This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    IMO, blue being blue, is likely to be as popularly accepted as one that is black. Naturally, the tt blue Submariner will see less demand than the tt black GMT IIc.
    I got my 1st Rolex 3 weeks back and it was a choice between the tt blue Sub and the tt black GMT IIc.
    My final choice was the tt black GMT IIc! Very happy with it!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
      Hi,

Thanks you to all of you again. I just got the the Blue dial. Next objective is to get another one for my wife.

Cheers
      Congrats on your new purchase and remember to post at our showcase section.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

• Originally posted by kepiting1sg View Post
        I got my 1st Rolex 3 weeks back and it was a choice between the tt blue Sub and the tt black GMT IIc.
        Congrats on your new purchase.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Initially, after hearing the advise from the guru here, I have decided to go for the GMT 2c TT. However, when I was at the same premise (which u have purchased from), the sale lady told me their Blue Sub has just arrive. As both the price is the same, my final decision is based on:

1) Blue Sub having higher retail price;
          2) One of my colleauge support the Blue color;
          3) GMT more troublesome on winding due to 2 setting;
          4) Their GMT 2c TT is having a serial# start with G (earlier production) while Blue Sub serial# start with numerical (later producton).

If the blue dial is not available at the time of my visit, I would have gotten the GMT 2c TT instead. I think this is fate.

Understand that you have get a Ladies Date Just II rose gold for your wife. Is that the 31mm size that I am also thinking of getting?

Comment

• Hi there,

I remembered seeing a list of the corresponding years to the alphabets of the Subs. Is that list still avail? Thanks for helping this noob out.

Also, torn between a 2nd hand Sub 16610 and the new Sub C 116610 models. Had my heart actually set on the Ceramic version, then started to read about the dangers of it cracking if subjected to shock and also replacement costs of that bezel as opposed to the SS ones. Is it worth to get the other additional updates, especially on the new spring and the clasp, which I've read many rave reviews about? Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
            Caleb

Comment

• Originally posted by caleb77 View Post
              Hi there,

I remembered seeing a list of the corresponding years to the alphabets of the Subs. Is that list still avail? Thanks for helping this noob out.

Also, torn between a 2nd hand Sub 16610 and the new Sub C 116610 models. Had my heart actually set on the Ceramic version, then started to read about the dangers of it cracking if subjected to shock and also replacement costs of that bezel as opposed to the SS ones. Is it worth to get the other additional updates, especially on the new spring and the clasp, which I've read many rave reviews about? Thanks for your help.

Best Regards
              Caleb
              Not so easy to crack the ceramic version. Have you of anyone in the forum who actually crack the ceramic?

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                Thank you Bro zidaneong!
                Contrary to the pricing quoted, I was quoted the same prices for both the blue tt sub & black tt GMT IIc from Watch Arena.
                A week before my purchase, there was a black tt GMT IIc with the new Alpha numeric serial number but it was sold when I went back a week later.
                The one I bought was Serial G - same price as the random numbers the week before.
                Actually I brought my wife along the 2nd trip and she supported my choice of the black tt GMT IIc over the blue tt Sub.
                Not so lucky as Bro Axela to buy her wife later, I bought my wife her 1st Rolex too at the same time.
                She chose 178241 - 31mm Date Just II, black dial, diamonds on Roman VI, rose gold bezel and TT jubilee bracelet.
                We left the shop much poorer but happy both of us got our 1st Rolex together at the same time after knowing each other for exactly 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
                  Thank you Bro zidaneong!
                  Contrary to the pricing quoted, I was quoted the same prices for both the blue tt sub & black tt GMT IIc from Watch Arena.
                  A week before my purchase, there was a black tt GMT IIc with the new Alpha numeric serial number but it was sold when I went back a week later.
                  The one I bought was Serial G - same price as the random numbers the week before.
                  Actually I brought my wife along the 2nd trip and she supported my choice of the black tt GMT IIc over the blue tt Sub.
                  Not so lucky as Bro Axela to buy her wife later, I bought my wife her 1st Rolex too at the same time.
                  She chose 178241 - 31mm Date Just II, black dial, diamonds on Roman VI, rose gold bezel and TT jubilee bracelet.
                  We left the shop much poorer but happy both of us got our 1st Rolex together at the same time after knowing each other for exactly 20 years.

Comment

Thank you Bro zidaneong!
                    Blue Sub retail price is $16240 while GMT2c TT is $15680. I wonder why their sellng price after discount over there is the same.

As for my wife, hers will be 178271 31mm Date Just II, brown dial, diamonds on Roman VI, rose gold bezel and TT jubilee bracelet

Comment

• Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                      Blue Sub retail price is $16240 while GMT2c TT is $15680. I wonder why their sellng price after discount over there is the same.

As for my wife, hers will be 178271 31mm Date Just II, brown dial, diamonds on Roman VI, rose gold bezel and TT jubilee bracelet
                      I was quoted $14.2k+ for the TT GMT IIc black by local ADs.
                      I paid $12,380 for my G series BNIB overseas AD from Watch Arena.
                      For my wife 178271, I paid $11k BNIB overseas AD
                      Price should be helpful as reference in getting almost the same watch for your wife.
                      My friend who went along with me on the 1st trip to watch Arena bought the SS version with diamonds on bezel, diamonds on Roman IV with Oyster bracelet.
                      Looks like the ladies like the Date Just II 31mm

Comment

• Hi everyone,

I am brand new to Rolex watches and tbh all the talk about different names and models has my head spinning!

I am looking to buy my first Rolex at the end of this year [I know its far off but I have only just started my new job out of uni!] and will be spending a considerable amount of my money on the purchase as a xmas + birthday present to myself so obviously it is imperative I pick the right one!

I have been told that the Submariner and GMT II are good choices...if anyone could give me some individual advice that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance =)

Comment

• I think you got a lot of reading up to do. Plough thru' the forum and you should be able to get ample info on this.

Cheers.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Wah, just started working n aiming rolex already.....u must be in an industry that makes good money to plan to get a rolex by working 9 months only....hehe

while doing research online, stop by AD whenever u can to check out the actual watch (sometimes what u see online can be different from actual watch due to angle, lighting etc)

Originally posted by MJT88 View Post
                            Hi everyone,

I am brand new to Rolex watches and tbh all the talk about different names and models has my head spinning!

I am looking to buy my first Rolex at the end of this year [I know its far off but I have only just started my new job out of uni!] and will be spending a considerable amount of my money on the purchase as a xmas + birthday present to myself so obviously it is imperative I pick the right one!

I have been told that the Submariner and GMT II are good choices...if anyone could give me some individual advice that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance =)

Comment

• i believe a good watch goes a long way. rolex is such.

depending on your job nature, a watch may make or break your style/personality.

it is not a cheap purchase so do homework first

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                              http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

• rolex prices always go up
                                never heard of rolex prices go down
                                Overheard at local AD - 'rolex is going to increase price soon' :snore:

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X