Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to explain to others why you choose Rolex instead of other brands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to explain to others why you choose Rolex instead of other brands?

When I see someone with a nice watch and ask what watch it is, I am often greeted with a "cheap watch la, not like your 5-figure watches / Rolex".

Such statements disturb me. My choice of Rolex is simple, besides looks and quality, I know i can sell them off easily if I need cash. I've heard enough stories from friends who try to offload their tags, GPs etc. I love B&R, Azimuth etc.

When people ask for a recommendation for a good first watch and I reply Rolex, I get another funny look...
    WISHLIST
    Yachtmaster2 116688
    Sky Dweller
    AP ROO Black Theme
    WG Submariner

Why is there a new to explain to others?

Really

Comment

Why bother to? It's your money, spend it the way you like.
      Breitling Colt Quartz
      Chopard Millie Miglia
      Rolex Submariner 14060M
      JLC Master Control
      Rolex Daytona TT "Blue Arab"
      PAM 371 N Luminor Submersible GMT Regatta LE 500
      Helson 45mm Bronze Shark Diver
      Steinhart OCEAN One Premium Blue
      Seiko SRP605K1

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

Before u explain, buy another rolex. After u buy another rolex, u will feel no need to explain.

Comment

The only person I bother explaining to is my wife, who also is the finance minister.
          End result, she also bought one. Cheers

Comment

huh? y buy liao still must explain to others leh?
            if really must explain so much then arent life too difficult and busy?

Comment

Your money your rules and Rolex not expensive liao la. In the watch world it is in the middle of the pack..

Comment

No need to explain bro, more often than not they will said theirs are better.

Comment

I don't think you all have gotten TS' question correctly

I believe he/she was asking how does one explain the choice of getting a ROLEX watch over another brand(s).

I feel it is a personal choice how one chooses one brand over the other. For TS, you may counter the argument and ask back, "Why not you choose ROLEX over xxx brand?"
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

No need to explain, just say you like it and who cares what others think. Personaly I prefer other brands than Rolex but can see some people love it. As long as we are all happy

Comment

How about... "Rolex produces the largest quantity of luxury watches in mass production. I won't be wrong if I follow the crowd and buy one. I will look cool like one of them. It makes me feel safe."

Comment

Originally posted by goldvision View Post
                        How about... "Rolex produces the largest quantity of luxury watches in mass production. I won't be wrong if I follow the crowd and buy one. I will look cool like one of them. It makes me feel safe."
                        I like this, without the cool part. Thanks.
                        WISHLIST
                        Yachtmaster2 116688
                        Sky Dweller
                        AP ROO Black Theme
                        WG Submariner

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          I don't think you all have gotten TS' question correctly

I believe he/she was asking how does one explain the choice of getting a ROLEX watch over another brand(s).

I feel it is a personal choice how one chooses one brand over the other. For TS, you may counter the argument and ask back, "Why not you choose ROLEX over xxx brand?"
                          Agreed. It is a personal choice.
                          Rolex Explorer II 216570 - 24 Aug 2014
                          Seiko Criteria Cal 7T92 Model SNDF65P1 Limited Edition - 30 Aug 2014
                          Armani Exchange AX2500 - 25 Jan 2015
                          Tudor Black Bay GMT Reference: M79830RB-0001 - 16 Sept 2018

Comment

I admit it's herd mentality for me.

Comment

I would reply Rolex makes really fine good mechanical watches and I like the design.

there are a lot of Rolex-basher around for whatever reasons they have. Usually I don't get into the trap of arguing Rolex is good or not, worth the price or anything... Just smile and listen and enjoy the Rolex you have.

Started with airking, and even a airking can generate thousand of questions with people around you.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X