Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mirage
    replied
    Sorry for being noob here. But is there a standard TPD for all Rolex? Does TPD for a Sub differs from that of a Oyster Perpetual 31mm?

Leave a comment:

• hws
    replied
    Great info and tip here.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalOak
    replied
    Eric says "Absolutely Not". In case the Youtube embed doesn't work, here is the url:
    "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3vsJWgOY6Y"

Leave a comment:

• Watchheights
    replied
    Everyone needs one as they are a must have that's for sure.

Leave a comment:

• beme
    replied
    Priceless tips

Leave a comment:

• patrickl33
    replied
    exactly...

dilemma dilemma

Originally posted by triton View Post
    there are those who say that a watch should be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, the alternative is put on a winder. however, putting it on a winder means the watch parts are in constant motion which may result in wear and tear.

then there are those who say that a watch need to be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, let it rest. however, if the watch parts are not moving, then there is less wear and tear which is good. can prolong servicing. however, it may lead to the oil clogging up in some areas meaning that the lubrication is not evenly spread out, then it may cause wear and tear faster @ places where there is lack of lubrication.

so how does one decide. it depends which one you are more comfortable with.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    there are those who say that a watch should be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, the alternative is put on a winder. however, putting it on a winder means the watch parts are in constant motion which may result in wear and tear.

then there are those who say that a watch need to be in constant motion. so if one is not wearing a watch, let it rest. however, if the watch parts are not moving, then there is less wear and tear which is good. can prolong servicing. however, it may lead to the oil clogging up in some areas meaning that the lubrication is not evenly spread out, then it may cause wear and tear faster @ places where there is lack of lubrication.

so how does one decide. it depends which one you are more comfortable with.

Originally posted by patrickl33 View Post
    im wondering a watch require servicing depends how many u wear it

if u put a watch in a winder, it's like making full use of it even though u not wearing it..

but my friend told me, watch are not support to stop, it should be keep moving

confusing.. so should i put in a winder or not?

Leave a comment:

• patrickl33
    replied
    im wondering a watch require servicing depends how many u wear it

if u put a watch in a winder, it's like making full use of it even though u not wearing it..

but my friend told me, watch are not support to stop, it should be keep moving

confusing.. so should i put in a winder or not?

Leave a comment:

• FAOF
    replied
    any senior can help me in my above queries? Very much appreciate

Leave a comment:

• FAOF
    replied
    Hi triton, thanks for the reply. may i ask another 2 noob questions. As i'm getting my 1st automatic watch rolex 16610.

If my automatic watch stopped, what are the procedure when using a watch winder. I need a clear picture
    Is it like this

Maual self winding
    1)turn the crown anti clockwise till it pop out
    2)manual turn the crown clockwise, but for how many turn? just turn 650 time? (if 16610 required 650TPH)
    3)Set date & time
    4)Push back the crown all the way and turn clockwise to secure.

Using a watch winder

1) put the stopped watch into the winder
    2) set the TPH --> must really need to wait till 24hr then the watch resume running
    3) If will to wait till 24 hr to meet the 650TPH, after remove the watch from the winder machine, may i know whats the next step?

Do i need to do like an example a Maual self winding but maybe afew turn to make the watch start moving?
    or once the watch winder fulfill the 650 turn, the 16610 will automatic start moving?

please add on if i miss out anything.

Lastly thanks for the patience and guidance

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    if a watch requires 800 TPD then it would not damage the watch. however if a watch only needs 650 TPD and it is out on a 800 TPD mode. then the slipping clutch of the automatic watch may be damaged in the long run

Originally posted by iclebo2014 View Post
    Would the winder damage the watches in any way?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    800 TPD means in a day it does 800 turns. 1 cycle could mean x turns in y mins.

Originally posted by FAOF View Post
    Hi, firstly apologize if i offend anyone in my later question.

May i know if i use the watch winder, and i set to 800 turn per day, will it really take 24 hour to rotate 800 turn or i set at 800 cycle and eventually will end at properly eg:30min?

Please school me.

Leave a comment:

• iclebo2014
    replied
    Would the winder damage the watches in any way?

Leave a comment:

• FAOF
    replied
    Hi, firstly apologize if i offend anyone in my later question.

May i know if i use the watch winder, and i set to 800 turn per day, will it really take 24 hour to rotate 800 turn or i set at 800 cycle and eventually will end at properly eg:30min?

Please school me.

Leave a comment:

• Legoman
    replied
    maybe the birkinstock winder pillows are as comfy as the sandals

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X