Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Normally how much discount at pre own shop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normally how much discount at pre own shop??

Was walking about people's park yesterday, saw a nice M series Sub with date, 16610.

Opening price at $7.2k, normally what is the discount like at pre own shop?

In term of percentage will be good for me, for future shopping excursion.

Thanks.

I've personally not bought any from a pre-owned watch shop but did make some enquiries with a few previously. From the few encounters, there was either no discount or very little (5% or less) was given. But this' also dependent on which model(s) you are seeking.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Is 7.2k a good price for a M Series Sub date? M series, I think is 2008 or 9.

Comment

At this current market, it's not too bad. Also taking into consideration that the price before any negotiation/discount is such. For your reference, I recalled checking out an 'M' series (pre-owned) Submariner 16610 at a local second-hand watch dealer in early/mid-2009, and was quoted $6.6K. That was the time when this model was still in production.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

A preowned shop in chinatown quoted $7.2k for Z series sub to another customer when i was there with a friend looking for gmt2. The price shd be before any neg...
          Current:
          No More Liao...

Comment

Unlike brand new watches from AD where the discount is based on a standard list/retail price, the discount, if any, for pre-owned watches is based on the selling price fixed by each individual shop. That means to say, the fact that shop A gives 5% discount for their pre-owned watches while shop B gives only 2%, does not necessary mean that watches sold by shop A is cheaper.

So you still need to do your homework or leg work in order to guage if the final price offered to you is a good price.

There are at least 3 different practices based on my own experience in buying from pre-owned watch dealers:
            1) Fixed price. Charge extra for using credit card.
            2) Price catered for credit card payment. Will give some small discount if you pay cash.
            3) No clear rule. Price usually negotiable but depends on relationship and demand on the particular watch (i.e. the more popular the less discount)

Some dealer, like JW, charge GST on top of the selling price so need to consider that as well.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              Unlike brand new watches from AD where the discount is based on a standard list/retail price, the discount, if any, for pre-owned watches is based on the selling price fixed by each individual shop. That means to say, the fact that shop A gives 5% discount for their pre-owned watches while shop B gives only 2%, does not necessary mean that watches sold by shop A is cheaper.

So you still need to do your homework or leg work in order to guage if the final price offered to you is a good price.

There are at least 3 different practices based on my own experience in buying from pre-owned watch dealers:
              1) Fixed price. Charge extra for using credit card.
              2) Price catered for credit card payment. Will give some small discount if you pay cash.
              3) No clear rule. Price usually negotiable but depends on relationship and demand on the particular watch (i.e. the more popular the less discount)

Some dealer, like JW, charge GST on top of the selling price so need to consider that as well.
              Thanks for the insight.

Comment

Hi bros,

Suddenly got the urge to get a 14060M, preferably less than 5 years with "certified chronometer".

Already have a 68273 & a DJ men size.

Anyone got lobang which preowned shop can get reasonable price? Budget is abt 5.5k. Is watch arena a better place to shop?

Thanks.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X