X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• triton
    replied
    if he got big wrist, then 36mm may be a tad too small on his wrist.

if you are not sure if he likes it or not, then better not get.

getting preown with warranty papers/card should ally initial concerns because so long as the serial number on the paper/card matches that on the watch, it should be ok. further more, you can bring it to RSC for authentication. if RSC certifies it authentic, then is ok.

as to how the previous owner use the watch, then try to get the newer series where the watch is preferably not polished abeit minor scratches without dings. if it proves too much of a tall order, then preown is not the way to go.

mechanism on different models of rolex may not be the same, say that of a explorer II against a DJ II.

sports series command a higher price may not be due to the production number but rather the availability of stock for sale by AD. it may be also due to the higher demand for sports models compared to DJ models.

some sports models are slightly better than other models for its ability to perform under certain conditions.

Originally posted by Soxcotton View Post
    Thanks triton & oceanklassik!
    Oh, so is explorer 2 comes with d outer ring with 24numbers,right? My hubby tried d date just 2 before and looks good coz he for big wrist but he find it too flashy(blink).
    I've shown him d pix of d explorer 1 and he find it nicer. But I'm not sure if he will look nice in it, risky sia.

I'm not too keen to get pre own coz not sure of d authenticity n how d previous owner use d watch.

Another question, d mechanism in rolex watches r d same n so y does sports series command a higher price(no discount)? or r d sports series more durable like shock resistance, take higher pressure etc?

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Whether you like it or not, this is how ROLEX (and many other luxury watch brands) market their watches. The less is produced, the more is sought after. ROLEX produces less of their sports models as compared to the klassik range so this naturally drives up the demand = drives up prices.

Leave a comment:

• Soxcotton
    replied
    Thanks triton & oceanklassik!
    Oh, so is explorer 2 comes with d outer ring with 24numbers,right? My hubby tried d date just 2 before and looks good coz he for big wrist but he find it too flashy(blink).
    I've shown him d pix of d explorer 1 and he find it nicer. But I'm not sure if he will look nice in it, risky sia.

I'm not too keen to get pre own coz not sure of d authenticity n how d previous owner use d watch.

Another question, d mechanism in rolex watches r d same n so y does sports series command a higher price(no discount)? or r d sports series more durable like shock resistance, take higher pressure etc?

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    just pop by most preown shop and compare the 36mm and 39mm explorer I side by side. this might give you a better idea if you still like to get for your hubby the 39mm.

between the 39mm explorer I and explorer II, i would go for the explorer II considering the price is quite close.

Originally posted by Soxcotton View Post
    hi, newbie reporting..thinking of getting a rolex watch for hubby's birthday but not sure which is better.

(1) date just 2, 41mm with white gold bezel, grey surface and roman markers - $10k+
    (2) explorer 1, 39mm, black surface-$8k+

Been eyeing d date just 2 for quite some time and d recent price increase sure adds additional pinch on d price.

Just curious, there's no discount on explorer and yet there's discount for date just, any reason? Also, how do I differentiate explorer 1 n 2? Does d explorer 1 comes with white surface coz d pics in d forum r all black.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Hi & welcome

At least you've done some homework. Both are nice watches and the reason for the discount differences of both models is because ROLEX gives little or no discount for their sports/professional models, and the Explorer happens to be one of their sport models. However, some discounts are usually given for their klassik models and the DateJust is one of ROLEX's klassik models.

Differentiating the Explorer 1 & 2 is not difficult. One obvious feature is the date function. The 1 has none while the 2 comes with date. The 1 only comes in black dial while the 2 comes in black & white. Another visual feature is that there's a "third red hand" for the 2, and none for the 1.

I envy your hubby. Hope you get your watch soon.

Leave a comment:

• Soxcotton
    replied
    Hi

hi, newbie reporting..thinking of getting a rolex watch for hubby's birthday but not sure which is better.

(1) date just 2, 41mm with white gold bezel, grey surface and roman markers - $10k+
    (2) explorer 1, 39mm, black surface-$8k+

Been eyeing d date just 2 for quite some time and d recent price increase sure adds additional pinch on d price.

Just curious, there's no discount on explorer and yet there's discount for date just, any reason? Also, how do I differentiate explorer 1 n 2? Does d explorer 1 comes with white surface coz d pics in d forum r all black.

Thanks in advance!

Leave a comment:

• Rollielover
    replied
    [QUOTE=skanps;452810]
    Originally posted by Rollielover View Post

Hi Rollielover,

I'm also considering buying a 179171 for my wife. Can you share how much the one you bought for your wife and which shop? You got 10% discount for that one right

Btw, your GMT II TT looks really nice.....can share price also?

