Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

verifying SG-ROC Panerais before dealing - how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually ... nothing. The police is unlikely to jump at it that it is anything criminal and advise the parties involved to seek their own legal actions. As much as the buyer can do such a thing, the seller can also counter-claim that the buyer did so for whatever reason there is.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Dfive View Post
      Take a photo of the seller's IC on your phone.... just in case
      What Dfive says is actually a very good idea. So don't laugh! But seller may snigger at your "super-cautious noob" approach. So beware
      "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed."

Comment

Originally posted by dark.magnet View Post
        What Dfive says is actually a very good idea. So don't laugh! But seller may snigger at your "super-cautious noob" approach. So beware
        Cheers bro, its just handy to keep this on hand for a few months.... you never know WHO ( the law ) will knock on your door asking "did you buy a certain watch, well it's stolen goods".

You could loose the watch as evidence and you loose your cash... in some places buying stolen goods IS an offence regardless of the fact you were actually innocent... you get a criminal record..... triple whammy insult !! No Watch, No Cash, and a record !!

Yes this sort of thing can and does happen..... not just on watches but anything of high value.

Sadly it's a basic scam that many fall to around the world..... it's not being "paranoid" but not everyone these days can be trusted.

Seek watch verification, aim for copies of original receipts, ensure warranty cards / papers are valid and real.... if in doubt ask for I.D. - further to this walk away.... deals will always come again
        ROLEX.

Comment

Bro Dfive, well said! But i still wouldn't provide my IC to buyer. I would rather call off the deal and proceed to the next. I think it's too risky le. Buyers need to protect themselves and sellers too. And i think out of 10 seller, 9 would reject it.

Comment

Providing IC is not the right way to go.. given it is PII (Personally Indentifiable Information). Nowadays, IC can do alot of things.. borrow library books.. borrow $$ from loan sharks.. I'd reject it too and we have to right to reject.
            As I mentioned in the other thread, I still find that the best way to authenticate is to bring to Richemont, tell them time not very accurate and you want to regulate (since it is under warranty) :-)

Comment

Dfive bro suggestion is to just take a picture of the seller's IC.

Can use just a picture of IC to borrow library books meh? last week I went to library, still must use actual IC lei...

PII is overated... All those lucky draw participation forms... IC number, address, birthday etc.... all there!

Comment

Originally posted by strassersg View Post
                Interesting about the ic thing. I've had a buyer who wanted to take a photo of it. I refused. In this day of identity thefts and all, best to be more careful. I understood the buyers apprehension, but I've got to protect myself as well. There are many what if's in buying a watch on the forums, hence the adage, buy the seller.
                I would do my best to alleviate the buyers fears, short of giving my ic details. If the buyer is not trusting, then there's nothing more I can do. There will be other buyers.
                It wasn't me.
                ROLEX.

Comment

Originally posted by BAR_Honda View Post
                  Dfive bro suggestion is to just take a picture of the seller's IC.

Can use just a picture of IC to borrow library books meh? last week I went to library, still must use actual IC lei...

PII is overated... All those lucky draw participation forms... IC number, address, birthday etc.... all there!
                  Cheers bro, yup it's an idea / suggestion only.
                  ROLEX.

Comment

was told ion panerai offers this service free?
                    u can bring an overseas AD there to check?
                    Haves
                    Pam 25
                    Pam 328
                    Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch - Apollo 11 "40th anniversary" limited edition
                    Sinn Regulateur 6100
                    Rolex Explorer II ref 216570
                    IWC Top Gun pilot 44mm ref W378901
                    Rolex Daytona 116520
                    Rolex Tudor Mini-Sub ref 73090
                    Cartier Santos 100 Stainless Steel Large W20073X8
                    JLC Reverso 976
                    Tudor Heritage Black Bay Bronze
                    IWC Portugese 7 day blue dial

Wants
                    AP ROO Panda
                    ALS Lange 1 (+/-moon phase)
                    PP Nautilus Annual Calendar

Comment

Originally posted by ichiban View Post
                      was told ion panerai offers this service free?
                      u can bring an overseas AD there to check?
                      Anyone can verify this ?

Seems JW is only option... ?
                      ROLEX.

Comment

why not simply just send it in to the service centre and ask them to chk whether it's due for servicing...? If it's due than let them service it, one stone 2 birdies!

Like i said, price may be double of those independent watch makers...but seriously with the reps getting so close to gens by the day, i would not take chances.

Comment

Sorry, I am a newbie here.
                          May I know where is JW? I would like to get my panerai authenticated.
                          Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by fattybombom View Post
                            Sorry, I am a newbie here.
                            May I know where is JW? I would like to get my panerai authenticated.
                            Thanks in advance
                            http://jwwatch.com/

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                              Hello leeye, thanks again.
                              Btw, it doesn't matter even if JW is not authorized dealer right?
                              Apologies for so many questions

Comment

Originally posted by fattybombom View Post
                                Hello leeye, thanks again.
                                Btw, it doesn't matter even if JW is not authorized dealer right?
                                Apologies for so many questions
                                yes JW is not authorized dealer. they are more of a service center for all types of watches.

verification involves checking the watch data (BB case number, serial number, movement number) against the original paperwork that came with the watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X