapore Risti as good enough reference. And these people are not likely to vouch for you in case anything goes wrong and it affects their painfully built-up reputation. Grey dealer as mentioned will not likely vouch for you unless they know you for a long time and do it on goodwill. It's not about paying them some kopi/token for them to do it cos there is business-risk for them.

If you ask a Rsiti whether he will vouch for you after seeing your watch....he won't unless he knows you personally and enough. Cos seeing the watch is only 1 small part of all the risks involved.

I have only done 1 overseas sale to States and that is after the goodwill reference of a local dealer.

Like mentioned, you need to be careful too as there has been sellers scammed by buyers too.

Buy the seller and sell the buyer.

Comment

Well said Bro Kuchingku
              | Rolex Submariner | IWC Big Pilot 5004 | Panerai 312 | AP Panda |

Comment

Thank you guys for the advices.

I'm curious on how can the seller be scam when assuming the seller will only ship the watch out after receiving of funds?

Comment

There are cases where sellers got scammed after receiving "payment". I read it in paneristi.com. You may wanna do a search.
                  1 3 5
                  ├┼┼╕
                  2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by aeromau View Post
                    Thank you guys for the advices.

I'm curious on how can the seller be scam when assuming the seller will only ship the watch out after receiving of funds?

They send buyer funds. Then accuse buyer of not sending goods or send damaged goods. They then report on P.com and police to investigate and to get refund from you showing bank statement that money has been sent.

If paypal even better. There is buyer's protection and buyer can get paypal to freeze your funds.

Not easy to scam but has been done before. In the end, is one word against another. If buyer has reputation and seller does not have much, this can be a case of whose words against whose words.

Unless your intention is to sell 1 piece and disappear, then can hack care. But I suspect the buyer will want you to furnish your passport picture, home address etc for a deal this amount.

This does not happen often but it has happened before. If you ask me, go with local deal face to face at Richemont. No worry after the deal.

I have walked away from many overseas deal and only deal (buy or sell) to a few that I have established goodwill (and they are mostly reputable dealer with shops).

Comment

thank you bros for your advices! really appreciate them!

I've seal the deal with the buyer and after listening to your inputs, I've made arrangements for a F2F instead of shipping.

I guess this is the best outcome I can come up with.

Thanks once again! cheers!

Comment

Congrats to you!
                        1 3 5
                        ├┼┼╕
                        2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by aeromau View Post
                          thank you bros for your advices! really appreciate them!

I've seal the deal with the buyer and after listening to your inputs, I've made arrangements for a F2F instead of shipping.

I guess this is the best outcome I can come up with.

Thanks once again! cheers!
                          Congrats on your sale ya
                          Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X