Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

verifying SG-ROC Panerais before dealing - how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verifying SG-ROC Panerais before dealing - how to?

Hi all

What is the best way to verify the Panerai watches listed at the sales thread before agreeing on a deal? Is it meeting the buyer at an AD in Singapore, have it quickly verified and then make the deal?

If yes, i will be grateful if can suggest where and approximately how much.

Thanks!

AD n richmont dont do verification . I did my verification at JW
    Current:
    Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
    Panerai 312N
    Panerai 233O
    Sevenfriday P1-2
    Sevenfriday M2-2
    Seiko SBBN015

Past:
    Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
    Panerai 005N
    Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

thanks bro for feedback.
      Meaning if I plan to buy from a seller here, I can suggest to meet at JW, have it verified there before doing the transaction with seller?

Comment

Originally posted by pexus View Post
        thanks bro for feedback.
        Meaning if I plan to buy from a seller here, I can suggest to meet at JW, have it verified there before doing the transaction with seller?
        Yes, but in such cases, verification cost is borne by the potential buyer.
        My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
        IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
        IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
        IWC 500401 Big Pilot
        PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
        PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
        PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
        Sinn UBlack

Comment

Be warned, JW is super crowded and they are moving to a new place soon. I think they are closed for a week or so.

Comment

First of all, who you buy from is more important

Second, the panerai must have all the complete papers, movement stickers, cosc, warranty card. the movement sticker has the mvmt number on the cosc, and the op and pb number on watch case should tally with the mvmt sticker as well. warranty card can anyhow write. but watch case, cosc, mvmt stickers should all tally.
            I own a Rolex !

Comment

actually for me is always buying the seller.. but Panerai should be easier to check like what Bro Paneraii said
              make sure all relevant cards and stickers are available and tally against case and movement number.. Usually you wont go wrong...

Comment

thanks bro for feedback.
                yes u as a buyer of cos u have e right wanna ask for verification b4 dealing,but of cos u will be paying for e verification cost.

Btw try to go to Jw after 3 as usually lunch time there r crowded,nt sure hw r things there after they shifted
                Current:
                Rolex GMT2C TT 116713AN
                Panerai 312N
                Panerai 233O
                Sevenfriday P1-2
                Sevenfriday M2-2
                Seiko SBBN015

Past:
                Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller 116660G
                Panerai 005N
                Steinhart aviation chrono

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                  yeah, buying seller is most important...i noticed some sellers here have very good reputation..and their goods shouldn't not need any verification...
                  And thanks for the tip on card and stickers tallying with the hardware!

I was just looking for alternatives in case a potentially good deal comes up and I need that extra bit of security! Now, i know where to go (and even what time to go!) Thanks you all!

P/S Looking for my first Pam so a bit of a noob here..

Comment

Take a photo of the seller's IC on your phone.... just in case
                    ROLEX.

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                      yeah, buying seller is most important...i noticed some sellers here have very good reputation..and their goods shouldn't not need any verification...
                      And thanks for the tip on card and stickers tallying with the hardware!

I was just looking for alternatives in case a potentially good deal comes up and I need that extra bit of security! Now, i know where to go (and even what time to go!) Thanks you all!

P/S Looking for my first Pam so a bit of a noob here..
                      Part of the fun in this hobby is in the hunt! Good luck!
                      My madness so far :

Bell & Ross BR03-94 Phantom
                      IWC 320104 Antoine de St Exupery Power Reserve - For Sale
                      IWC 371701 Pilot's Chronograph
                      IWC 500401 Big Pilot
                      PAM26K Luminor Marina Left-handed Special Edition
                      PAM233K Luminor 1950 8 Days GMT
                      PAM190H Radiomir 8 Days
                      Sinn UBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
                        Take a photo of the seller's IC on your phone.... just in case
                        lol....i wonder if any seller will allow u to do that....interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by tribal762000 View Post
                          lol....i wonder if any seller will allow u to do that....interesting.....
                          Done it before..... just in case stolen or other you can send the police to their house. LOL
                          ROLEX.

Comment

Interesting about the ic thing. I've had a buyer who wanted to take a photo of it. I refused. In this day of identity thefts and all, best to be more careful. I understood the buyers apprehension, but I've got to protect myself as well. There are many what if's in buying a watch on the forums, hence the adage, buy the seller.
                            I would do my best to alleviate the buyers fears, short of giving my ic details. If the buyer is not trusting, then there's nothing more I can do. There will be other buyers.
                            Last edited by strassersg; 22-06-12, 08:28 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling

Comment

come to think of it, what if the buyer bought the watch, bring it to some shady shops to swap the original genuine parts with fake parts (eg fake bracelet, dial, movement, etc), then use the IC photo he has taken to report to police and claim that he was cheated - how would the police handle such a case? what can be done to protect sellers in this case?

Originally posted by strassersg View Post
                              Interesting about the ic thing. I've had a buyer who wanted to take a photo of it. I refused. In this day of identity thefts and all, best to be more careful. I understood the buyers apprehension, but I've got to protect myself as well. There are many what if's in buying a watch on the forums, hence the adage, buy the seller.
                              I would do my best to alleviate the buyers fears, short of giving my ic details. If the buyer is not trusting, then there's nothing more I can do. There will be other buyers.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X