Branded handbags and lux watches..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branded handbags and lux watches..

When i was at my teens...i envy branded bags..from lv..to prada...chanel.
    When i earn my first 1k...there it goes to my first branded bag.

After years goes by...more and more branded handbags..from wallets to totes and accesories..cos cannot think of other things to buy..not forgetting branded shoes too.

But of all the branded leather goods..i did alocate some $$ to my first rolexoyster dj ..which lasted me 16 yrs! Wow..not like branded hbags ..the fashion is still there!

Now in my 40s...i finally wake up....buy branded watch lah!...the leather goods will not be as good in terms of value to luxury watches..

So now...my 2nd chance to start my dream once more....

Ladies here...anyone same as me..or maybe smarter kept lux watches instead of leather stuffs?

I started with lux bags for a year before I started watches, but good thing I couldn't afford both back then.

Then I bought with my first Rolex before my first LV(luckily) haha...and Rolex was the main focus for awhile before I went back and forth with these hobbies. Bought all the LVs I could, wallets , bags to luggages. And sold all....

It wasn't long before I went back to watches faithfully hehehe...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

This is a good thread! I'm going to show my wife!
      I want a 116505!

Comment

Originally posted by Louis V View Post
        This is a good thread! I'm going to show my wife!
        My wife says need both....sad!

What's the point of wearing Rolex if the bag doesn't match. What's the point of a branded bag if the wallet doesn't match. What's the point of the watch, bag and wallet if the shoes doesn't match. What's the point of the etc etc if the car doesn't match. What's the point of the etc etc if the house doesn't match. What's the point of all these if the husband doesn't match!

My reply...if your salary allows you to match all these, you can go ahead. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          My wife says need both....sad!

What's the point of wearing Rolex if the bag doesn't match. What's the point of a branded bag if the wallet doesn't match. What's the point of the watch, bag and wallet if the shoes doesn't match. What's the point of the etc etc if the car doesn't match. What's the point of the etc etc if the house doesn't match. What's the point of all these if the husband doesn't match!

My reply...if your salary allows you to match all these, you can go ahead. Haha
          ROFL.... my wife saw this thread and she wrote back to me:"kuching ku's reply hits the nail on the head!! hahahahaha"
          I want a 116505!

Comment

ROFL.... my wife saw this thread and she wrote back to me:"kuching ku's reply hits the nail on the head!! hahahahaha"
            My wife say we men are the same, especially with cars!

First I upgrade rims and chip up HP. Then say that high power is dangerous without good control, so upgrade brakes and suspension. Then say suspension too hard and noisy so get sound proofing. Then say sound proofing only will be great if the ICE is great.....After spending $$$$ on all these, say that the car has now reached 3 years and warranty out and will have wear and tear so its time to change car. Then the whole process starts again.

That's why God paired man with woman. Otherwise, HE might have paired Woman with Dog and Man with rabbits!

Comment

That's why God paired man with woman. Otherwise, HE might have paired Woman with Dog and Man with rabbits!
              my 1st post in this section, why these pair ?

Comment

My wife say we men are the same, especially with cars!

First I upgrade rims and chip up HP. Then say that high power is dangerous without good control, so upgrade brakes and suspension. Then say suspension too hard and noisy so get sound proofing. Then say sound proofing only will be great if the ICE is great.....After spending $$$$ on all these, say that the car has now reached 3 years and warranty out and will have wear and tear so its time to change car. Then the whole process starts again.

OMG!!! We are so alike! That was exactly the same way I rationalize the mods and car change. Have they gotten smarter or are we just too predictable?

Originally posted by Keith8896 View Post
                my 1st post in this section, why these pair ?
                My guess... Dogs are loyal, and for rabbit... man just like the cute stuffs? lol
                I want a 116505!

Comment

OMG!!! We are so alike! That was exactly the same way I rationalize the mods and car change. Have they gotten smarter or are we just too predictable?

My guess... Dogs are loyal, and for rabbit... man just like the cute stuffs? lol
                  See. Bro LV. We are too predictable lah. My wie knows all the car tricks already. She knew with 1 month of a new car, rims will change then .....think she even have a time line on this. If I did not proceed with that practice, she might even suspect I have a mistress! She will say..."how come you have not been looking at suspensions?"
                  If its time for change, she will notice car mags, and Saturday classified widely read at meal-times and in the toilet!
                  Aren't we predictable?

Dogs are called man's best friend. Women like man's best friend.
                  Men like cute young girls...just like rabbits but like cute young girls, rabbits leave a mess.

Haha

Comment

Kuchingku bro, i cant stop laughing when read your threads above... hahahaha!!

Comment

Dogs are called man's best friend. Women like man's best friend.
                      Men like cute young girls...just like rabbits but like cute young girls, rabbits leave a mess.
                      This just made my day! I almost burst out laughing but had to reel in as my boss sits right behind my back... wahahahaha
                      I want a 116505!

Comment

Back to the original topic, I realized female watch models suffer higher depreciation compared to models meant for males. I guess this has to do with demand and supply. Most females do not buy used watches and as a result, there isn't much of a used watch market out there for ladies. Even then, resale value of watches still beat resale value of handbags hands down. 70% off retail for a used hangbag is not uncommon.
                        I want a 116505!

Comment

Back to the original topic, I realized female watch models suffer higher depreciation compared to models meant for males. I guess this has to do with demand and supply. Most females do not buy used watches and as a result, there isn't much of a used watch market out there for ladies. Even then, resale value of watches still beat resale value of handbags hands down. 70% off retail for a used hangbag is not uncommon.
                          Ok. Back to orginal topic....

Woman watches suffer back resale for 2 reasons...(just opinion - does not apply to all females)
                          1. If women buys a watch, they seldom think about resale value...they want to enjoy the experience of walking into an AD and get served and shown all the different models before buying. Men often ask around at ADs then come sg-roc buy used one and buying experience is normally MRT station or void deck. Men happy with cheap void deck deals while women like AD/boutique experience. Price is not paramount cos many times they sign card hubby pay (like few of my friends)

2. If men buy for women for occasion....buy used at own's peril. Buy a man's model and she gets upset that you are thinking of what you like instead of what she likes etc. In such situation, resale value is not a reason that can save your skin.

All said, women watches dep 40-50% at worst. Bags around 70%. Shoe must pay people to take it away!

Comment

Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                            Kuchingku bro, i cant stop laughing when read your threads above... hahahaha!!
                            Which part? Women like man's best friend or rabbits are messy?

Haha....pulling your leg lah.

Comment

Aiyo, i am trying to say...stop buying branded bags for myself...enough is enough.
                              By the way...i am single lady...not so lucky like your wife.
                              I have a loyal dog, enough of lux hbags and shoes and finally a car with a good rims and tyres.
                              And finally announcing my 3 babe....a yacht master..just bot this afternoon...a birthday present for myself from resort world sentosa, lux gallery.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X