Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying a new Rolex 116610 SUB/Date and 179161 Ladies Datejust

And the debate goes on:

I am presently living in Beijing, China. You wouldn't believe the prices of watches sold here. Lets not talk about Rolexes first. I was at a reputable shopping centre this afternoon. I saw my Casio G-Shock on displayed and the price is RMB1,190.00. When I was back home, I bought it at SGD145.00 (RMB725.00) and a similar model (last year) @ SGD140.00. If I were to purchase it in Beijing, It will cost SGD100.00 more than back home. I wonder how the regular folks afford watches in China. No wonder there are way too many fake everything in China. Fake milk, fake condoms, fake currencies, fake meat, fake noodles, fake tickets, fake mobile phones, fake medicine & fake whatever, you name it they have it.

Anyway, back to the main subject.

I activated my friends in Singapore to help me ask around for the 2 watches I am planning to purchase for our 12th Anniversary. The 116610LN SUB/Date for me and the Ladies Datejust 179161 TT Everose Gold for the wifey. Meantiime, I also ask my friends in Hong Kong (been living in HKG from 2008-2012) to look around for the watches.

116610LN - In Singapore

I was quoted from SGD9,300.00 to SGD10,100.00 NETT (AD quotes I.E. THG, Sincere & Cortina) indicating that stocks are limited and that is their best prices.

For the ladies 179161 - I was quoted List Price @ SGD13,030.00 less 15% = SGD11,075.50 NETT

DAMN! The prices have really skyrocketed. I remember I first bought a Ladies Datejust TT diamond for my (Ex)wife 17 years ago was only at SGD6,300.00 and my Men Datejust was only at SGD5,100.00

116610LN - In Hong Kong

1) Ken Watches quoted me HKD56,000.00 (Cash) & HKD57,000.00 (Credit Card)
    2) AD quoted me HKD62,100.00 less 5% = HKD58,995.00 (Cash) for the LV it's HKD62,795.00 (I don't want this but I am just curious to know what is the price)

My confusion and question is:

1) Why does the prices varies in Singapore among the AD? Aren't they suppose to give similar prices and discounts?
    2) When they quote NETT prices, does it means that the prices are inclusive of the GST or no GST?
    3) If I purchase from reseller, any GST included? or it's already in the cost?
    4) If I purchase the watch in Singapore, that means I have to travel, not cost effective.

5) Company provide free air travel to South China twice every quarter - Cost saving point!
    6) Buying in Hong Kong, I will not have the above queries but I hate those obnoxious Hong Kong shopkeepers/sales men/women. During summer, I usually dress down to flip flop and T-Shirt, so they usually look down on people dress like that - Assholes!

Sorry for the long winded post but I need some feedback for you guys and gals. please advise? Should I just purchase back home or buy at Hong Kong. HKG is slightly cheaper though.

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X