Transparent caseback for sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent caseback for sub

Hi guys any idea where can I go to get my caseback changed to a transparent one for my sub? Thanks.

there is a seller in the forum selling under watch tools/accessories/straps
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i bought one from thomaspreik.de about 10 days ago but not arrived yet. i paid 116.40 EUR...
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
        i bought one from thomaspreik.de about 10 days ago but not arrived yet. i paid 116.40 EUR...
        How do u fix that to the watch?

Comment

not here yet, but i assume a watch shop can replace it quite easily for $20 to $30.

i bought one from thomas because the shape is identical to the original on 100m rated rolex watches.

it is thinner than sub case back for sure, but i doubt anyone who puts a display back on a rolex dive watch intends to go diving with it to 300m.
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
            How do u fix that to the watch?
            Simply unscrew original caseback and screw on crystal caseback.
            A good friendly watch tech will not even charge a cent.
            Its a 30sec job, really.
            If you have the caseback removal tool, you can do it yourself.

Just make sure rubber gasket is there when you replace caseback, otherwise water will get in.

Comment

if you don't pay, then you can't get WR tested at the same place...!

Comment

thomas shipped his case back the same day i ordered it, on 21/11. the case back arrived on 4/12 by normal mail (no tracking).

big box with a brochure, pen and padded envelope containing the case back. have not installed it yet, but looks A-O-K.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                  thomas shipped his case back the same day i ordered it, on 21/11. the case back arrived on 4/12 by normal mail (no tracking).

big box with a brochure, pen and padded envelope containing the case back. have not installed it yet, but looks A-O-K.
                  Power, do post to let us see how it looks like what fitted to the watch ok? Tks

Comment

Originally posted by kenkelvin View Post
                    Power, do post to let us see how it looks like what fitted to the watch ok? Tks
                    It will be something like this... I have it done to my Sub and GMT many months back...

[IMG][/IMG]

Close up view of the Transparent Caseback for my Sub...

[IMG][/IMG]

Initially wanted to order from overseas (thomas preik) like what bro taxico had done but I find it troublesome thus, have it done locally...

Comment

Originally posted by orion View Post
                      It will be something like this... I have it done to my Sub and GMT many months back...

[IMG][/IMG]

Close up view of the Transparent Caseback for my Sub...

[IMG][/IMG]

Initially wanted to order from overseas (thomas preik) like what bro taxico had done but I find it troublesome thus, have it done locally...
                      Hi may I know where can I get it done and how much will it cost locally? Thanks.

Comment

Hi may I know where can I get it done and how much will it cost locally? Thanks.
                        JW Horological has it.
                        http://www.jwwatch.com/product-infor...&cat=3&stype=4
                        Rolex 116610LV Hulk
                        Rolex 116710BLNR Batman
                        Seiko SRP231 Baby Tuna

Comment

Originally posted by sum76 View Post
                          Thanks. Will go check it out soon

Comment

transparent case back

Hi guys any idea where can I go to get my caseback changed to a transparent one for my sub? Thanks.
                            Can find on ebay...

Comment

Please take noted that it will be considered "non-Original" afterwhich and you may not able to send in RSC for servicing/repair after this caseback change....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X