'Comeback statement' for Rolex/(any luxury brand) bashers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Comeback statement' for Rolex/(any luxury brand) bashers

Usually I'm quite cool about people who bash the rolex brand or whatever brand of watches I'm wearing. I believe most of us here encounter Rolex basher too... Usually I just smile, keep quiet and listen to what they have to say ( I would also secretly laugh in my heart for their ignorance too...)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not irritated or least bothered by their comment such as
    'Hey my digital watch that cost $xx also can tell time as accurate as your Rolex...'
    'Huh, u stay HDB also wear Rolex ah...'
    'U see ... My $xxx electronic watch also get as much attention as your Rolex...' (Why they think we want attention...., even if I want it, what wrong!)
    'I cannot understand why people spend 5 digits figure on watch... ( trying to imply I'm stupid for splurging my money on hobby)

But I decide that I should have a polite creative comeback statement for these Rolex bashers.
    Can you share how you creatively and politely shut these Rolex bashers without hurting the friendships.

silence is golden. i am immune to such comments. just smile.

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
    Usually I'm quite cool about people who bash the rolex brand or whatever brand of watches I'm wearing. I believe most of us here encounter Rolex basher too... Usually I just smile, keep quiet and listen to what they have to say ( I would also secretly laugh in my heart for their ignorance too...)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not irritated or least bothered by their comment such as
    'Hey my digital watch that cost $xx also can tell time as accurate as your Rolex...'
    'Huh, u stay HDB also wear Rolex ah...'
    'U see ... My $xxx electronic watch also get as much attention as your Rolex...' (Why they think we want attention...., even if I want it, what wrong!)
    'I cannot understand why people spend 5 digits figure on watch... ( trying to imply I'm stupid for splurging my money on hobby)

But I decide that I should have a polite creative comeback statement for these Rolex bashers.
    Can you share how you creatively and politely shut these Rolex bashers without hurting the friendships.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      silence is golden. i am immune to such comments. just smile.
      I thought that was the best too bro...
      But I think it's time to state my opinion instead of letting people bash what I like..

Once I told them... ' what makes you think that your opinion is more superior than mine...' It ended the conversation awkwardly. Haha

Comment

yes. i do agree that at times i want to express my opinion. but really no time to carry on such conversation.

Originally posted by jackjack View Post
        I thought that was the best too bro...
        But I think it's time to state my opinion instead of letting people bash what I like..

Once I told them... ' what makes you think that your opinion is more superior than mine...' It ended the conversation awkwardly. Haha
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

did had comments like that.. and that particular guy bought a rolex afterall.. and i am like

Comment

IMHO.
            Buying or wearing a Rolex does not means any things.

I bought and ware it just because I love it.
            Sometimes I wear Rolex, sometimes Seiko and sometimes Orient. All from my hard earn money. Just simply love them.

I remember once there was a guy wearing a full gold YM saying my EX ll is a cheap stuff and I told him my is genuine and his face turn black. He know what I meant because his looks fake.

To certain people is just a "sour grapes".

Comment

E
              Originally posted by Derick View Post
              IMHO.
              Buying or wearing a Rolex does not means any things.

I bought and ware it just because I love it.
              Sometimes I wear Rolex, sometimes Seiko and sometimes Orient. All from my hard earn money. Just simply love them.

I remember once there was a guy wearing a full gold YM saying my EX ll is a cheap stuff and I told him my is genuine and his face turn black. He know what I meant because his looks fake.

To certain people is just a "sour grapes".
              That's evil! I like it.
              Maybe next time I can smile and them ask them 'why you so sour today?'

Comment

You huan lo!!!!
                Rolex Submariner 116610LN
                Rolex daytona 116515LN
                Patek Ah gua naut
                Audemars P ROO Volcano

Comment

'I just like it n I would want 2 pass it on 2 my xxx in future'

Comment

I would just avoid the question
                    Not very good EQ on the person who even ask this type of question
                    elusive

Comment

Always works for me but because I'm a non smoker or drinker.

"Better than spending money on cigarettes and alcohol".

Straight away they keep quiet.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X