Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess they have to spend time doing that and they don't have a ton of man power to do a lot of authenticating. Imagine the number of rolex owners in SG. ~_~
    I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

• Just sent in a submariner to jw for authentication.. charges $53.50 including water pressure test for less than 20min...
      Wei...give chance leh... Iam just a newbie...:red:

Comment

• Verification @ rsc

$107 = scratch on watch + long waiting time + just verbally telling you it is authentic or not. Worth it ?

I always verify watches at my regular 2nd hand dealer. Only 30 bucks, no scratches and only takes 10 mins. I can even get to view the inside movement myself before he closes the back case for me, unlike rsc.

Comment

• Originally posted by eojmil View Post
          Just sent in a submariner to jw for authentication.. charges $53.50 including water pressure test for less than 20min...
          Sounds so much better than RSC!!!
          Paiseh for my ignorance, but where's & what is JW?

Comment

• www.jwwatch.com

Comment

• Got my watch regulated in RSC. it was free as my watch still has valid warranty. 1 hour's wait, got a free polishing cloth too :-)

Comment

• Any1 noes wat does Overhaul of the watch includes? Polish, oiling etc...? Any external parts replacement?
                Current
                Rolex Deepsea

Past
                Tag Heuer Aquaracer
                Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL
                Rolex Milgauss GV

Wishlist
                AP Royal Oak Volcano

Comment

• External,Changes of hands,crown & thread.(not sure whether they replace the stem)

Internal,Changes of main spring.

That what RSC told me,when I sent my 16018 in for overhaul.

Additional part will charge individually.

Hope this help.

Comment

• Oh.. ic..
                    Is the replacement an SOP? or RSC will decide to change onli if they deem fit?
                    Coz mine watch oni 3mths old..bt they told me wil do an overhaul.. wonder if they wil change e parts or just remains as i believe e parts are still new..
                    Current
                    Rolex Deepsea

Past
                    Tag Heuer Aquaracer
                    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean XL
                    Rolex Milgauss GV

Wishlist
                    AP Royal Oak Volcano

Comment

• Maybe RSC already cost in the change of hands, crown/thread and main spring.
                      Sometimes back, I sent a Breitling watch to service at Melchers, they quoted me for $600 for overhaul and said that it includes replacement of hands and crown plus polishing of bracelet and watch casing. Guess what, when I checked the website later, it stated that overhaul service is $490. So the difference is what Melchers assumed is must and costed in and the reason they gave is that when dismantling the dial, the hands will be damaged and crown changed for water proof purpose. Crown I can understand, but hands??? Are they trying to tell me their technicians repair skill sucks! Hope is not OOT.
                      Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                      Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                      / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

• Originally posted by BAR_Honda View Post
                        Got my watch regulated in RSC. it was free as my watch still has valid warranty. 1 hour's wait, got a free polishing cloth too :-)
                        Had a dream, wake up decided to bring mine for regulation. Then found out my warranty is one month overdue
                        Will RSC do it for free?
                        Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

• Ok... since nobody reply yet. Went RSC today Got my Explorer regulated for FREE!
                          Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

• Originally posted by weizhen77 View Post
                            Ok... since nobody reply yet. Went RSC today Got my Explorer regulated for FREE!
                            Bro, you mean you went same day and rsc does it on the spot? How long does it take?
                            Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                            Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                            / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

• Yeah man. RSC scratched my bezel when I sent my watch for verification. Of cos, they denied everything and even showed me a mini photo of the watch and bezel which they had taken before opening the case, and insisted the scratch was there! All I saw was a low quality photo. Damn them!!
                              Originally posted by Twist View Post
                              $107 = scratch on watch + long waiting time + just verbally telling you it is authentic or not. Worth it ?

I always verify watches at my regular 2nd hand dealer. Only 30 bucks, no scratches and only takes 10 mins. I can even get to view the inside movement myself before he closes the back case for me, unlike rsc.
                              Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                              Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                              GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                              GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                              DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                              DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                              , 18238 malachite
                              DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                              AP 15300 Black
                              Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                              GP 18k RG
                              IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                              Chronoswiss Skeleton
                              Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

• 1970's datejust

Hi guys, recently my grandfather had passed down to me a rolex datejust, I cross referenced the serial number and it's date back to 1971. The watch itself is actually not very accurate anymore, and also quite scratched up around the bracelet and lugs(at least to my eye) as well as the acrylic crystal. I've read online about fitting a sapphire crystal into the watch at RSC, so I hope if anyone can tell me the cost for full service of this old watch at RSC and if I can also change the crystal to sapphire. I'm only a student who is lucky enough to inherit such a piece of history, so I hope to save up enough money to one day bring this watch back to tip top condition. Thanks!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X