No announcement yet.

Rolex...ah Beng or Uncle Watch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old style tt datejust men size..yes. new datejust2 looks cool. i dont think models like hulk, gmt2c and deepsea look uncle at all, maybe uncle find them too trendy instead

Comment

• Rolex is a respectable brand ...

If you are asking whether ROLEX is an uncle brand ? NOPE

Auntie also carry Lv , Chanel , Louboutin .....

Uncle also wear Nike , Adidas , Drive ferrari , porsche , Lamborg

Does it makes these Brands Uncle/Anutie Brands ????

Youngster that owns the above is also uncle ??? is base on individual preference & fashion sense ....

Wear and own it with Style =)

just sharing my thoughts
      Last edited by Tawfiq; 11-09-13, 12:04 AM.

Comment

• I love "uncle" brands.....

Rolex, Dupont, Dunhill etc..... Classic and traditional....

Comment

• Originally posted by Tawfiq View Post
          Rolex is a respectable brand ...

If you are asking whether ROLEX is an uncle brand ? NOPE

Auntie also carry Lv , Chanel , Louboutin .....

Uncle also wear Nike , Adidas , Drive ferrari , porsche , Lamborg

Does it makes these Brands Uncle/Anutie Brands ????

Youngster that owns the above is also uncle ??? is base on individual preference & fashion sense ....

Wear and own it with Style =)

just sharing my thoughts
          Tawfiq, I know you are not an Uncle

Comment

• It's classic and timeless !!!

Read ablogtowatch 8/9 article on Cars change, Watches don't - thru the years

1950s to present between cadillac cars and the classic rolex TT DJ !!

Comment

• Originally posted by quacker View Post
              Tawfiq, I know you are not an Uncle
              Fantastic Point...

Comment

• If you think is yes, than you must be outdated.

Majority of the Rolex lover bought it because of the reputations and qualities.

Commonly I can see "Uncle" wearing G-Shock. (They call it "G-Siok.)

Some still have not reach the level to owned one.

100s aplogize, I`m not against any watch lovers in this forum.

I just love what I likes and respect what other watch lover likes.

That is me.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>> + <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Comment

• If anyone is so bothered about whether Rolex is an uncle brand, buy other brands!

I love my all my watches, Rolex or Seiko or Casio or 3-for-$10 cheap watches. Stereotyped me by the watch I'm wearing, as if I care!

Comment

• I dun think Rolex is an uncle brand , it's a classic and re-known brand ...

Comment

• when does one buy a DJ, followed by a sports, then a DD, each purchase probably 5 to 10 years apart?? true to certain extend, but Rolex is a brand which symbolises (or aims to) epic achievement and success and milestones in one's life, explorers by sports men, subs and DS by pro divers, DD by CEOs, successful businessmen and craftmen etc. how many youngsters have achived these when young?
                      Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                      Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                      GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                      GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                      DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                      DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                      , 18238 malachite
                      DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                      AP 15300 Black
                      Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                      GP 18k RG
                      IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                      Chronoswiss Skeleton
                      Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

• Here is my $0.02:

I am an uncle, and I wear Rolex. So Rolex is an 'Uncle' brand.

Comment

• There are probably a thousand such articles and bloggers out there blogging their personal opinions to gain attentions. Its like blogging why Coke is not the best drink or berkins shd not be priced so expensively etc. Of every 100 fans, theres always a hater.

Originally posted by pkc View Post
                          see this article by dwayne smith

The Argument Against Rolex Watches
                          Dwayne Smith

http://www.askmen.com/fashion/trends...x-watches.html

Let’s get one thing straight: Rolexes are for people that know names but don’t know watches. For the price Rolex charges, you can buy dozens of other watches that are better looking, more accurate, much less common, and don’t make you look like you're an overweight white man coming off the golf course. Consider this: When former model Carla Bruni hooked up with newly minted French president Nicolas Sarkozy, the very first thing she did was make him swap out his gold Rolex for a much more refined Patek Philippe. Rolexes reek of desperation.

No one in their right mind should spend their hard earned money on a new Rolex. Here's why.

Rolex movements are over-hyped
                          First, the movement quality of your run-of-the-mill Rolex is nothing special. In fact, many much more affordable Swiss watches use movements that keep time just as well. To add insult to injury, there are even some Chinese, Japanese and Russian movements that are just as -- if not more -- accurate as a standard Rolex movement.

Rolex watches look stale
                          Rolex’s designs are stale. This brand hasn’t released a truly new model in over a decade, and the majority of the watches it makes today are exact duplicates of the watches it made half a century ago. In fact, the biggest innovation it has made in recent years is a new metal called “Rolesor,” which is heavily advertised as a great new substance for watchmaking. Guess what; it’s just steel and gold.

Rolex stories are nothing but a myth
                          All those stories you hear about Rolexes being chosen as the watch for great adventures are only half true. For example, Rolex claims Sir Edmund Hillary wore an Explorer when he scaled the summit of Mount Everest for the first time. This is not the case. In fact, he only carried the Explorer until he reached the summit and then put on a watch from a small British company called Smiths. Hillary even wrote a signed letter endorsement to Smiths stating: “I carried your watch to the summit and it worked perfectly.” Rolex also submitted a watch to NASA in the early ‘60s to be considered for use in the moon missions. We all know how that turned out.

Rolex watches are for seniors or rappers
                          It is rare for a brand to be considered both stodgy and lame and ghetto fabulous at the very same time, yet Rolex has done it. If you ask one person on the street what they think of Rolex, they’ll tell you their elderly grandfather wears one in between rounds of golf and his daily 2 p.m. nap. If you ask another, they’ll tell you the only people that wear Rolexes are athletes and rappers. So which are you, a sleepy 85-year-old bald man or an 18-year-old athlete from the hood trying to prove his worth to the world?
                          Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
                          Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
                          GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
                          GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
                          DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
                          DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
                          , 18238 malachite
                          DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
                          AP 15300 Black
                          Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
                          GP 18k RG
                          IWC Port 3714 Chrono
                          Chronoswiss Skeleton
                          Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

• if rolex is uncle brand means mercedes is too

Comment

• I wear my Explorer II / 16570 bk.

Small kids call me "Uncle".
                              My father call me "Son".
                              My brothers and sisters call me "Brother".
                              My friends call me "Friend".

Who am I ??? It depands on who addressed who. ,,,,,,,,, .

I think the person who think is an "Uncle Brand" is refering to the fake Rolex.

Any one have accross the brand name call "PxxKing" ??
                              The parsa malam brand or market corridor brand.
                              They "almost" copy all the Rolex models design.
                              If you say that brand is an "Uncle Brand", maybe I agree.
                              But I will still respect those "Uncle" who acknowledged the "Rolex" brand. They just want to fufill their dream.
                              Just let them wear happily. Maybe is the way to enjoy their life.
                              Is OK.

>>> + <<< 000 >>> + <<<

Comment

• Don't think Rolex is a Uncle Brand. It depends on the model that you buy or wear. I been wearing Rolex since I was 16 years old and is now 11 years down the road. When I wear TT Datejust, it seems more uncle, but not so when I am wearing TT Blue Sub or other SS models. The model does play a part.
                                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X