Panerai Real or fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panerai Real or fake?

any bros here can tell if this Panerai is real or fake?

I would hazard a guess and say that it is a replica simply because the 6 is touching the 'Swiss made' and there seems to be a scratch on the glass. Then again, it looks pretty much like a Pam 90 and I think can easily pass off as real.

Comment

fake lah, why would anyone post a genuine watch here and ask if its real or fake? duh.
      Currently Wearing
      Rolex 216570

Comment

Originally posted by theoldjaffa View Post
        fake lah, why would anyone post a genuine watch here and ask if its real or fake? duh.
        Haha, true, true! The '6' is sitting way too close to 'swiss made' too!
        Sweet 16:
        PP Aquanaut
        VC Overseas
        AP ROO Black Themes
        A.Lange & Sohne 1815
        Breguet Type XXI
        Blancpain 50 Fathoms
        JLC Navy Seals
        GO Senator 60s
        GP Laureato
        Zenith Pilot Extra Special
        Rolex DSSD
        IWC Big Pilot
        Pam 112
        Omega Ploprof
        Breitling Super Avenger
        Glycine F104

Comment

This watch just doesn't look right!
          His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

For Pam 90, the 6 does sit very close to the Swiss made word but not this close. Biggest issue is the words Power Reserve is too long and big.

Comment

Looks fake to me
              My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
              IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
              IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
              IWC 500401 Big Pilot
              PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
              PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
              PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
              Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                For Pam 90, the 6 does sit very close to the Swiss made word but not this close. Biggest issue is the words Power Reserve is too long and big.
                yup, the number 40 is too close to the last indicator. font also abit fat

the power reserve hands looks black. actual one is silver right?

but from far, its hard to tell the difference.
                Currently Wearing
                Rolex 216570

Comment

Fake for a few reasons that i could think of:

1) Fonts are all off (numerals, alphabets)

2) seconds subdial is not clearly distinguished ..i.e the circular border between the dial and seconds subdial

3) 6 and L Swiss Made L is too close

4) the "Swiss Made" is way too close with each other

5) Tip of crown guard lever is too thick and too close to the case...come to think of it the whole CG looks not right

6) way too much distortion on the "crystal"..its not a model with plexi you know...

7) Could be a trick of light or something but the Superluminova on the hands/ or the hands itself are not straight at all

8) PR is too big compared to genuine..it throws the entire dial off balance

Its a fake..and quite a bad one I'd say...

Comment

Morning all, I went to Richemont this morning to get a Panerai verified and was told that they do not provide authenticity/verification services anymore (since Nov'10). The only way I can get the PAM verified is if I send the watch in for a complete servicing (was quoted ~S$1k) and then they will tell me if the PAM is genuine or not during the servicing process.

Are there any reputable watchshops in Singapore who can verify Panerai watches, besides Richemont? It is really quite painful to pay S$1k to verify the watch only to realise it is not genuine.

Comment

TS, if the watch belongs to you, I hope you didn't spend a few grands on it

Comment

Originally posted by mavericky View Post
                        Morning all, I went to Richemont this morning to get a Panerai verified and was told that they do not provide authenticity/verification services anymore (since Nov'10). The only way I can get the PAM verified is if I send the watch in for a complete servicing (was quoted ~S$1k) and then they will tell me if the PAM is genuine or not during the servicing process.

Are there any reputable watchshops in Singapore who can verify Panerai watches, besides Richemont? It is really quite painful to pay S$1k to verify the watch only to realise it is not genuine.
                        Richemont wouldn't service counterfeit watches. They will return you the watch back immediately upon realizing the watch is fake. So dont worry

Comment

Since there is a thread on this.
                          Could you help see if this real or fake? Someone from *** sold me this without cert and box for a really nice price. I haven't sent it in for any verification yet.

Comment

It's kinda really hard to tell...

Comment

Do be careful when getting Pams without cert and boxes. More and more high quality fakes, some costing close to $1k and look and feel very close to the real thing

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X