Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

favorite bespoke Rolex customised brand 2016 (Project X, Blaken, Black Titan, etc)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favorite bespoke Rolex customised brand 2016 (Project X, Blaken, Black Titan, etc)

Hello everyone,

I'm looking at these custom Rolex's (interested in Daytona). I wanted to get your ideas of what brand options I can consider for doing custom mods from a bespoke finisher/ customiser (not modded myself but by them). I understand many true purists will not like the idea of modding a Rolex in any form and i can understand their point of view, however i am just considering options.

The brands i know of doing customisation are

- Bamford
    - Blaken
    - Project X
    - Black Titan
    - Brevet

Some of these brands purely just coat the watch to "black" which i find a little tacky. I'm more interested in some small subtle changes (i.e hands, subdials, etc and maybe some marking on the dial).

Which of the watch customisers are considered the top quality and finish? (no point modding one of these if cheap and inferior custom parts, finish are used)

Do any custom brands hold value well? Is Blaken and Bamford considered the top modding brands and do these hold value?

Any other cool brands doing cool things i can consider?

The value of a custom watch is the value you give it.
    When people see my custom Rolexes, they go wow usually.

I have two custom Rolexes.
    One Sub and one SeaD.

Dont think that i will ever sell them as they carry my name and family name.

Have fun

Ps. I dont consider any of the houses you mentioned becos i believe that a true custom Rolex is one of a kind. Not available from the shops.

Comment

Hi Trinidad,

So did you choose to do your customisations yourself or how did you go about it?

Comment

most of them can do more than DLC/PVD the watch itself. they also customized the dial/hands/etc.

the best about usage of custom parts or otherwise is to email the brands who does customization. for example, if they say they use the original parts to customize. will you know even if they have swop out after delivery? if they use inferior parts, will you be able to tell just by looking at the parts?

whether custom watch holds value or otherwise depends on the next potential buyer perception value of the watch. the customization cost 10k. the potential buyer can either value it higher or lower.

cool things is up to you to decide and check if they can do it and at what price. cool to you may not be cool to others. what is cool things for others may not be cool things for you. hence customization is very subjective.

instead of spending money of customized watch, i rather spend the money on this - https://www.watches.de/en/archive/43...am-italy-16600

Originally posted by hannhann00 View Post
        Hello everyone,

I'm looking at these custom Rolex's (interested in Daytona). I wanted to get your ideas of what brand options I can consider for doing custom mods from a bespoke finisher/ customiser (not modded myself but by them). I understand many true purists will not like the idea of modding a Rolex in any form and i can understand their point of view, however i am just considering options.

The brands i know of doing customisation are

- Bamford
        - Blaken
        - Project X
        - Black Titan
        - Brevet

Some of these brands purely just coat the watch to "black" which i find a little tacky. I'm more interested in some small subtle changes (i.e hands, subdials, etc and maybe some marking on the dial).

Which of the watch customisers are considered the top quality and finish? (no point modding one of these if cheap and inferior custom parts, finish are used)

Do any custom brands hold value well? Is Blaken and Bamford considered the top modding brands and do these hold value?

Any other cool brands doing cool things i can consider?
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by hannhann00 View Post
          Hi Trinidad,

So did you choose to do your customisations yourself or how did you go about it?
          My customisation is on the dial.
          They are professionally done overseas by highly experienced watch techs

Basically monogrammed my chinese name in red on my Sub and dotted the second hand red.
          For the SD, monogrammed my chinese family name in green and colored the seadweller word green.

Now the "red" sub is worn by my wife for daily thrashing
          While the SD is worn by me for swimming and other sports

Enjoy

Comment

very cool thanks for the input. I've initiated discussions with two companies so lets see how it develops as i'm undecided as of yet.

Comment

Excellent

Hope you get what you want.
              Nothing beats a truly personalised Rolex.

All the best

Comment

yeah i'm in the process of lining up a custom Blaken. I get the many enthusiast wont like it but i think it's cool

Comment

Although I'm not going to buy, my favorite at the moment is the Pro Hunter (Milsub) sword hands Submariner (blacked out)....

The only things I would change are:
                  (a) get rid of the Prohunter off the dial; and
                  (b) restore white markers on the bezel.

Comment

Can the customisation be done on an existing Rolex? Or must I get a brand new from the company doing the customisation itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Helmsley View Post
                      Can the customisation be done on an existing Rolex? Or must I get a brand new from the company doing the customisation itself?
                      I have heard that you can either:

1. Use your own ROLEX watch to do customization (less expensive); or
                      2. Buy one that is already customized by them (more costly).

I do not think the companies that do customization sells brand new and fresh ROLEX watches.

Good to confirm with them directly.
                      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X