Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady Datejust for Wife

Hi guys,

Wanting to get a rolie for my wife. Went to Cortina to look c.
    Saw a lady datejust 26mm, S/S, jubilee strap, white gold futed bezel, diamond markers, MOP dial (think shd be 179174 series).
    - Abt $14,600+ b4 10% discount
    - Abt $12,000+ b4 10% discount (wif slightly brownish dial)
    Quote me another one, probably same series wif diamond bezel and markers, MOP,
    abt S$20+K. Are the prices thereabt? Anywhere got better lobang?

BTW, any other options besides the above as the saleperson said these are the more common n preferred models? Read smewhere if go for diamond bezel n markers, better to go for normal dial so tat diamond can stand out. If so, any idea the rough prices? Most come wif jubliee strap, if change to oyster strap, need 2 top up?
    Wife prefers small size aka 26mm only and S/S.
    My budget, ard $15K+, can stretch a few K more.

Appreciate all your advices and opinions. Many thanks.

Gotten one for my mun in june.. Model 179384 silverdial.. List price shuld be 19890, got it at eastern watch for $16300

Comment

Hi Yang85, jus to confirm. The one u got is the SS c/w diamond bezel, diamond markers n silverdial? Is the strap jubilee or oyster? Did u got it b4 or after the price increase? Thks.

Comment

Yup the one i got is steel n 18ct white gold case and jubilee bracelet in steel, bezel in 18ct white gold set with diamonds.. Got it after the price increase if i am not wrong on 24th june..

Comment

IMO, it's better to bring your wife to try it out herself. I mean it's good that you have this intention. But it's better to bring her to see the watch herself and see which one she likes most. IMO, Lady DJ is a very classical and traditional timepiece. It also comes with many different styles, dials, bezels, bracelet, SS/TT etc. It's really no hard or right answers which model is nice. Each combination has it's uniqueness. That's why better let her try it herself. BTW, oyster bracelet is cheaper. Top up for jubliee actually. Lastly, the current oyster bracelet is EasyLink, so can simply extend the bracelet during hot weather. Jubliee bracelet is fixed. During hot weather, your wife may feel discomfort as wrist "expands". But honestly, Jubliee is beautiful.

Since you are preparing so much, I do suggest TT. I feel 5-figure for SS is a bit too much. Unfortunately, the price just gone up recently, otherwise, you should have a better deal.

Originally posted by liverman View Post
          Hi guys,

Wanting to get a rolie for my wife. Went to Cortina to look c.
          Saw a lady datejust 26mm, S/S, jubilee strap, white gold futed bezel, diamond markers, MOP dial (think shd be 179174 series).
          - Abt $14,600+ b4 10% discount
          - Abt $12,000+ b4 10% discount (wif slightly brownish dial)
          Quote me another one, probably same series wif diamond bezel and markers, MOP,
          abt S$20+K. Are the prices thereabt? Anywhere got better lobang?

BTW, any other options besides the above as the saleperson said these are the more common n preferred models? Read smewhere if go for diamond bezel n markers, better to go for normal dial so tat diamond can stand out. If so, any idea the rough prices? Most come wif jubliee strap, if change to oyster strap, need 2 top up?
          Wife prefers small size aka 26mm only and S/S.
          My budget, ard $15K+, can stretch a few K more.

Appreciate all your advices and opinions. Many thanks.

Comment

Good thing about jubilee is it looks great on 26mm and cant really see scratches
            Oyster bracelet with polish center links , on the other hand , is a scratch magnet

Comment

but polished links really look nice.

Comment

Thks for the feedback. Yang85, don mind u PM me ur SE so tat i probably can go dwn n take a look.
                BTW, sorri wat TT? and wat the likely price range? Any recommended AD? Thks.

Comment

TT stands for Two-Tone. It's a common jargon for watches with dual materials, such as SS with RG or YG. If I am not mistaken, TT may cost slightly more than SS, as there are several parts being replaced with RG or YG, e.g. the center links, bezel, crown etc. But it still depends. For instance, a full diamond bezel with SS may cost more than a TT with non-diamond bezel. So it's hard to confirm the pricing. In fact, sometimes TT may be offer more discounts as TT is less popular, thus that explains, TT is sometimes, hard to find on preowned market. Anyway, most important is individual preferances. IMO, TT is more "valuabled" as it contains gold, though only 18k gold.

As for ADs, I think most ADs offer same or similar discounts for Lady DJ. I feel most important is to find the model you like as I think it's hard to find the same model from another ADs. If I were to choose, THG, Sincere or Cortina in order of preferance.

Originally posted by liverman View Post
                  Thks for the feedback. Yang85, don mind u PM me ur SE so tat i probably can go dwn n take a look.
                  BTW, sorri wat TT? and wat the likely price range? Any recommended AD? Thks.

Comment

Thks breitling77 for your valuable feedback. Hmm, wif so many possibilities...probably will go shopping abit more..

Comment

Looks good but prone to scratches

Originally posted by dmdfila View Post
                      but polished links really look nice.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X