Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why haven't Panerai change the straps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why haven't Panerai change the straps...

that almost nobody wants to use?

The fact that a PAM with unworn original strap(s) can fetch better price in the preowned market is not the reason why PAM owners choose not to use them (although to a small extent it is), but a consequence of the desire of PAM owners to show off their PAM with shoes that really match its style, which are so readily available from many 3rd party strap makers.

So why haven't Panerai realize that and replace the leather strap with a thicker and rugged one that I am sure will push up their already fantastic sales figures? Or replace the rubber strap (that is practically useless except the Submersibles since the other models aren't really meant for diving) with a second leather strap of a different colour/tone.

If Panerai are offering those nice & thick straps as separate accessories to increase sales, then I understand why they put the unpopular straps in the kit, but that is not the case.

Maybe I should send this feedback to Richemont?
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

I tend to argue otherwise that since their sales has always been good, there is no need to make any undue changes. Why do they need to do that when what they are giving all this while has already been successful?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

It's something that is akin to the automobile industry, isn't it. A car is sold at stock and only when sales aren't robust that freebies such as spoilers, skirtings, audio system, etc are thrown in as a package. If a car has been saleable at all time, the company will not need to come out with such gimmicks, right.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        I tend to argue otherwise that since their sales has always been good, there is no need to make any undue changes. Why do they need to do that when what they are giving all this while has already been successful?
        Fair enough comments...remind me of Apple

No brand will stay on top forever. Things like this could become the "what we could have done" or "complacency" when looked back later. Why not upgrade some of their proven models with nicer straps + some other goodies, instead of keep churning out new models that don't look very different or better?

Just my very personal view.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          It's something that is akin to the automobile industry, isn't it. A car is sold at stock and only when sales aren't robust that freebies such as spoilers, skirtings, audio system, etc are thrown in as a package. If a car has been saleable at all time, the company will not need to come out with such gimmicks, right.
          I wouldn't say it's gimmicks. I am sure we all agree that the PAM strap is a major part of the whole identity. It is to me a case of a very obvious consumer behaviour that the manufacturer fails to address. Or you could be right that they are aware but choose not to address (yet)?

Comment

"Why not upgrade some of their proven models with nicer straps + some other goodies, instead of keep churning out new models that don't look very different or better?"

That is, unfortunately your personal perception and mine as well, but it has been thus far, proven useless. Look at how many people are consistently and 'furiously' still spending thousands of dollars to buy these watches . And do you remember not too long ago and far away, that the Police was even dragged in to investigate a staff who ran away with customers' money on some 'underground' transactions of sort

See how popular this watch is
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

And I'm sure you'll agree with me that it's not just Panerai. Do you think ROLEX will listen to its thousands of customers' feedback? Or do they really need to??
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Let's stick to PAM Hope to hear the view of other members too.

Comment

part of the fun of owning a Panerai watch is changing straps to suit each owner and occassion.

Comment

Originally posted by leeye View Post
                    part of the fun of owning a Panerai watch is changing straps to suit each owner and occassion.
                    I think that statement is indisputable. The point here is the original straps that come with the watch are often not used at all.

Comment

i know of friends who wear their PAMs with the original strap.

also the new models are coming with different style straps (eg. 372) which is very nice.

Comment

Actually, I like the original strap and would like to wear them.

The reason why I never wear them now is because they cost too much to replace. However, I might wear them one day if I have decided not to flip the watch. :P

Comment

no matter how panerai change strap or packaging or give out more things, will never satisfy every one. so why need to incur more money, time, effort to do it? if until they lose business or customers, if i work in panerai, i won't see any need to change unless the change can guarantee me make more money for company lor

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X