No announcement yet.

I think I kena ripped off Submariner 16610T Date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is not a maxi dial (maxi dial minute hand is thicker and the "dots" are bigger right?) So I assume mine is not a LV... =(
    Thanks anyway! =) You guys are helpful... Touched...

Originally posted by nim
    he mentioned the bezel is black
    is it a maxi dial?

Comment

I would presume you do like the watch enough to buy it.

Once bought, just enjoy it.

Don't let the nagging feeling of having overpaid for it spoil the ownership experience.
      Breitling Colt Quartz
      Chopard Millie Miglia
      Rolex Submariner 14060M
      JLC Master Control
      Rolex Daytona TT "Blue Arab"
      PAM 371 N Luminor Submersible GMT Regatta LE 500
      Helson 45mm Bronze Shark Diver
      Steinhart OCEAN One Premium Blue
      Seiko SRP605K1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Hmmm... Which pre-owned shop is this? P H?
        There are better private dealers in this forum who don't pray on less informed buyers.

Just enjoy the watch and think nothing about over paying for it.

Comment

Got it from Peng Kwee Bencoolen. Just checked... They gave me 2 yrs warranty. Was planning to get this 1st, then upgrade to a Daytona in 3 yrs time... Yah... What you say is true... Enjoy it. =)
          Originally posted by Of Watches & Men View Post
          Hmmm... Which pre-owned shop is this? P H?
          There are better private dealers in this forum who don't pray on less informed buyers.

Just enjoy the watch and think nothing about over paying for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiat17 View Post
            Got it from Peng Kwee Bencoolen. Just checked... They gave me 2 yrs warranty. Was planning to get this 1st, then upgrade to a Daytona in 3 yrs time... Yah... What you say is true... Enjoy it. =)
            Do not feel so bad. At least the ladies provide you with a good service .

Comment

In my view, Peng Kwee (another bro here pronounced it as Pian Kwee i.e hokkien for expensive) prices are one of the highest in Singapore. Only newbies will take the bite or foreigners/tourist.

Couple of years ago when I was looking for a nice Day Date 1803, I went into their shop at peninsular was offered one at $8K! lucky never buy cos checked with other shops and found it is $2K more than other dealers!
              My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
              1) WG DIA 18239
              2) YG DIA 18238
              3) WG 18239
              4) YG 18238
              5) YG 18248G Bark
              6) WG DIA 18039
              7) WG 18039
              8) YG 18038
              9) Tridor DIA 18039B
              10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
              11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
              12) WG 1803
              13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
              1)GMT II 116718 18K
              2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
              1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
              2)D15037 14k
              3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

You all don't make TS so sad lah.

There is a small price to pay to be served by XMM, installment and warranty. I have also bought a ladies Oysterdate for my mum there. Pian Kwee by about few hundred but they have many to choose and the XMM quite cute so I find it worth.

Comment

Man... You are making me more sad... I was being served by a lady the age of my mum and my wife was with me when I bought it. So now lagi kena ripped off! LOL! Ok lah... Thats life... Actually I felt better knowing that I kena ripped off rather than having doubts. Take it as a lesson learnt lor. ANW, I don't think a junior civil servant like me can afford to pay such a lump sum at one go. Guess the extra $$ I paid can be counted as interest... =)
                  Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
                  You all don't make TS so sad lah.

There is a small price to pay to be served by XMM, installment and warranty. I have also bought a ladies Oysterdate for my mum there. Pian Kwee by about few hundred but they have many to choose and the XMM quite cute so I find it worth.

Comment

Bro don't be sad..it's just life..I bought my first date just brand new in hour glass at 6k plus after only 2 mths I sold it at 4k to replace a millgauss knowing the it's appreciation will take years or even loose more..it's just like one of our bro said love at first site...to all bros finally got my lv 'V' series today..99% condition and warranty still left 10mths local ad complete set..guess what? 7.6k good buy?Cheers!!

Comment

Oh dear. Did she molest your hand when helping you to try on the watch ?

Man... You are making me more sad... I was being served by a lady the age of my mum and my wife was with me when I bought it. So now lagi kena ripped off! LOL! Ok lah... Thats life... Actually I felt better knowing that I kena ripped off rather than having doubts. Take it as a lesson learnt lor. ANW, I don't think a junior civil servant like me can afford to pay such a lump sum at one go. Guess the extra $$ I paid can be counted as interest... =)

Comment

Siah lah bro... My wife with me leh. I wore myself... Seldom see salesperson help try on watch... Don't like that say auntie leh... I not that good looking to begin with... LOL!
                        Originally posted by jieming View Post
                        Oh dear. Did she molest your hand when helping you to try on the watch ?

Comment

haha, that is funny one, good that you have not lost your sense of humor, sometimes better to just laugh off your losses, I have done my fair share of losing too...everyone get ripped off one way or other in life but important is we learn from it.
                          read from a quote somewhere last time "make all your mistakes when you are young."
                          My 18K Gold Day Date "President" Collection:
                          1) WG DIA 18239
                          2) YG DIA 18238
                          3) WG 18239
                          4) YG 18238
                          5) YG 18248G Bark
                          6) WG DIA 18039
                          7) WG 18039
                          8) YG 18038
                          9) Tridor DIA 18039B
                          10) YG DIA 18078 Bark
                          11) RG 1803 (Mint V.Rare)
                          12) WG 1803
                          13) YG 1803

50th Anniversary Collection:
                          1)GMT II 116718 18K
                          2)Sub 16610LV Mk1 x 4pcs ( 3F + 1 Y!)

Others
                          1)Daytona RG 116505 18K
                          2)D15037 14k
                          3)DJ16238 18K

Comment

you already bought from them, make sure you don't sell back to them and get ripped twice. the watch is definitely a good choice, albeit wrong px. Much better situation than buy a wrong watch at a good price.

Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                            , 18238 malachite
                            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                            AP 15300 Black
                            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                            GP 18k RG
                            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                            Chronoswiss Skeleton
                            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

I cannot stand men who examine a product, willing buyer and willing seller. Agree to a price of a mere $7900. And start whining about being ripped.

How to live this kind of life

Comment

Originally posted by Uhtred View Post
                                I cannot stand men who examine a product, willing buyer and willing seller. Agree to a price of a mere $7900. And start whining about being ripped.

How to live this kind of life
                                come on la, give the guy a break. Not everyone consider $7900 as "mere" This is your first post here so take it easy.
                                If you do not know the culture here, we are all here to share, give advise and encourage and not judge people. Maybe you are from PK?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X