X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• roguehog
    replied
    Originally posted by dtyr View Post
    Hello TS, sorry to rod your thread. I am a newbie here and I cannot post new threads yet. Just wana ask some advices from all of you here, I've recently bought a 2 + 3 winder for my pam and oris. However, my pam stops even after I uses the winder. My oris still runs. Any advices? Many thanks in advance.
    Which Pam model you have? Izzit a hand wound or auto? I dunno what wonder you have but mine allows me to set the precise tpd. No need to time and turn off etc. it also comes with a speed winding function. If I were to place an unwound watch in there and set the required tpd, it will run outta juice. I end to use the speed wind function to get it up to spd. Think of the speed wind as a jump start or warm up while the tpd settings as maintanence.

Leave a comment:

• jamester
    replied
    Originally posted by dtyr View Post
    Hello TS, sorry to rod your thread. I am a newbie here and I cannot post new threads yet. Just wana ask some advices from all of you here, I've recently bought a 2 + 3 winder for my pam and oris. However, my pam stops even after I uses the winder. My oris still runs. Any advices? Many thanks in advance.
    watch winders should work for Pams, assuming that they are not hand wound...

Leave a comment:

• dtyr
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CarolWatchWinder
    replied
    That's true, normally we recommend to change the battery weekly when the watch winder using battery operated.

Leave a comment:

• dex_ko
    replied
    Any place to recommend for cheap winder?

Leave a comment:

• dex_ko
    replied
    Anywhere to get winder at good price.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    can consider buying 12 pieces of boxy plus a plate @ the bottom and stack them up.

Originally posted by MooMoo View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a 12 pcs watch winder in Singapore?

Leave a comment:

• MooMoo
    replied
    Does anyone know where I can get a 12 pcs watch winder in Singapore?

Leave a comment:

• Mmax
    replied
    Hi ten10 I'm looking for a 4 watch individual winder for 2 panerais at least, care to share the fellow members lament about his watch winder brand? Or can pm as well.. Thanks in advance!!

Leave a comment:

• ten10
    replied
    Allow me to add two more requirements...

If you have large Pre-V buckles on your strap, do test if it fits the winding pods.
    Recently, a member lamented to me that he bought a winder that cant fit his panerai watches (and/or vice-versa).
    Frequent taking out and putting in the watch into the pod also has damaged the watch holder.

The other point he brought up was that the spring-loaded winder expanded his leather watch strap.

Perhaps its good to test the winders yourself before buying. Convince yourself rather than hear the sales talk.

cheers!

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    you can consider looking through the watch tools and accessories section.

it depends on how much you willing to pay for a winder.

some factors to consider
    1. ability to set individual TPD
    2. ability to set winding direction
    3. one watch per pod
    4. holder of watch - is it sponge (some sponge lose their shape quickly or spring loaded*preferably not*)
    5. battery and AC options availability
    6. material use to make winder
    7. warranty issue
    8. brands ability to repair winder if winder is faulty.

Originally posted by adamtzw View Post
    Hi, new here to this forum.. =)

Would like to get a watch winder for my watches.

Any recommendations as to which brand would be good to go for? Where would be a good place to get them?

Thank you so much!! =)

Leave a comment:

• adamtzw
    replied
    Looking to buy a 2-4 watch winder

Hi, new here to this forum.. =)

Would like to get a watch winder for my watches.

Any recommendations as to which brand would be good to go for? Where would be a good place to get them?

Thank you so much!! =)

Leave a comment:

• ten10
    replied
    Originally posted by dracula747 View Post
    I think the Boxy Winder is a good buy. JW selling $112+ each including GST.

Small, light & quiet..... suitable to be placed in small safe. Can be used with optional battery pack.

Else can stack up to a Brick System consisting of up to 12 winders, just need to buy the Base for $50 and uses just 1 power plug.

Or a smaller base for $35 for up to 6 winders.

Can fit even my 48mm watch.
    Agree with you!

Boxy is made by parent company Abest (Taiwan), and Abest makes for brands such as Mitch & Marc, Heiden, Kadloo and many more.

However, do note that Boxy winders employ a belt-drive system (not direct-drive) and would have some slippage if the belt gets worn. But so far, I've not heard from anyone it breaks down during its warranty period.

Good choice!

Leave a comment:

• dracula747
    replied
    I think the Boxy Winder is a good buy. JW selling $112+ each including GST.

Small, light & quiet..... suitable to be placed in small safe. Can be used with optional battery pack.

Else can stack up to a Brick System consisting of up to 12 winders, just need to buy the Base for $50 and uses just 1 power plug.

Or a smaller base for $35 for up to 6 winders.

Can fit even my 48mm watch.

Leave a comment:

• Robin00
    replied
    Any particular brand or model suitable for small safe box?

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X