No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hallo, newbie here.

Looking at a second hand 79174 ladies (black MOP), Roman numerals markers, Y series.

What will be a good price to pay? Please advise.

Thanks!

Sorry to ask this (must be very irritating).

What is in the "full set paper" package?

If no full set paper and no box, how much should I ask for?

Comment

that's alot! stickers?!

Ok, noted, already jot these things to note on my phone.

thanks loads!

Comment

Alrights! will do the shopping this weekend. so excited!

Comment

Originally posted by nim
          Full set shall at least include these: inner outer boxes, red cosc tag, green price tag, service book, model book, leather holder, stamped warranty cert, watch cushion, protective stickers, bezel protector,polish cloth
          Make sure its full set links as well

Of course certain old models include other freebies like anchor for the diving models, toolkit for sd, etc

Without these, some says can get sgd100 to 500 cheaper. I remember someone even mention sgd1k difference
          These are the more important items that should come with the box:

Red tag
          Green tag
          Oyster Booklet
          Datejust Booklet
          Anchor (For older submariners it should come with one, good to have but usually won't have until you ask him for it)

What's not essential and won't affect the value:

Protective stickers (I have no idea why it's even here in the first place. It's just a clear sticker)
          Watch cushion ( I am assuming it shouldn't be lost)
          Bezel protector ( Older models don't come with bezel protector even then it's not gonna affect)
          Green cloth (Only for the new green box it will have, older ones no)

Request for full links, they should give it to you.

If there's a warranty card/paper then make sure it's matching with the watch.

For me...box is worth $100. Papers...probably another $200? That's about it lah...but papers vary for different models. For datejust at most $200.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

protective stickers on the watch for hardcore?

i think for those termed BNIB pieces, i would say it is reasonable to expect all stickers in tact. however in this case, TS is looking for definitely a preown piece according to the thread title.

i doubt anyone would expect a watch of the age (79174) to have all stickers still intact.

if you ever come across a hardcore rolex buyer looking for a watch that is ~a decade old to have all stickers intact, please alert me. thank you.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Protective stickers (I have no idea why it's even here in the first place. It's just a clear sticker)
            Originally posted by nim
            this item is for hardcores
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Wahahaha. Another silly question.

If stickers are supposed to be intact, where should it be stuck on? I mean, you won't go around wearing a watch with its stickers on. So, when you are wearing the watch, where does the sticker go?

And I've seen watches with the green stick on the watch back, its usually rimmed in black grime -.-'''

Comment

Haha, that's what I usually do with new watches! But that's just coz I am too lazy to walk to the bin. haaa.

Now I know, this laziness will probably make me some money in future!

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                  No extra money for stickers i guess, more for 'completeness' of the set
                  The things that is worth some money is the boxes and the warranty cert
                  Especially so if the watch is new
                  i guess this is what you mean by hardcore.
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X