Cheers!~
    Bro, check your pm ..... Happy hunting, once you are poisoned, you cannot turn back hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• exstusa
    replied
    Hi, everyone,

Good Day!
    I just bump into this forum yesterday while searching for onformation on a Rolex vinatge watch model 15038 Cos It catch my eyes in one of the 2nd hand watch shop in Singapore chinatown.
    It carry a price tag of SGD 4500. ( white face, everything is original rolex except leather strips)
    May I know is this a normal market price for this model? ( ard 20 yrs old)
    I like a full gold watch. Currently had a Movado with whole gold case with machanism loading from front.
    I am not watch collector or expert.
    Thanks in advance for any advise .

Cheers

Leave a comment:

• skanps
    replied
    [QUOTE=Rollielover;448998]
    Originally posted by Rollielover View Post
    My First Rollie purchased recently - GMTII TT beside my wife DJ (I kena poisoned after buying her the DJ).

Upgrade from my tag

Hi Rollielover,

I'm also considering buying a 179171 for my wife. Can you share how much the one you bought for your wife and which shop? You got 10% discount for that one right?

Btw, your GMT II TT looks really nice.....can share price also?

Cheers!~

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by s54 View Post
    Hi People,

I want to buy a rolex 191171(i suppose this is the right model. It is the ladies half rose gold with with face and diamonds.) But, i am wondering will i get a better deal if you i purchase it in Zurich.

Any recommendations from all the pros here, your feedbacks are welcome.

cheers
    It's cheaper over here bro for the Datejust or the half gold/solid gold models.

Leave a comment:

• triton
    replied
    from your posting, it seems that you already made up your mind what to get already.

on the side note, stick within budget. dont push it.

Originally posted by vk123 View Post
    hi sifus , im contemplating my first rolex . im looking at either the 116613 or the 116523 preowned . the 116523 is a bit out of my initial budget but if i see a good deal i would consider it .

i love both these models , but i was thinking if i went for the 116523 first , it wouldnt make sense for me to downgrade to the 116613 in the future would it ? in contrast , if i got the 116613 first , i would definitely upgrade to the 116523 in the future

would u guys who have already owned a daytona sell it off to downgrade to a sub or a gmt ? please advise !

Leave a comment:

• vk123
    replied
    hi sifus , im contemplating my first rolex . im looking at either the 116613 or the 116523 preowned . the 116523 is a bit out of my initial budget but if i see a good deal i would consider it .

i love both these models , but i was thinking if i went for the 116523 first , it wouldnt make sense for me to downgrade to the 116613 in the future would it ? in contrast , if i got the 116613 first , i would definitely upgrade to the 116523 in the future

would u guys who have already owned a daytona sell it off to downgrade to a sub or a gmt ? please advise !

Leave a comment:

• phillyboy
    replied
    When buying from the net, make sure you do your homework on the seller. If buying from eBay, check their feedback and avoid buying if they have even 1 negative score. It is just not worth it no matter how good the deal looks. If buying from a use shop, always ask if the watch can be return after checking with RSC and get that in writing.

I have brought 4 rollies from the net with most of them turn out to be a good experience.

1) I borught my Sub 1680 from a seller from US on eBay. The deal went really smooth and the seller and I stay in touch. I almost brought a Tudor Big Block but lost the bid to another bidder.

2) I brought a GMT II from another seller from US on eBay. The deal also went smooth and the seller add me to his facebook.

3) I brought a Sub 168000 from Ben of nbtime on Timezone and he agreed to complete the transaction face to face at HK RSC. Again, it was a smooth experience.

4) I brought a 1601 from Monster-Time in Singapore. when I took it to HK RSC for servicing, the cost of servicing was HKD6K and they told me the band was a fake. At HKD6K, the watch had tons of problem. I then contact alvin and he initially refuse to exchange it and insistin it was real until I threaten him by posting my experience on Singapore Rolex Owners Club and Timezone. It was still not a good experience when you have the feeling of been cheated because the seller always blame you.

That my experience so, my advise to all the brothers is to buy from reputable sellers and do your homework before hand.

Leave a comment:

• s54
    replied
    Buying A rolex in Zurich or Singapore

Hi People,

I want to buy a rolex 191171(i suppose this is the right model. It is the ladies half rose gold with with face and diamonds.) But, i am wondering will i get a better deal if you i purchase it in Zurich.

Any recommendations from all the pros here, your feedbacks are welcome.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• Rollielover
    replied
    My First Rollie

[QUOTE=Rollielover;448996]My First Rollie purchased recently - GMTII TT beside my wife DJ (I kena poisoned after buying her the DJ).

Upgrade from my tag

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X