Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Wondering what to do!

Hi all,

I bought an Explorer II whilst on transit in London, thinking it will be my first Rolex only to find my wife bought me a lovelier GMT IIc upon my return. Now the situation is that I do not need 2 Rolex watches (unless my next one is a Daytona WG!!) and while I do not 'need' the money, I'd rather do a cost-recovery on the Exp II for other future purchases.
    As some of you would have seen, I have had no genuine buyers even though the price was decent and negotiable (to a point - I do not want to make a loss.....cost recovery!).
    What would you do? Sell now at a loss? Or believe in the value of a BNIB Rolex Exp II and wait a while before selling it, at the price I am looking at. Or wear and keep it?
    Thanks.

Currently, the market is quite bad... I think its better to keep it for now to wait for the market to recover. Or else, just post ur price here in the forum and just wait for a kind soul to come along and get it from u...Since u r not in need of money... Good luck in ur sales!

Comment

keep both watches. the resale market is quite bad now.
      if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
      1. subject heading indicating your issue
      2. your nick
      3. your corresponding email address
      4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

bro, now you have to make 2 babies so that you can give them one Rollie each!

seriously, i will keep them if i were you... regardless of the market condition
        In The Bag
        Him
        Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
        Her
        Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
        Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Guys u are all missing his main point! He is boasting that he has a superb wife! $&@""&$$&@"@$.
          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

alfasud14, put yourself into other people's shoes. With the same price, would you buy from an AD or from another person here? Of course you will only buy a watch from bro ONLY if the price cheaper or much cheaper than what our ADs are selling...am I right?
            Originally posted by alfasud14 View Post
            Hi all,

I bought an Explorer II whilst on transit in London, thinking it will be my first Rolex only to find my wife bought me a lovelier GMT IIc upon my return. Now the situation is that I do not need 2 Rolex watches (unless my next one is a Daytona WG!!) and while I do not 'need' the money, I'd rather do a cost-recovery on the Exp II for other future purchases.
            As some of you would have seen, I have had no genuine buyers even though the price was decent and negotiable (to a point - I do not want to make a loss.....cost recovery!).
            What would you do? Sell now at a loss? Or believe in the value of a BNIB Rolex Exp II and wait a while before selling it, at the price I am looking at. Or wear and keep it?
            Thanks.

Comment

I think its either you take an approximate $500 loss in price or GIVE IT TO YOUR WIFE since she bought you the GMT IIc!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Exp II looks nice on woman too you know.. hahahahahah

If the above two options are out, then keep it as I doubt you can recover the full sum paid. (Unless you have tremendous savings when you bought it in London), then lower your expectation slightly. Like 116520 said, if price are the same as local prices, then they might as well brand new from local AD.

p/s above comments is without looking at your sale thread / your sale price...

Congratulations on your GMT IIc... POST pix in the gallery kae?

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
              - GMT II
              - GMT IIc TT
              - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
              - Master Eight Days (1608420)
              - U1
              - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by alfasud14 View Post
                Hi all,

Thanks.
                Hey bro,

i'll be candid here. Pre-owned dealer is selling the exact BNIB M series at $6.1K so your asking price is too high. Let me point you to the website http://www.watcharena.com.sg/details...=100&cat=ROLEX. Few weeks ago, a LNIB M series was going for $5.3k thereabouts at WatchLink and it's sold in a flash.

Realistically, either you price it at $6.1K or high $5K then perhaps you'll find a buyer.

I've a LNIB Zenith watch for sale and i don't mind a trade (that's provided you like the watch of course). Do check out my sales thread in the Garage Section. Let me know if you're keen. Either way, i wish you good luck to find a buyer soon.

Cheers

James
                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                Audemars Piguet ROO
                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                Panerai 270
                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                Rolex 116610LV
                Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

It's individual. Since there's no urgent need of money, then keep it. I don't think cost recovery is possible, now or in the coming few years, especially when you've bought the watch at that price range. A friend recently purchased a brand new Exp II white at a local AD at early 6k range.

However, you can still make little loss if you lower your expectation. One way to manage expectation is to walk the ground and make enquiries with both ADs and pre-own shops. Find a median price range comfortable to you and re-post to sell. If the price is attractive enough, I'm sure the chance is higher.

But one thing for sure is................................................ .........

I am also eyeing your watch
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

watch is always a bad investment. Once u purchase it, even if you have worn it (hard to convince people tho), its considered preown most of the time.

And to sell it at the selling price of a brand new set, I think it will be very hard. Anyway, who ever said Rolex wont lose money when resell? Unless its those premium models which are very hard to find, else, mass produced models will always lose money.

rolex holds value -> for me, this means i lose less when i wanna sell it in future. But hardly mean i can sell at same price
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Bro James, you beat me to it again . Attached is another reference for you:

http://www.hobbylink.com.sg/Watches.htm

Now, I'm also selling a beautiful DateJust in the Garage Sales here or looking for trade with a ROLEX sports model. If you are keen, pls feel free to make an offer.

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=15480

Tx.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

First off..congrats with the Explorer II and GMT IIc. Both are great watches!

Anyway you should have told your wife you bought her a Explorer II when she showed you the GMT IIc hehehe Solve all the problems.

That beside the point,your selling price maybe at your cost but these days...in the preowned market here's how it works...if you just bought a brand new watch you cannot recover immediately...maybe 90% if you are REALLY LUCKY. But these days with PIs...maybe 85% is likely.

All in all...I would say...keep both and there will be more to come who said we only need 1 watch? I wear 1 watch on 1 hand...2 watches...solve my problems!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                          First off..congrats with the Explorer II and GMT IIc. Both are great watches!

Anyway you should have told your wife you bought her a Explorer II when she showed you the GMT IIc hehehe Solve all the problems.
                          wah liew!! this statement power!! i rikes!!

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                            Guys u are all missing his main point! He is boasting that he has a superb wife! $&@""&$$&@"@$.
                            Hahaahhahaaa thats a good one!!!!

I wonder if the wife got a younger sister
                            Every Rolex tells a story

Comment

hehehe..or you can send it my way...i can give you my address thru PM...hahaha..i can 'look' after for ya....
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X