Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from local AD

Hi guys

Planning to get a 116610LN from a local AD for Christmas this year. Was quoted $10,400 (list price was $11,xxx) during a walk-in at a local AD.

Anyone with an existing relationship with your regular SA at a local AD and want to build on that relationship? If you can get a better price.. I can purchase through you. Win-win situation as it will +1 to your on-going relationship and help me save a bit of $$$ in the process.

I would also like to post date warranty to 25 December 2013 - I've read that in overseas AD this is possible... not sure if possible locally? If not possible then I guess have to buy closer on Christmas day itself?

Please PM if keen, thanks!

Acknowledge it will definitely be more expensive than getting from grey dealers or getting someone to buy back from overseas AD for me.

But this is a milestone watch so would like to pay for the whole experience of purchasing from an AD myself (hence the precise date requirement as well).

In the future when I'm just adding on to the collection I'll definitely look at other options.

Comment

A very expensive experience indeed that will cost you $10,400 - $8800 = $1600

Why not buy from grey dealers at $8800, and use the $1600 saved to celebrate this milestone with family and friends?

Comment

+1. Not worth it to buy from AD as you are paying additional $$$.

Comment

People put value on different things. Some prefer staying in a condo and eating at hawker centres, some choose to stay in HDB and eat at fancy restaurants.

Thanks for all the PM's - much appreciated!

Comment

Well said

To each his/her own. Most importantly, one must be happy with the purchase.

Anyway, congratz in advance
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              Well said

To each his/her own. Most importantly, one must be happy with the purchase.

Anyway, congratz in advance
              2nd tat...

N just need to congrats him n not in advance...

Congrats bro Jubilee...

Comment

anyone know is it possible to get 10% discount from local AD for Sub Date 116610LN?
                thanks.

Comment

Buy from grey I say. even if you re-sell, whether grey or local AD - no difference so long as you have the cert card

Comment

Hi members,
                    i am planning to buy a my 1st rolex..what are the disadvantages buying a brand new watch from non AD locally?

i mean is the warranty 24 months covered or its only covered by the non AD shop.

need some advice to decide to buy from AD or non AD.

thanks
                    Prab

Comment

Originally posted by larry88
                      the warranty is worldwide 24 months from date stamped on the warranty card. Disadvantage - no hot tea served, no instalment plan (instalment plan may be an advantage for some but honestly i think is an advantage at all); can't use credit cards (hence no points / cash back on some credit cards); no opportunity to develop long term relationship with the SE (whom by the way may hop and jump to another AD)...

advantage - cheaper, cheaper, cheaper and cheaper.

but if buying from grey dealers, definitely get it authenticated. The $107 you are paying for is worth it.
                      Hi bro, care to share about date stamped on grey dealer? How reliable it is?

My understanding is Rolex is very strict on date stamped when watch leaving the AD on that day. If its not done, there's a risk of Rolex taking back the AD-ship(my understanding).

So, wat r the chances of a watch(Rolex here we are talking about) not stamped leaving the AD?

Y on this question.... Again, my understanding is if a grey dealer decided to only stamped the date on/or when he gonna sell the watch, meaning the date is not tally with the date of watch leaving the AD(which watch should be register for warranty)...
                      And this will end up the warranty being void(say 6 months later when u send in the watch happened to have a regulation issue)???

Comment

Thx for the fast reply bro...

I was told by my SE from local AD(it might not be 100% true), when u send in ur watch for some faults thats under warranty, RSC will check the date on the warranty card if its tally with the registered date in their system... Lets not talk about mismatch for the few days, any mismatch of date more than a week will deem warranty void. That is how strict Rolex is being they are so popular.

Anyway, do hope to hear from other bros experience...

Comment

To me, if new watch will prefer from AD since grey dealer price only 10+% savings, not attractive enough + save trouble.
                          If pre-owned or discontinued model, will go for private/grey dealer + verification.

Comment

Originally posted by maxxam
                            Anyone here got rejected by Rolex before?
                            Kindly share some stories, thanks.
                            Pls share what you encountered and not what u hear or read.
                            Isnt most of us is wat we hear??? Thats y its for discussion...

Y is there about Rolex increasing price thread.... Its bcos words get into people ears and its not even cfm... N people would like to ask ard n discuss...

And I stated wat I heard which might not be 100% true, thats the reason y Im seeking bro larry opinion n experience... And maybe other bros can chip in for discussion...

Maybe u r the 1 n only who never in ur life discuss n talk about wat u heard to anyone even when u r socializing...

So, wat have u share with ur reply?????

Comment

Originally posted by larry88
                              Scare tactic by local Ad. Easily solved when u have the watch verified by RSC before u conclude on the deal. Is. The deal is subject to RSC verification.
                              Agree... oh, verify at rsc, something which i nv tot of... thx...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X