Found stains on my TT sub! Normal?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
    it's perfectly normal for 18k gold cos of the copper content in 18k yg will show up a bit after few washes.. mine has them too but i just leave them there till it's time for a service.. even if you send to rsc then they'll just polish or buff the gold links on the bracelet.. imo i'd never polish my watch unnecessarily...
    Got it! I wouldn't wanna polish the watch at this early stage too..

Thanks for the inputs!

Comment

Just bring it down to RSC to let them take a look. I had the same problem and they just clean it for me without any polishing or buffing. And it's free since the watch still have warranty.

Comment

same watch as yours, also have the same problem but my gold has turned 'rose gold' LOL

i suspect its due to frequent washing with handwash soap that causes or after washing & left inside my drawer.

Comment

I have a TT GMT2 V SERIES never this prOblem of tarnish

My brother has the alphanumeric TT sub ceramic - also has this tarnish issue with the gold

I suspect the gold recent batches QC issue...

Comment

this is gold patina, nothing to be alarm of. leave it as it is but if It bothers you, can easily buff it off with jewelry kits
            Originally posted by VincentTSH View Post
            Hi guys..

As mentioned in the title, I was cleaning my watch after I reached home and while cleaning I found this weird stain on the bracelet in the middle gold links..

Tried to wipe it and clean it but it looks like it's permanently stuck there..

Anyone has this problem? Or anyone know any solutions to clean the stains away?

Thanks in advance!
            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
            , 18238 malachite
            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
            AP 15300 Black
            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
            GP 18k RG
            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
            Chronoswiss Skeleton
            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

I recommended u, u take a eraser to rub on the surface that tarnished definitely work.. that will gone.. Its common that tarnish after some time..

Comment

mine also have this new colour.. lol
                i thought it's due to our sweat compound mixing with the 18k compound that causes this..

use mama lemon to give it some light rubs with finger.. should go off... maybe not totally though.. dunno use mama lemon will aggravate it further or not ?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X