Please i need ask to this question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please i need ask to this question

Why you guys don't want to buy watch outside Singapore?
    Please really want to know the reason.

... what a question..

Allow me to point out some possibilities:

1. Most watch brands are easily available in Singapore.
    2. Inability to touch and feel the watch before making a purchase.
    3. Will have window period of wait.
    4. Hassle and more delay if watch condition is not as expected.
    5. Risk of being cheated.

Maybe more members can contribute.
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

First things first, your question is generic and not specific...to ME at least.

Are you asking why buyers don't go and buy watches outside of Spore OR buyers don't want to buy watches from OVERSEAS ADs which are ADs OUTSIDE of Spore?

And both will give different answers. I can't answer caused I don't get the angle of your question.

'It ain't how hard you hit;
      it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.
      How much you can take, and keep moving forward.
      That's how winning is done.'

Comment

Lol main answer is do not want to risk getting cheated. Like your watches all at overseas right? Will not deal with u even if it better in terms of price lol. Can't physically inspect the watch. Do not want to have any dispute.

Comment

Cheaper watches ok to buy online. Others better to buy local. Unless you are overseas and know local trusted dealers there.

Comment

I want give business to the locals

Comment

the truth is , buying from overseas entitles you to a huge tax rebate
              eg 20% in EU

Comment

I am answering this question based on the assumption that you are comparing between buying new direct from local ADs or overseas ADs, and not online or from an individual.

It depends, for many countries such as Europe(excluding Switzerland), unless if your purchase is a huge amount, your tax refund is lesser. Also you bear credit card charges for overseas spending. I have went round asking for prices in Italy, Germany, Paris, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Belgium, Austria and New Zealand before and have concluded that generally there isn't a huge difference whether buying locally or overseas, unless if your purchase amount is huge or the model is hard to get locally and the ADs are selling at premium prices. So you basically benefit from the tax refunds.

For reasons why people prefer to buy locally instead:

1)Potential of able to negotiate for better prices if relationship with AD is good and especially if you are local.
                2)Certain brands are not popular in Singapore so as such you are likely able to get better prices here. For example, Breitling.
                3)You can maximize your credit card benefits by opting for interest free instalments if the need be. For example, if your purchase is $12,000 and you use UOB One card and opt for 6 mths instalments($2,000/mth), you will get 5% rebate which is another $600 off for you. Therefore you find yourself paying an even lower nett amount after offsetting the credit card rebates.
                4)You can also clock points for free parking or accumulate membership points for vouchers redemption if you are member with the shopping centre. For example, if you are buying from an AD located in Capitaland building such as Raffles City. Sometimes the shopping Centre even have promotions where you get free gifts and bonus points for a minimum spend.
                5)Erm... You get to boost your own country's economy

Generally the advantages for buying from local ADs is the flexibility to plan your purchase for potentially better prices and also the miscellaneous perks. However the feeling is not as good as getting from Europe and overseas because they are like souvenirs to remind you of your trips. I have bought 4 luxury watches so far, 2 of which are bought from Switzerland and the other 2 locally. The ones that I bought from Switzerland were just "standard" discounts after conversion to sgd whereas the ones I bought locally were the best prices I had come across so far. However I love the ones I got from Switzerland more than the local ones and they got more of my wrist time. The sentimental value is also important to me other than the price so if the price difference is not very huge I personally like getting my watches overseas, especially in Europe.
                Last edited by chronomat01le; 21-09-16, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Oh btw, by right you are supposed to pay 7% gst when you bring your overseas purchase back lah. So by right if you abide by law you are likely to end up paying more....

Comment

Local AD Reputable.

Comment

Originally posted by mywatchmark View Post
                      Why you guys don't want to buy watch outside Singapore?
                      Please really want to know the reason.
                      local ad, service is key!

Comment

if any problem, still can go back local to follow, even pay fee, can get receipt and wait for return

oversea, even if cheaper vs time, flight, follow up. na, stay local better and can make friends la kopi...

honesty, when we buy used watch, do we really know dial condition? replacement parts? over haul before? bracelet code or link mixed?

on line or ebay? deposit? nope, i will stick to local....
                        past collection
                        Omega 3510.61,3520.50,3510.53,3510.50,3511.50,3513.50,35 21.30
                        Rolex 1500,1601,1675,1680,5513,6426,6694,14060M,16234, 16523,16013,16570,16600,16613,16713,16800,16520,11 6523,116660,16610,16610lv

Comment

Anybody bought a Rolex at HK airport recently?

Just want to get a user experience at the Dickson watch shop?.

Comment

Unless you are comparing with HK where the range of options is comparable (and no GST), I vote for Singapore - reputable dealers for the genuine article

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X