Which local AD..? For Submariners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which local AD..? For Submariners.

Hi, looking to buy a first Rolex watch. After reading articles of Rolex,became interested in the Hulk 116610LV.

Next is which local AD can buy a brand new one, at greater discount (maybe buying two Sub, one is my friend). Need some advice/suggestion from seniors in this forum. Any other points I had missed, other than the discount?

This Sub LVc model was started in 2010-2014, is there a way to check those series/year of the watch? (Read that now Rolex uses Random serial numbers..).
    And what is AN series?

Thank you

Originally posted by Fugu_88 View Post
    Hi, looking to buy a first Rolex watch. After reading articles of Rolex,became interested in the Hulk 116610LV.

Next is which local AD can buy a brand new one, at greater discount (maybe buying two Sub, one is my friend). Need some advice/suggestion from seniors in this forum. Any other points I had missed, other than the discount?

This Sub LVc model was started in 2010-2014, is there a way to check those series/year of the watch? (Read that now Rolex uses Random serial numbers..).
    And what is AN series?

Thank you

Cant help with the discounts from ADs...I believe some bros here will be of help...

Since the start of the Random serial numbers, there's really no telling which year does the serial numbers belongs to. There's been a lot of opinions and theories regarding this but really...no one knows except Rolex...

Moving forward, all pre-owned AN serial Rolexes value will greatly be dependent on one crucial component...papers and warranty card...just to have a vague idea of how old is the watch...unlike the alphabet serials where one can gauge the age of the Rolex...

With the introduction of the AN series, future Rolex pre-owned market is set to be really interesting...

AN series is Alpha Numerica...

'It ain't how hard you hit;
    it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
    How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
    That's how winning is done.'

Comment

warranty cards are not fool proof either. i have bought several random serial grey units (116610, 114060, 116710) with cards dated in advance.

just when i thought blank cards are no longer issued... i see an unworn SD4000 with an undated and unnamed warranty card.

i suppose nothing is stopping me from buying it, wearing it for a year or two, then dating it and selling it off as "a few months old."

until the serial number can be "cracked," the way forward is probably at least sighting the actual AD receipt to know for sure.

the only other (probable?) way is to put the watch on a timegrapher - the rate and amplitude will show if it has been worn for many years and hasn't been serviced. unfortunately, singaporeans tend to baby their watches and may likely wear it in rotation... so...

as always... buyer beware.
      “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Exactly what I meant by this....

Originally posted by Ryuden View Post
        t...papers and warranty card...just to have a vague idea of how old is the watch...unlike the alphabet serials where one can gauge the age of the Rolex...

With the introduction of the AN series, future Rolex pre-owned market is set to be really interesting...

Comment

I think TS is buying a brand new watch...
          Rolex Submariner 116610LN
          Rolex daytona 116515LN
          Patek Ah gua naut
          Audemars P ROO Volcano

Comment

Yup he is Bro...thus this answer...

Cant help with the discounts from ADs...I believe some bros here will be of help...

Since the start of the Random serial numbers, there's really no telling which year does the serial numbers belongs to. There's been a lot of opinions and theories regarding this but really...no one knows except Rolex...

And just added information here...

Moving forward, all pre-owned AN serial Rolexes value will greatly be dependent on one crucial component...papers and warranty card...just to have a vague idea of how old is the watch...unlike the alphabet serials where one can gauge the age of the Rolex...

AN series is Alpha Numerica...

Same goes to Taxico reply...just added information regarding AN Serial...

Hopefully some bros here can help with his question of which ADs offer greatest discount for brand new 116610LV and maybe a 116613 LN/LB to go along with the purchase too.

Good luck TS. Great choice.

Comment

Any AD also can buy NEW one. No AD I know so far sells pre-owned ROLEX watches.

Greater discount is subjective so you may have to ask around several ADs.

Your other queries have gotten you some valuable responses I think.

So, good luck and hope to see your new purchases here soon.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Just to contribute my experience and give you an idea.

Quoted by a reputable AD in Singapore last month:

SGD 10,008.00 for 116610LN (The Black Ceramic Date Submariner)
                SGD 15,000.00 for 116613LB (The TT Blue Ceramic Submariner)

The above prices are inclusive of GST. Loophole! Get a foreign friend who is visiting and use his/her passport to claim GST refund. How you get back the refund and the watch depends on your imagination liao.

IMHO - If you are able to get a lower prices, should be OK. Frankly, for AD selling Rolexs', the prices are much the same.

Comment

On the grey market you must be able to find a new one for about $ 10.600-$10.800, highly demand on this piece so discounts aren`t that great as AD`s know they can sell easily at full retail.

Comment

thanks ryuden, for helping explain what my above post meant.

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
                    ...The above prices are inclusive of GST. Loophole! Get a foreign friend who is visiting and use his/her passport to claim GST refund. How you get back the refund and the watch depends on your imagination liao...
                    just FYI (again)... your recommendation is not a "loophole" - it's not worth playing with IRAS just to claim back GST on a sub.
                    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by waikeekee View Post
                      Just to contribute my experience and give you an idea.

