Advise needed on PAM 000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advise needed on PAM 000

Just bought a PAM 000 recently. I have read from some forum that it is requires to wind 50-60 times to kick start the watch. Does this mean that 50-60 times winding is sufficient for the watch to run 56 hours reserve?

I winded 40-50 times (not sure if full cycle wind per time), but it just last somewhere 24 hours (quite disappointed).

I believe I did not wind the watch to full extend because I still can go further if I want, just that I do not want to overwind and damage anything. I have Rolex 6694, once it reaches it max, it will not go further. I am not sure for PAM 000, anyone can comment/advise? TIA

I believe you can still wind it up to the max just like the ROLEX 6694? You just have to be more gentle while winding nearer to the max. Once you feel the resistance, stop winding. But it is a little worrying that 50-60 winds only gave you 24 hours of power reserve
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      I believe you can still wind it up to the max just like the ROLEX 6694? You just have to be more gentle while winding nearer to the max. Once you feel the resistance, stop winding. But it is a little worrying that 50-60 winds only gave you 24 hours of power reserve
      Mod, thanks for comment. As PAM crown is bigger than rolex, thus I am not sure if the wind I made is a complete 360 degree per wind. Well, I may try wind further and see how.

Comment

You will feel the resistance upon full winding. You can try it now?

Comment

Originally posted by Zhi_Peng View Post
          You will feel the resistance upon full winding. You can try it now?
          Yes, I finally feel the stop resistance after around 120 winds :-p
          Guess the crown is big, thus every normal wind action only covers around 180 degree.
          Thanks bro!

Comment

Just wind until cannot wind anymore. It will not break that easily unless you wind hard.

There are cases of main spring broke, but if you take it slow, no problem.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

If felt resistance - go easy.
              I own a Rolex !

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                Originally posted by Watcha View Post
                Just wind until cannot wind anymore. It will not break that easily unless you wind hard.

Thanks for advise. Will monitor how many hours of reserve it can go after the full wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Paneraii View Post
                  doesn't that apply to everything in life? kekekekekeke...................

Comment

Originally posted by Watcha View Post

wondering how much to pay for if main spring broke?

Comment

Full wind will last you more than 2 days, around 50 over hours. Don't be afraid to fully wind the watch.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X