Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Time Date Flip for Rolex? Exactly 12mn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Time Date Flip for Rolex? Exactly 12mn?

Was wondering what time does the date change to next date for ROLEX watches? Is it at 12 Midnight sharp?

Anyone noticed?

+/- 3mins on all my watches
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

+ 3 mins for my DJ...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by DM101 View Post
        Was wondering what time does the date change to next date for ROLEX watches? Is it at 12 Midnight sharp?

Anyone noticed?
        very rare u get a watch to advance the date @ exactly midnight. this is because for some watch the date advance gears starts say about 2200 to get into position.

this is why one should refrain from advancing the date when the time is between 2200 to 0200. for me, i abit kiasu, between 2100 and 0300, i dont adjust date.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          very rare u get a watch to advance the date @ exactly midnight. this is because for some watch the date advance gears starts say about 2200 to get into position.

this is why one should refrain from advancing the date when the time is between 2200 to 0200. for me, i abit kiasu, between 2100 and 0300, i dont adjust date.
          actually Rolex watch can change at anytime, this is only for the older type of mechanism to the best of my knowledge, having said that, better safe then sorry
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            actually Rolex watch can change at anytime, this is only for the older type of mechanism to the best of my knowledge, having said that, better safe then sorry
            some of my watches cannot change the date when it is between 10 to 2

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post

i read from the net that after 7am is the best..so i more kiasu..

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                i think only gmt-master 2 can change date at anything including reversing the date..for others, better avoid..

Comment

My experiment result:

- EXPLORER 2 is plus 3mins after mn (CAL 3185)
                  - DJ TOG is minus 2 mins before mn (CAL 3135)

So it is indeed not mn sharp

Comment

Ok after reading this thread, I decided to try it out on my Sea Dweller, it flips the date at exactly midnight. I tink the reason why is bcos my watch is still brand new, I bought it for around a week nia, and I only worn it twice. Other than that its kept inside my watch cabinet.

I feel after awhile, the date flip will be just like you guys, should it be off by too much, I would just get RSC to do calibration thats all.
                    Space for Rent if you want to advertise

Comment

My TT Sub date flick at 1+/- mins after midnite, M series...
                      cheers
                      Poisoned:
                      Sub,Gmt,Mille Miglia n tobacco..

Comment

+1

My Sub flip at +1min.

Comment

15200 at +2min
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

my 16610LV only changes the date after 5mins or so after midnight. Does that means i need to send back to rolex to re-calibrate?

Comment

personally, not all watches changes date @ the same time aka 12 mn or whatever time. this is because each one of them engages gears to change date different.

you may want to send it in to get them to re-calibrate.

Originally posted by Devainqueur View Post
                              my 16610LV only changes the date after 5mins or so after midnight. Does that means i need to send back to rolex to re-calibrate?
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X