Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 390 or 372 - which to buy?

Hi folks!

I'm new and considering getting either a 390 or 372… actually quite torn between these 2 watches. I love the 372 sandwich dial & glass back and its close adherence to the 1950 luminor specification (47mm size & plexi glass). However, i'm apprehensive of a flood of production as this is not a SE model unlike the 390.

Like to poll bros here for their advice/viewpoint.

Many thanks!

390. Cause i know years down the road I can prob get the 372 relatively easier than a limited 2k pcs of 390.

Comment

372 if it is your first Pam. IMO, its one of the best thing from Panerai. Fact is, it comes with Panerai movement. 47mm. and very close to vintage Panerai which is pretty much the success story of Panerai (1938 until the 1950's)

390 I can understand it is a special edition. However, it doesn't matter if the watch doesn't sing to you. There's Pam002, Pam112, & Pam000 which can be very close looking to the 390. If a normal person doesn't look close enough, it is just normal. He/She won't know you have a SE box back at home.

Will you buy a watch that you really like? or a watch that your peers like?

Furthermore, Pam390 vs Pam372 are both price quite differently.
      I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
        372 if it is your first Pam. IMO, its one of the best thing from Panerai. Fact is, it comes with Panerai movement. 47mm. and very close to vintage Panerai which is pretty much the success story of Panerai (1938 until the 1950's)

390 I can understand it is a special edition. However, it doesn't matter if the watch doesn't sing to you. There's Pam002, Pam112, & Pam000 which can be very close looking to the 390. If a normal person doesn't look close enough, it is just normal. He/She won't know you have a SE box back at home.

Will you buy a watch that you really like? or a watch that your peers like?

Furthermore, Pam390 vs Pam372 are both price quite differently.
        agreed!! choose the watch you really like it....personally I recommend 372....it's is one of the BEST model from Panerai...shared with you my 372
        My collection:
        AP Novelty Rose Gold , AP ROO Rubber Clad Rose Gold
        PAM424 California dial 47mm
        Rolex 6694 , Rolex DSSD

Comment

WOW simply a classic beauty! I'm loving the 372 more... thanks guys for the frank comments. I can't help but agree that i should buy a watch i really like or else i'll end up selling it off even though its a SE.

Prices of 372 are dropping.. seems like a good time to start.

Comment

here is a side by side pic. go for the 372 since prices are very very attractive now.

Comment

to throw in more options, why not the fiddy if you have more budget?
              agree with most here that it shd be the WATCH that you feel most comfortable.
              Have fun choosing.

Comment

How about the 346 titanium radiomir 8 days power reserve? Kindof different from the basic but still has tobacco dial, gold hands & glass back with reserve indicator in back... kindof cool.

Comment

i have to make the same decision sometime back. i choose the 390 as my small wrist cant pull off the 47mm that well.

Comment

the Titanium Radiomir PAM 346 is costing around SG$18k

you getting the PAM poison liao. hahahaha.......................

Comment

Jialat! I can get one for $11.8k. But cannot see the 3 & 9 digits sian leh.
                      The 372 looks oh so simple & rugged - perfect vintage.

Comment

A gentle reminder - leave some spare change for straps also. kekekeke.......................

Comment

Think my 7" wrist can hold the 47mm 372?

Comment

Originally posted by divespyder View Post
                            Think my 7" wrist can hold the 47mm 372?
                            I think it will be perfect.

Comment

Agreed! With pam, it is never too big. Heh...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X