Advisory : DLC/PVD Panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow...6 months for a buckle to DLC????

That is one loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg waiting time...somemore not to the customer specs.....
    Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience, Ant. Yeah, getting DLC done on a PAM a bit of a leap of faith! Sorry that you had to go through some heartache but luckily it was a buckle, not your watch.

IWW & Avitt has been mentioned quite often in watch forums. Question is, would anyone dare send their watch all the way to the US? Risky, no?

Btw, I heard that Time Will Tell do offer this service. However, I've heard they have ceased this offering. Anyone care to comment?

Originally posted by Ant View Post
      I did sent my Panerai MX buckle to them for dlc, from their website you can see that it is like carbon black.
      And my buckle was like ping pong ball back and fro 2 times and re-sanded & re-coated for 3 times and waited for 6 months.
      And the final result was a disappointing titanium color MX buckle and they claimed it to be pencil lead color and asked me to rub it with oil to darken it and make a comment that they never have so much problem in dlc servicing before. my buckle was a special case and one of a kind.

As far i know, they send to their vendor to dlc so likely they do not have the control of the final color they wanted ( try your luck kinda of thing)

My advice if you want to dlc a watch case, send it to jack IWW (black dlc color) or avitt (pencil lead color), both of them in USA.
      Quality come with a price.
      Good luck.

Comment

Additional findings. Can anyone verify if there places offer DLC service?

1) E'Collezione at 333 Orchard Road, #01-14A, Mandarin Gallery
        2) PRO HUNTER
        3) Time and Gems

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by nick168fng View Post
          Thanks for sharing your experience, Ant. Yeah, getting DLC done on a PAM a bit of a leap of faith! Sorry that you had to go through some heartache but luckily it was a buckle, not your watch.

IWW & Avitt has been mentioned quite often in watch forums. Question is, would anyone dare send their watch all the way to the US? Risky, no?

Btw, I heard that Time Will Tell do offer this service. However, I've heard they have ceased this offering. Anyone care to comment?
          Haha not headache at all, I actually lose interest on their dlc service after the first redo.

Actually I dlc the buckle with the intention to dlc a watch.
          It is always wise to test out the water before taking a leap.

You can send just the watch case without movement to USA, or called Max (fedmax) to hand carry for you.

My advice is dun dlc your watch unless you are confident about the dlc service they provide and be mentally prepared if the watch does not turns out as what you expected.

Comment

Thanks for the sound advise, Ant! Btw, I have seen DLC'd PAM 000, 0005 in pictures but the case back remains SS.

Anyone knows why it is not coated?

Comment

I believe it it to make sure that all the important information such as mellisimation, casenumber etc remains legible. DLCed/PVDed Luminor PAMs like the 195/360 etc have ss/non-pvd caseback

Originally posted by nick168fng View Post
              Thanks for the sound advise, Ant! Btw, I have seen DLC'd PAM 000, 0005 in pictures but the case back remains SS.

Anyone knows why it is not coated?

Comment

Cheers, Z

Comment

Have used them too (2Geeks) and similar results as Ants. I'm comfortable with the dark grey shade versus flat black. Can't complain on the price. Have had 2 custom pieces done with them.

That said, Avitt is the best by far. Great customer service and the quality of the work is phenomenal.
                  Current COLLECTION
                  Anonimo Dino Zei Nautilo Bronze | Longines Master Collection MoonPhase | IWC Aquatimer Chrono Cousteau Diver 2006 | Longines Classic Dress | MontBlanc Sports | Omega Speedmaster Pro 3572.50 | Omega Seamaster (Vintage) | Omega Seamaster PO c.9300| Omega Seamaster PO c.2500 |

Comment

Anyone have the website or link I cannot seem to find any thx

Comment

DLC/PVD coating in singapore

Where can i send my panerai for DLC/PVD coating

Any recommendation

Comment

Check this out : https://www.facebook.com/DLCWatch

Comment

Think careful before u pod or dlc your watch, I did it to my zenith chronomaster and regret .

Comment

Originally posted by behyx View Post
                            I dun think this is a local company..read in WUS it's in USA which means hafta send watch over..but I have not contacted them before so I may have the wrong company..

Comment

I don't know if there are any in Singapore but I read good reviews of this place in US, if it helps: http://internationalwatchworks.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SmOcKxY View Post
                                I dun think this is a local company..read in WUS it's in USA which means hafta send watch over..but I have not contacted them before so I may have the wrong company..
                                Nick Stefanov of DLC Watch is based in Sofia, Bulgaria
                                info@dlcfinish.com
                                His DLC work is amazing you can check out in his Facebook page :
                                www.facebook.com/DLCWatch
                                I have sent some buckle to dlc, will post some pictures once i get them back end of the month.

In Singapore, there is one, but i won't recommend had a bad experience :
                                http://www.2geek.net/eMart/service.php

If you really thinking to dlc a watch, advise you to go to a reputable one ( too bad in Singapore there is none)
                                Either IWW http://internationalwatchworks.com/ of Jack or Nick of DLC watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X