Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something about this DD does not look right...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something about this DD does not look right...

It's suppose to be a 2001 K serial 118238. Can you spot the problem?

let me guess, the owner get it done "facelift" to look like the new model 116138?

Comment

Originally posted by SamGMT View Post
      let me guess, the owner get it done "facelift" to look like the new model 116138?
      To add, the 4 corners polished, however if this watch were to sent to RSC for servicing or overhaul, high chance they will polish it back to the original looks.

Comment

bro, K series model is 18238.

Originally posted by kt2u View Post
        It's suppose to be a 2001 K serial 118238. Can you spot the problem?

Comment

well, there was something that I couldn't put my finger to it, but I finally realized after making a trip to a few preowned shops and AD and holding the watch in my hand. Compare the watch pictured above to this picture.

I had thought that the watch in my first post is fake because it lacked the extra "strip" of metal between the lugs, thus the contour is more circular, flushed with the bezel. But after looking at the real thing in person, I realized the difference between a 18238 and 118238 is not just the polished lugs and the upgraded bracelet, but in fact the case has been redesigned as well to a more conventional circular case. Just thought I would share this little finding with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by kt2u View Post
            well, there was something that I couldn't put my finger to it, but I finally realized after making a trip to a few preowned shops and AD and holding the watch in my hand. Compare the watch pictured above to this picture.

I had thought that the watch in my first post is fake because it lacked the extra "strip" of metal between the lugs, thus the contour is more circular, flushed with the bezel. But after looking at the real thing in person, I realized the difference between a 18238 and 118238 is not just the polished lugs and the upgraded bracelet, but in fact the case has been redesigned as well to a more conventional circular case. Just thought I would share this little finding with you guys.
            Nice Info , learn something new
            Thanks Bro,
            Focal JM_Labs .
            "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
            Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
            Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
            Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
            Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
            Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
            Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
            Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
            Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
            Cartier Santos 100XL
            Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

i see, thanks for sharing

Comment

Actually, I like the old case design better, more unique and looks nicer with a leather strap cos got less gap. The new case has a gaping hole when installed with leather strap... I guess Rolex doesn't want people to replace the president bracelet with leather...

Comment

Yeah older DAYDATE case is sharper on the edge .. Bu.t this one look like 118238 which I think the edge has been rounded ..

Over polished ... Gone case

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X