This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nthw1209 View Post
    Hi guys, recently my grandfather had passed down to me a rolex datejust, I cross referenced the serial number and it's date back to 1971. The watch itself is actually not very accurate anymore, and also quite scratched up around the bracelet and lugs(at least to my eye) as well as the acrylic crystal. I've read online about fitting a sapphire crystal into the watch at RSC, so I hope if anyone can tell me the cost for full service of this old watch at RSC and if I can also change the crystal to sapphire. I'm only a student who is lucky enough to inherit such a piece of history, so I hope to save up enough money to one day bring this watch back to tip top condition. Thanks!
    Polishing at RSC will cost 300 (I called before to ask for my Milgauss). If u bring to RSC, they will tell you to overhaul and depend on the watch model and condition, may easily come up to 1K+ I guess. Perhaps you can try Top Hours at Lucky Plaza level 1 (besides RSC) and RW watch (level 1 Great Eastern Centre) to get a quote from them and compare before commit.
    Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
    Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
    / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

• Originally posted by 3kingdom View Post
      Bro, you mean you went same day and rsc does it on the spot? How long does it take?
      Yup, went there during lunchbreak. Got a call after 1hour+, went to collect after work. Nope, they don't do it on the spot, the frontdesk "girls" will liaise with you, wrap your watch with a cleaning cloth, and printout a collection receipt for you.
      Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAR_Honda View Post
        Got my watch regulated in RSC. it was free as my watch still has valid warranty. 1 hour's wait, got a free polishing cloth too :-)
        Had mine regulated for free too. That aunty didn't give me a polishing cloth leh. Maybe because my warranty expire for 1 month already?
        Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3kingdom View Post
          Polishing at RSC will cost 300 (I called before to ask for my Milgauss). If u bring to RSC, they will tell you to overhaul and depend on the watch model and condition, may easily come up to 1K+ I guess. Perhaps you can try Top Hours at Lucky Plaza level 1 (besides RSC) and RW watch (level 1 Great Eastern Centre) to get a quote from them and compare before commit.
          Thanks for the reply. I've guessed it would come up to a grand, but am willing to pay to restore it. The thing is I've read that rolex might not have the parts for their old lines especially a 40 year old watch and that they would not service it. Also, do you know if the crystal can actually be changed for a sapphire one from an acrylic? Will there be issues with the fit? Thanks.

Comment

• Went to RSC recently and i have to say that their workmanship is fantastic. Both watches send in for cleaning and collect same day. And received free polishing cloth too.

Comment

• rolex will keep parts for a watch for 30 years from the date they announce discontinued.

however, if you want to preserve the look and not change anything unnecessary, i would suggest you go outside RSC for safety. why? this is because RSC can tell you that because of this part need to be taken out, we took this part out and it had to be replaced for one reason or another. changing from sapphire to acrylic is challenging. as there may not have a part or the 'sitting' would not be right which will then compromise the resistance of the watch such as hand washing.

Originally posted by nthw1209 View Post
              Thanks for the reply. I've guessed it would come up to a grand, but am willing to pay to restore it. The thing is I've read that rolex might not have the parts for their old lines especially a 40 year old watch and that they would not service it. Also, do you know if the crystal can actually be changed for a sapphire one from an acrylic? Will there be issues with the fit? Thanks.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• does any bros know if RSC still give out pouches after u sent in your watches for servicing or regulated ?

Comment

• if you sent in your watch for service, they will give you the pouch. if you send in for regulation, no pouch.

Originally posted by caine View Post
                  does any bros know if RSC still give out pouches after u sent in your watches for servicing or regulated ?

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Hi, may I ask how's the procedure to go about sending a watch for verification and how long it takes? Collect on the spot? Please advise...

Comment

• It is simple. You just have to inform the service staff of your request(s) over the counter and she will guide you along. In this case, hand in your watch and give your particulars. You will then be told how long the process will take. It depends on that moment's queue, if any. Averagely, it should be between one & three hours.

You can also call the RSC directly to find out?
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
                        if you sent in your watch for service, they will give you the pouch. if you send in for regulation, no pouch.

sorry if this question sounds unlogic: what type of items consider as servicing? polishing? or others like...?

Comment

• servicing = movement service if im not mistaken
                          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                          Blue 6694
                          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• servicing as mentioned is movement servicing.

polishing = polishing of case and/or bracelet

others may include regulation of timing, change of battery, etc

Originally posted by caine View Post
                            sorry if this question sounds unlogic: what type of items consider as servicing? polishing? or others like...?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

• hi all, just wondering if i want to purchase a rolex leather strap with a buckle at RSC, who do i approach and what do i need to produce?

Comment

• I thought there was a recent discussion on this? Read that you should bring in your ROLEX watch to show or something? You want to pick the phone to call and ask also can ..
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X