Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Rolex box really important in a deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Rolex box really important in a deal?

Hi guys!

Tis topic prolly has been discussed before but pls bear with me. Im looking for my 1st Rolex and has been shopping ard.

I juz wanna know when buying a used Rolex, is the cert n box important? I know the cert is more important but will the price affects alot if its juz the watch only?

Reaaon being is that i saw a few pieces jiz watch only but e price is slightly lower the 1 with full set.

Any input is appreciated.

Thx!

You are likely going to get mixed responses for this. It boils down to individual preference. This is something like if one prefers to buy a new watch vs a used watch.

A general advice to this is, if you are likely selling this used watch in future, you may consider to get one in a full set, ie with certificate and box, etc. The resale value will likely be higher. For a used watch that does not come with anything, unless you are going to own it for good, then it really does not matter.

The difference in price wise, you are a better judge to it.
    Last edited by Oceanklassik; 01-03-16, 09:35 AM.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      You are likely going to get mixed responses for this. It boils down to individual preference. This is something like if one prefers to buy a new watch vs a used watch.

A general advice to this is, if you are likely selling this used watch in future, you may consider to get one in a full set, ie with certificate and box, etc. The resale value will likely be higher. For a used watch that does not come with anything, unless you are going to own it for good, then it really does not matter.

The difference in price wise, you are a better judge to it.
      Thx for the response! I found out the box its not an important factor. More importantly is the cert. But even hav cert but the watch is more than 3yrs old, its still pretty useless rite?

Comment

as mentioned, it is likely to come down to personal preference. for me, a complete set (certification and box) is a must. also note that there are shops/sellers who say the watch comes with a rolex fitted box. an example is that the watch is a 1990s watch but the seller provides a post 2000 rolex box. this to me is as good as no box at all.

if it is a complete set, then the box must match the period when the watch is being produced.

one step down is watch must comes with a certification. if the watch does not comes with a certification, i wont buy that piece no matter how good the condition the watch is.

Originally posted by Quietstorm View Post
        Hi guys!

Tis topic prolly has been discussed before but pls bear with me. Im looking for my 1st Rolex and has been shopping ard.

I juz wanna know when buying a used Rolex, is the cert n box important? I know the cert is more important but will the price affects alot if its juz the watch only?

Reaaon being is that i saw a few pieces jiz watch only but e price is slightly lower the 1 with full set.

Any input is appreciated.

Thx!
        Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

you may have the understanding that once the watch is more than 3 years old, there is no warranty hence there is no purpose of having the certification. to me the certification is one of the many indicators that the watch is authentic to a certain extent. *cavet emptor*. as a buyer all due diligence to ensure that the watch is authentic is still a must. the certification alone is NOT ENOUGH to say that the watch is authentic.

Originally posted by Quietstorm View Post
          Thx for the response! I found out the box its not an important factor. More importantly is the cert. But even hav cert but the watch is more than 3yrs old, its still pretty useless rite?
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
          2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

IMO its really personal preference.

Full set, buy higher sell higher.

Watch only, buy lower sell lower.

Authentication can be done with some time and a fee.
            So not much issue for Rolex.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Thx for all the response! Greatly appreciated!

Comment

Having a Rolex Warranty cert is no indication that watch is authentic.

If the seller, replaces the original movement with a replica movement and sells it with full box papers. All the buyer get will simply be the original Shell.

How do you feel if you bought a supposedly 3.5liter Mercedes but it has a chery 800cc engine.

Heeeeheeee

Therefore in buying preowned, i see watch, i see movement.
                Cert and box are simply just bonus which completes the collection.

However i am not a collector, i am a wearer!
                Wahahahahahaha

Comment

precisely, that is why i have mentioned cavet emptor and due diligence has to be practised

Originally posted by triton View Post
                  you may have the understanding that once the watch is more than 3 years old, there is no warranty hence there is no purpose of having the certification. to me the certification is one of the many indicators that the watch is authentic to a certain extent. *cavet emptor*. as a buyer all due diligence to ensure that the watch is authentic is still a must. the certification alone is NOT ENOUGH to say that the watch is authentic.
                  Originally posted by Trinidad View Post
                  Having a Rolex Warranty cert is no indication that watch is authentic.

If the seller, replaces the original movement with a replica movement and sells it with full box papers. All the buyer get will simply be the original Shell.

Heeeeheeee

Therefore in buying preowned, i see watch, i see movement.
                  Cert and box are simply just bonus which completes the collection.

However i am not a collector, i am a wearer!
                  Wahahahahahaha

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Bao zhuang or packaging....hehheh

Comment

boxes

those interested in box can PM me. 100% authentic from rolex.

Comment

Yes, if you intend to flip it later.

No, if you intend to keep it forever.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X