How long is a piece of string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long is a piece of string?

So as Triton and KuchingKu know, my deal to pickup the mint 203/A in Singapore fell through due to my minor health problem and my being tied up and it was definitely not the seller, he held up his end but is now back in HongKong.

So yesterday I got an email with this offering from a very respectible Panerisiti that I know.

So I have been offered a Panerai Marina Militaire 202/A Non-matching WITH a copy of the official paperwork from Panerai to the Italian Navy showing the serial number of this watch. It is one of the watches that was actually delivered to the Marina Militaire of the Italian Navy.

Watch comes with :

Original signed warranty libretto
    Mahagoni Box description
    Box with number LMMXX sticker outside the box
    original hang tag
    original brass screw driver
    brand new shark strap ( original pre V of course )
    extra screw and tube set
    Invoice copy from Panerai Firenze to the Italian Navy
    and the watch with original Pre V strap

The watch has a couple of scratches but nothing overboard and is 90% to 95%.

If you had the funds, how how much would you pay?
    25,000 USD
    36.36%
    30,000 USD
    9.09%
    40,000 USD
    0.00%
    50,000 USD
    18.18%
    60,000 USD
    0.00%
    70,000 USD
    0.00%
    80,000 USD
    18.18%
    90,000 USD
    9.09%
    100,000 USD
    0.00%
    Sky is the limit.......
    9.09%

I voted the max I would pay for a beauty like this
    Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

I voted for 90k USD..nearest to what is also available in the market..check out with Bruce of 24/7..he has a piece asking for 89k

Comment

Originally posted by zameenzahari View Post
        I voted for 90k USD..nearest to what is also available in the market..check out with Bruce of 24/7..he has a piece asking for 89k

It is true but Bruce's prices have always been on the high side, that 202/A he has is a more easily to find matching dial whereas this is non-matching and Bruce's is nicked and scratched up pretty good and does not even come with papers that it actually was delivered to the Marina Militaire.

But for 3000 USD LESS than what Bruce wants, you can buy the one I am being offered.

Comment

I'll go with Zameenzahari too.
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

A pic of the actual watch I am being offered

Comment

Really stunning! Difficult watch to source and subjective on the price one would pay such a historical watch. If can afford it, I'll go it As long as the seller is someone you trust; too many scams recently.

Comment

Originally posted by GadgetGuy View Post
                Really stunning! Difficult watch to source and subjective on the price one would pay such a historical watch. If can afford it, I'll go it As long as the seller is someone you trust; too many scams recently.
                agree +1

Comment

Originally posted by 5218-201/A View Post
                  It is true but Bruce's prices have always been on the high side, that 202/A he has is a more easily to find matching dial whereas this is non-matching and Bruce's is nicked and scratched up pretty good and does not even come with papers that it actually was delivered to the Marina Militaire.

But for 3000 USD LESS than what Bruce wants, you can buy the one I am being offered.
                  Unlike you my friend, fortune has yet to grace me with her presence to be able to spend USD 86k on a neo vintage . Even if it does, I'd rather have the one with the Angelus or a Minerva inside

Good luck with the purchase and wear it in good health! Do share the wristshots!

Comment

Unlike you my friend, fortune has yet to grace me with her presence to be able to spend USD 86k on a neo vintage . Even if it does, I'd rather have the one with the Angelus or a Minerva inside

Good luck with the purchase and wear it in good health! Do share the wristshots!

Whoa an Angelus or Minerva movement, now there, you are talking the big Vintage Panerai bucks, makes this possible purchase look like small change but then, How long is a piece of string....

Comment

wah all very the rich, and the watch is relli relli very very nice and good for collectors, especially with all the papers
                      Check out my Amateur Watch Blog @ http://parte-di-tempo.blogspot.sg/

tsetse the fly hard to make more $$$ so can buy more timepieces

Comment

Close the deal, not everyday a vintage will come with paper

Comment

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                          Close the deal, not everyday a vintage will come with paper
                          From what I have been able to find out so far, the Italian Naval unit Marina Militaire only took possession of 17 units of the 202/A and I will soon have one

Comment

From what I have been able to find out so far, the Italian Naval unit Marina Militaire only took possession of 17 units of the 202/A and I will soon have one
                            1 3 5
                            ├┼┼╕
                            2 4 6 R

Comment

wow 1 of the 17 !!!
                              The other 16 may not be around or near the condition that you are getting.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X