No announcement yet.

Pam 312, 320 or 351?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GMT hand of 320 cannot be completely hidden under the hour hand, because the GMT hand is longer. The tip of the GMT hand is also more pointed than that of the hour and minute hand. Hence when you "hide" the GMT hand, you have a hour hand that is almost as long as the minute hand and has a different shape at the end of the hand.

Obviously, Panerai did not design 320 (or 321) with a hidden GMT hand in mind, otherwise they would make the GMT hand and the hour hand the exact same size, like in the case of the JLC Master Home Time.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

seems that lots of people vote for 320.
      but when it comes to value, i vote for 312. Cheaper and easier to sell

i was trying to sell my PAM 320 last time, it's so difficult... but selling 312 is very easy!

depends bro! are you going to use the watch for a long time

Comment

I thought too that 320 is difficult to resell, but then here like many people like 320. Strange hor...

Comment

not sure about resale price, but the reason for 320 popularity could be for just sg2k more, it offers the following complications which 312 doesnt have
          - dual time
          - power reserve indicator
          - quick seconds reset

moreover, with these added features, the 320 dial still looks uncluttered and clean, unlike the 321 which looks a tad too busy

if budget is a concern though, save on the complications and go for the base 312
          cant go wrong with 1950 case and inhouse movement

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          I thought too that 320 is difficult to resell, but then here like many people like 320. Strange hor...
          Last edited by skydweller_sg; 01-02-13, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I guess what people say they like is not always what they will buy themselves.

There are many watches I like that I will sing for, but don't see myself ever buying one for a few different reasons.

Which is why I alway think if you want to seek opinion, how you phrase the question is very important.

"What should I buy", "What would you buy", "Which one do you think is nice" would probably end up with quite different answers.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              I guess what people say they like is not always what they will buy themselves.

There are many watches I like that I will sing for, but don't see myself ever buying one for a few different reasons.

Which is why I alway think if you want to seek opinion, how you phrase the question is very important.

"What should I buy", "What would you buy", "Which one do you think is nice" would probably end up with quite different answers.
              Agreed..i think it's almost pointless to ask others "what should I buy"..no one can really know what you really need and what your emotions are when you wear a certain watch..much more so for people whom you've never met on the forum!

If I am choosing between watches..I would ask "what would you buy" instead and ask for their opinions and why..but at the end of the day..i will still buy what feels right on my wrist and on my wallet..no one else gonna be wearing it and certainly no one is paying it for me! Heh heh!

Comment

I think Pams are best left simple. I am swaying more towards a 312 now. I am stopping at 2 Pams. Thanks everyone. For the extra 2 k, I am not willing to buy something that I dun need (GMT).
                My madness so far:

Omega 2254.50

Pam 112 'N' Series
                Pam 305 'O'Series
                Rolex 6694
                Rolex GMT 2 9 Million Series aka "FAT LADY"
                Rolex Exp I 'Z' Series 114270
                Rolex Exp II 'F' Series 16570
                Rolex Sub 'V' Series 16610

Rolex Sub ND 'AN' Series 14060M
                Rolex Milgauss GV 'M' Series
                Rolex Milgauss White 'M' Series

Sinn U1 SDR
                Seiko Darth Tuna SBDX011
                Ball Deepquest
                JLC Navy Seal diver 42mm

Comment

That's true as Pams are beautiful when the dial is clean but sometimes, people when they stay overseas then GMT when be useful. Besides, power reserve function do help people who has many watches but lazy to wind or wear often, hence, it's may be good for a small group too!

Comment

This is exactly the dilemma I faced a week ago when I was deciding between 312,320 and 351 for my first pam. In the end it was between 312 and 351 as I really dun need gmt (even though it only costs a bit more). I am finally a proud owner of a 351 two days ago. Have chosen 351 over 312 due to the tobacco dial and gold hands. May still go for 312 as my next pam later. The point is, you will never go wrong with the three watches. Good luck!

Comment

one issue with Ti 351 is the lightness of the titanium case
                      the SS 312 is about 160g (on leather), while the titanium 351 is about 35% lighter (on leather as well)
                      for comparison purpose, a 40mm rolex SS gmt 2c weights 145g (on bracelet)

that makes the 44mm Ti 351 significantly lighter than even the smaller 40mm SS gmt 2c
                      imho, doesnt feel quite right for a larger watch to wear lighter than a smaller watch

also, titanium has a darker tone than SS
                      some says it looks dull
                      Last edited by skydweller_sg; 02-02-13, 06:09 PM.

Comment

i changed from 111 to 351 about one month ago.. and i agree that the tobacco dial and gold hands really jus blew me away..

and i am loving the brushed look of the titanium..

i like the subtle differences from the mainstream PAMs..

Comment

320!!!

Comment

In the end, I bought a 305 instead and none of the 3 that were shortlisted earlier. I just realised that the posting of pics in sg -roc is different now, I am having a bit of technical difficulties. Hence, I apologise for the lack of photos. I will try to sign up with Image shack and Photobucket to try and upload a wrist shot tomorrow.
                            My madness so far:

Omega 2254.50

Pam 112 'N' Series
                            Pam 305 'O'Series
                            Rolex 6694

Sinn U1 SDR
                            Seiko Darth Tuna SBDX011
                            Ball Deepquest
                            JLC Navy Seal diver 42mm

Comment

Congrats of your purchase!

Like all the guys said here, the ultimate decision is up to you. Each of us has our own preference is what is the "perfect" Pam for us. To me, I love the 351 so I got it. I heard my friends' comments but never swayed in my decision because the 351 is "the one" for me!

Anyways, wear it in good health and Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Comment

Below is the wrist shot. Thanks everyone. Gong Xi Fa Cai.

My madness so far:

Omega 2254.50

Pam 112 'N' Series
                                Pam 305 'O'Series
                                Rolex 6694