Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hahaha good one

Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
    Its obvious to me, you are contradicting yourself.
    You gave up a real classic for a modern 114060, and then into a modern datejust.

What makes a datejust classic is the classic 36mm case of yesteryears and the "tin can" clasp which is actually very strong despite its look. The new datejust takes after the old one albeit improvements all round. It will be a classic in time to come but not just yet.

You are the new wave of Rolex wearers who mistake themselves as liking classics but are actually preferring modern instead.
    Absolutely nothing wrong in that but just dont be confused into thinking otherwise.

By the way, whats next after selling your datejust 116234?

Comment

• Sorry bro, I just dun like poor engineering. Although a classic in looks, the tin-can clasp of the 16110 has been a perpetual source of complaints.

The hollow centre links of the old DJs lead to bracelet stretch, another perennial grouse.

The current DJ gets it right on 4 points: beefier case, solid links, solid end-links, hidden clasp. The shortcomings of the old DJs have been made good.

My dad (the one wearing the modern TTDJ) gave me his 1972 6694 for safekeeping. That watch felt cheaply made, but yet it was very good for its time.

Brudder, you just prefer the old vintage stuff. You are right - I prefer modern engineering. I mean, do you want to use an Apple II or an iPad Air?

I actually have more than 1 DJ.

What's next? 118238?

Comment

• Rolex being the top-selling swiss brand is a mass market luxury brand - uncles & aunties wear it, ah beng & ah lian wear it, young executives and senior professionals wear it, ah long and celebrities also wear it. So to label it as a brand for a certain group of people is obviously wrong.

Funny thing is, many who argue here that Rolex isn't an uncle brand call themselves uncle in other threads
        Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          rolex being the top-selling swiss brand is a mass market luxury brand - uncles & aunties wear it, ah beng & ah lian wear it, young executives and senior professionals wear it, ah long and celebrities also wear it. So to label it as a brand for a certain group of people is obviously wrong.

Funny thing is, many who argue here that rolex isn't an uncle brand call themselves uncle in other threads
          lol

Comment

• To me it all depends on your face . Ah beng face wear Casio also look beng. Ah peh face wear swatch also look old . It's how u carry loleks on the wrist.
            For me , I have an ah beng face and speaks lots of hokkien, I wear my gold sub , ppl tot I ah long .
            I don't give a damn.
            Nowadays women wear loleks too, ESP daytonas. It doesn't makes them ah lian.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X