Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Advice : Repair Watch Winder?

Hi Seniors,

I have a 5yrs old Eilux classic winder that has been showing signs of wear n tear. Right now it can only rotate in clockwise direction although it has been set for bi direction. It is expensive to send in for repair or should i consider a new purchase? Thanks

Tham

you may like to approach nick ten10 for assistance. he is the person you should look for.

however, you may like to calculate your winder depreciation value. if you had bought it about 200-300. each year of using is 60. that over 1 year would mean less than $1 a day. i think it is value for money.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

sounds like either your controller or switch has given up. i have suspicions that it is the switch that is stuck in the uni direction, despite you having physically moved it over to bi direction.

i remember a chinese table saw, the switch was suppose to have a cycle of 30000 times. (ie. on-off 30000 times). after about 3000 times the switch gave way, meaning that the table saw was in the always on mode.

i took out the switch (SPST) and swapped it out. mind you when the tablesaw motor eventually kicked the bucket, the switch (NKK brand) was still in excellent condition

if the you are DIY minded, the job could be as simple as opening up the winder and rerunning solder to ensure contact is still there. no need to replace the switch just yet. assuming you have tools; a multimeter is useful for checking switches.

nb: im not responsible for any damages and/or electricution, im merely providing you with my $0.02 and my past electronic DIY experience.
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi Trition,

I paid about $750 for the winder that can wind 3 watches and it lasted for 5yrs. That's why i was thinking of buying the same brand. Roughly how much does a new brand cost? I saw the brand B & Z...my heart sank when i saw the price....

Originally posted by triton View Post
        you may like to approach nick ten10 for assistance. he is the person you should look for.

however, you may like to calculate your winder depreciation value. if you had bought it about 200-300. each year of using is 60. that over 1 year would mean less than $1 a day. i think it is value for money.

Comment

oh. it is a triple. i should have lobang for this. think it cost slightly more than(couple of hundred) what you paid more than 5 years ago. i got a eilux triple winder also. condition is rated 95%. the protective filim still intact except a slight knock on the side. if you are interested, pm your contact number.

the main difference between the old model and the new one is that there is a switch for preset TPD. the new one does not have. it is set to 950 TPD. (click here) which means it is close to 40% more than the recommended setting for rolex (650TPD)

why not check with ten10 first. see if he help you repair.

Originally posted by thamwm View Post
          Hi Trition,

I paid about $750 for the winder that can wind 3 watches and it lasted for 5yrs. That's why i was thinking of buying the same brand. Roughly how much does a new brand cost? I saw the brand B & Z...my heart sank when i saw the price....
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I would loved to DIY. But first i need to figure out how to dismantle the unit...

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            sounds like either your controller or switch has given up. i have suspicions that it is the switch that is stuck in the uni direction, despite you having physically moved it over to bi direction.

i remember a chinese table saw, the switch was suppose to have a cycle of 30000 times. (ie. on-off 30000 times). after about 3000 times the switch gave way, meaning that the table saw was in the always on mode.

i took out the switch (SPST) and swapped it out. mind you when the tablesaw motor eventually kicked the bucket, the switch (NKK brand) was still in excellent condition

if the you are DIY minded, the job could be as simple as opening up the winder and rerunning solder to ensure contact is still there. no need to replace the switch just yet. assuming you have tools; a multimeter is useful for checking switches.

nb: im not responsible for any damages and/or electricution, im merely providing you with my $0.02 and my past electronic DIY experience.

Comment

if all methods fail, there is what i call the chisel and mullet alternative
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Thanks i have sent Ten10 an email.
                Btw mine too have the protective film intact... So sayang to decom a nice looking box...

Originally posted by triton View Post
                oh. it is a triple. i should have lobang for this. think it cost slightly more than(couple of hundred) what you paid more than 5 years ago. i got a eilux triple winder also. condition is rated 95%. the protective filim still intact except a slight knock on the side. if you are interested, pm your contact number.

the main difference between the old model and the new one is that there is a switch for preset TPD. the new one does not have. it is set to 950 TPD. (click here) which means it is close to 40% more than the recommended setting for rolex (650TPD)

why not check with ten10 first. see if he help you repair.

Comment

Haha...i guess so

if all methods fail, there is what i call the chisel and mullet alternative

Comment

Just want to say thanks to Bro Tenten for taking time and patience to impart his knowledge and skills about watch winder repair.
                    The motors has been running well for 1 month and still counting...

Comment

any word on what the fault was? it'll be interesting to see if it was something as easy as a switch, or something more major.
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Basically it's the motor that i was facing some problem with. Most likely it's wear n tear. 5yrs non stop winding : ) You can check out Tenten's DIY website for more details.

any word on what the fault was? it'll be interesting to see if it was something as easy as a switch, or something more major.

Comment

Sploit watch winder

My watch winder is sploit. It can power up but the motor is not running. Can any brother tell where to repair the watch winder and its cost? Thank you very much.

Comment

Try asking ten10 or maybe the person who sold u the winder?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Brother Darkangel,thank u very much for your advice.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X