Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My thoughts on Tips to sell pre used watches for owners ( My opinion only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on Tips to sell pre used watches for owners ( My opinion only)

Most of the posts I read here abt owners selling their watches are simply unrealistic. Some price their stuffs at the same price as RSC. Some are better, but they priced their watches the same as 2nd hand dealers.

For those who price their items at the same with RSC - Potential sellers rather go to RSC or 2nd hand dealer to buy new watches.

For those who price their items at the same with the 2nd hand dealers - If u are unable to provide in house warranty, ppl will just go to the dealers' shop. Can bargain somemore.

So my opinion only, before u sell, chk with a few dealers how much they are taking in. And add a couple of hundreds more but of cos much lower than their selling price. Then only U will get the deal. Else u can post for years and it will not be sold. Why waste time right? I fully understand that owners wishes to recoup their cost,. But pls be realistic.

Yup more or less agree.

But anyway I just close the tab and continue browsing

Comment

Yes, maybe... not. Some bought their watches at a high price while some might have gotten a good discount for their watches. Thus, when people re-sell their watches, the selling price differs. Just to cite a real example, A bought a Daytona at a premium price of $17K. B bought at a small discount of maybe $15K. How do you think each should price their watch to sell?

How about those ROLEX watches that had been discontinued and "made special" by collectors, such as the Submariner LV ("flat 4"), GMTII 'M' series (3186 movement), etc? And these models are being priced ridiculously high? Do visit the "Sold Items" section and see for yourself how these watches were priced (and getting sold). How then should these "rare" watch models be priced since they are old and when bought then only cost 80-90% of their current selling prices?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I think the prices here are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
          Yes, maybe... not. Some bought their watches at a high price while some might have gotten a good discount for their watches. Thus, when people re-sell their watches, the selling price differs. Just to cite a real example, A bought a Daytona at a premium price of $17K. B bought at a small discount of maybe $15K. How do you think each should price their watch to sell?

How about those ROLEX watches that had been discontinued and "made special" by collectors, such as the Submariner LV ("flat 4"), GMTII 'M' series (3186 movement), etc? And these models are being priced ridiculously high? Do visit the "Sold Items" section and see for yourself how these watches were priced (and getting sold). How then should these "rare" watch models be priced since they are old and when bought then only cost 80-90% of their current selling prices?
          I am talking abt watches in general. Rare pieces or limited addition are left out. Ur example of a daytona... I can only say buyer A needs to suck the losses. Who wants him to be the first group to buy. Of cos ppl can priced any amount they like. But the gist is to get it off the soonest.

Comment

Originally posted by polarinda View Post
            I think the prices here are pretty good.
            Then the owners who wish to sell their watches are happy to get u to deal with them. How abt a batman preown for a year selling at 12k? U rather buy this piece than to buy a new one at lower amt? 😱😱

Comment

Originally posted by Alaric00 View Post
              Then the owners who wish to sell their watches are happy to get u to deal with them. How abt a batman preown for a year selling at 12k? U rather buy this piece than to buy a new one at lower amt? 😱😱
              Agreed. While the original purchase price is important to the seller as it was his cost, the sale price should still be benchmarked to the prevailing market price or else no buyer will bite.

Comment

Btw I am not a dealer. A watch lover who will upgrade for nicer ones. Sellers always has a phrase... No low ballers... So a word for the unrealistic sellers. Good luck on ur post.

Comment

they priced their price at such could be due to :
                  1) hoping to justify their buying price
                  2) hoping to earn some profit
                  3) hoping for those who didn't do their homework to buy their watch

anyway its their choice to price whatever they want, after one or more thread with same kinda unrealistic pricing. i usually won't even bother to click on whatever they are selling (yes i recognise nick)

Comment

Well, my opinion is that the sellers are trying to capitalize on the market shortage of some models and hoping to catch on those who cant wait to get that particular model.

Usually, the sellers here will price it lower than the selling price in Singapore, but for the newer models, they seem to price it same or slightly higher due to the shortage.

Probably no right or wrong, it just how hard up we are on the watch, you need it now, and Singapore whole island out of stock, then you have to decide whether to bite it.

If all can wait, then price will stabilize, and this scenario will be lesser.

Just my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by topaz View Post
                      Well, my opinion is that the sellers are trying to capitalize on the market shortage of some models and hoping to catch on those who cant wait to get that particular model.

Usually, the sellers here will price it lower than the selling price in Singapore, but for the newer models, they seem to price it same or slightly higher due to the shortage.

Probably no right or wrong, it just how hard up we are on the watch, you need it now, and Singapore whole island out of stock, then you have to decide whether to bite it.

If all can wait, then price will stabilize, and this scenario will be lesser.

Just my thought.
                      Same tots. It's really up 2 every individual to sell at the price he's comfortable wif. U dun like then dun patronize. Diff pple oso buy watches at diff price, oso the state of wear-n-tear varies frm watch 2 watch, so how pple wan 2 price their watches is up 2 them. U r oso selling a watch in this forum?

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/threads/1...ize?highlight=

Comment

Allow me to voice my opinion from a new owner pov.

I was looking for a pre-owned sub, recent model - 116610/114060. There are offers going at $8300(dated model) for 2010 model and $8700 (dated model) for late 2014 model.

Eventually article of 5 years manufacturer came. I bite the bullet, top up a bit more, to purchase new set from AD. (Yes, watches bought within 2 years from 1st July 15 are automatically given an extra year warranty but more is always better right? And I guess it helps with the resale value down the road)

Personally for me, I get a brand new set so I dont have to worry if internal parts has been swopped or for that matter making a trip to RSC to verify. 2ndly, the warranty is at least 2 years longer from any pre-owned set bought prior to 1st July 2015. (additional piece of mind for me although i have seem a lot of comments that subs are excellent workhorses, but god knows if i suay suay got a more problematic set). 3rdly, I am particular about watch condition since its my 1st watch and I notice watches from end-users come with fair amount of wear & tear, unless the sellers are actually collectors who seldom wear them. (i rather for me to scratch the watch myself (choii choiii!! touch wood!!) than to pay slightly lower price to wear a worn set. (sad to agree that some prices are not very "ideal". I came across a cheaper by $300 (compared to AD price) set but eventually decided against it due to its condition and warranty differences)

Just my view.... not here to annoy anyone.

Glad to be part of the bigger family (finally). Enjoy!! Its TGIT(thursday). Happy long weekend and Selamat Hari Raya to our muslim friends !!

Comment

Same thought as i also just bought it after the new warranty kick in.

Was actually looking at grey dealer and seller in forum.
                          Bit the bullet and bought with AD cos of the 5 years warranty.
                          Alto price would be slightly higher saved the $107 & time for authentication and also for a peace of mind.

Comment

No right or wrong since is a open market for willing buyers & willing sellers.

Comment

Originally posted by Fran View Post
                              No right or wrong since is a open market for willing buyers & willing sellers.
                              what he said.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X