Quoted by a reputable AD in Singapore last month:

SGD 10,008.00 for 116610LN (The Black Ceramic Date Submariner)
                      SGD 15,000.00 for 116613LB (The TT Blue Ceramic Submariner)

The above prices are inclusive of GST. Loophole! Get a foreign friend who is visiting and use his/her passport to claim GST refund. How you get back the refund and the watch depends on your imagination liao.

IMHO - If you are able to get a lower prices, should be OK. Frankly, for AD selling Rolexs', the prices are much the same.
                      Hi all bro/sis,
                      Thank you very much for your replies. At first I am so very interested with the Green Hulk. But after viewing the actual watch in some shops in Chinatown. Don't really like the wasabi colour, as those fantastic photography I viewed online are so beautiful. But I chosen the Black Knight instead.
                      Rolex Centre's rrp is 11,810 for Hulk, 11,120 for Black Knight (my own term of this name)..

Cause I posted a few "Help" in some threads can't get response, got no choice then visited a few ADs. Some don't give any discount. So like it, buy it..

If can get the above mentioned price of 10,008 from AD, it a good good price. Die die must buy for anyone interested in Black Knight. I am not so lucky, my friend and I bought one each, talk till no saliva also can't get 10,008. Good luck..!!

Comment

And to share with bro/sis who is interested in Green Hulk, most local ADs don't give discount. Because of limited stock they got from Rolex. If you call Rolex Centre, the recommended retail price is Sgd 11,810 (23/10/14, 3:30pm). But most ADs I visited don't give discount for Hulk, they also jack up the price to 12,500. I asked them, that's not the rrp. They said because no stock, so if has demand, price is higher than Rolex rrp.. They are very open to this mark up...

Comment

Originally posted by Jean Ramon View Post
                          On the grey market you must be able to find a new one for about $ 10.600-$10.800, highly demand on this piece so discounts aren`t that great as AD`s know they can sell easily at full retail.
                          Bro: I saw one of the advertiser selling the 116610LN for SGD9,800.00 BNIB

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                          just FYI (again)... your recommendation is not a "loophole" - it's not worth playing with IRAS just to claim back GST on a sub.
                          Yes, I do agree with you. I have never done such a thing and I don't mess around with our garmen, but I know a few friends who are living and based overseas doing such things. They saved on their air tickets.

[QUOTE=Fugu_88;963111]Hi all bro/sis,
                          Thank you very much for your replies. At first I am so very interested with the Green Hulk. But after viewing the actual watch in some shops in Chinatown. Don't really like the wasabi colour, as those fantastic photography I viewed online are so beautiful. But I chosen the Black Knight instead.
                          Rolex Centre's rrp is 11,810 for Hulk, 11,120 for Black Knight (my own term of this name)..

Cause I posted a few "Help" in some threads can't get response, got no choice then visited a few ADs. Some don't give any discount. So like it, buy it..

If can get the above mentioned price of 10,008 from AD, it a good good price. Die die must buy for anyone interested in Black Knight. I am not so lucky, my friend and I bought one each, talk till no saliva also can't get 10,008. Good luck..!!QUOTE]

Bro! Congrats on your new Rolex. Hope you wear in good health. Since you are able to afford "The Black Knight" and like it, so long as you are getting a genuine one. It's ok lah! You are buying it for self-satisfaction and not for re-selling, why bother over 5-10% difference. Salesman need to put food on the table too, right?

I got quoted from a friend who works for this reputable AD for over 20 years and I know him just as long. Maybe, that's the perks. On your next Rolex, be more patience and check around more. Who knows, you might be able to save a few hundred bucks.

If I be you, go and look for the "Rubber B" black colour rubber strap when you are free. GMT Watch @ Golden Landmark sells them. I can't remember the unit number but they are on the 2nd floor.

Now, enjoy your Black Knight.

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                            warranty cards are not fool proof either. i have bought several random serial grey units (116610, 114060, 116710) with cards dated in advance.

just when i thought blank cards are no longer issued... i see an unworn SD4000 with an undated and unnamed warranty card.

i suppose nothing is stopping me from buying it, wearing it for a year or two, then dating it and selling it off as "a few months old."

until the serial number can be "cracked," the way forward is probably at least sighting the actual AD receipt to know for sure.

the only other (probable?) way is to put the watch on a timegrapher - the rate and amplitude will show if it has been worn for many years and hasn't been serviced. unfortunately, singaporeans tend to baby their watches and may likely wear it in rotation... so...

as always... buyer beware.
                            Hi, sorry for my ignorance, grey unit is it refer as those "Oversea AD" set..?

My friend actually was interested in the DeepSea, was quoted for a brand new oversea set, $12,500 by a pre-owned shop which sell new and old Rolex.

So much different from local AD set, $14,500 after discount. Original price was $15,000 plus..

Comment

Originally posted by Fugu_88 View Post
                              Hi, sorry for my ignorance, grey unit is it refer as those "Oversea AD" set..?

My friend actually was interested in the DeepSea, was quoted for a brand new oversea set, $12,500 by a pre-owned shop which sell new and old Rolex.

So much different from local AD set, $14,500 after discount. Original price was $15,000 plus..
                              Think can get lower price now for the Deepsea(black) from Grey seller....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X