Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'L' Dial with indexes turning brownish????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'L' Dial with indexes turning brownish????

Hola Folks!

Is it possible that a L dial could age over time with the indexes given that patina look?

Or is this a "re-touch" of paint? Comments?

Should not. Thousands of L dials but not heard of any turning colour, though there are L dials made in aged colour.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
      Should not. Thousands of L dials but not heard of any turning colour, though there are L dials made in aged colour.
      Hmmm.... so if this is a B series, there is a remote possibility that it's originally made in that aged colour?

Comment

I have owned B, C series of L dials....no such signs. Only the latest L dials on 360, 359 etc had this aged colour on the L Swiss made L dials.

Can't comment if it's been re-touched but look closely can see an underneath different colour. Looks added on.

Comment

Agree with KuchingKu. Does look like the markers have been relumed with another lume color that is different from the original.
          What's in the box:
          • Patek Philippe 5726A
          • IWC Portu Chrono 3714-14
          • Panerai 187 Subzilla
          • Garmin Fenix 3

Comment

Yup, upon closer scrutiny, especially on the sub-seconds dial, it does look like brownish lume had been painted over the original one. Quite a tasteful modification i must say, just too bad it wasnt well executed.

Comment

are you referring to this watch that was sold on Ebay today? seller is from HK? i also find it very strange that the L dial and hands can have such an even patina. even my several T dial watches do not exhibit such patina.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
              Working...
              X